Dade

Colton Cumbie

The dude is pure Survivor-Evil...makes Russell & Company look like newborn kittens!!

Scary thing is he exhibits a lot of traits of the world's past & present evil people!!! Makes me hope that Survivor IS as scripted & edited as other "reality" shows and this is just an act from Colton...otherwise he's a darn scary individual!

I tend to think many reality shows these days are scripted, but I believe is Survivor is one reality show that is not scripted. IMHO, Survivor has the best casting producers in the business. They find real life wackos like Colton. He is the real deal. You can easily see him during a casting interview telling them real stories from his life, and never shutting up.

Instead of scripting drama, the producers have dozens of unpredictable surprises\twists ready to go in case the drama is too low, like players sitting around doing nothing all day except waiting for a challenge or if the producers do not like the direction the players are headed in terms of low drama results. Tonight episode is an example. For reasons unknown, the producers decided to mix up the tribes. Maybe it was always planned from the beginnning, or maybe the producers were seeing something brewing that they did not think would make for good TV. I think if the producers discover that too many players are floaters allowing just 1-2 players control all the decisions, then they will mixes things up to force the floaters to make some decisions. One thing I know fore sure, I never can out guess Survivor like I can with other reality shows, that love to over focus on the winner from start to finish, as if the audience doesn't notice a pattern that 1-2 always seem to get all the air time, and the entire series is highly predictable. Survivor is never predictable.

Guest 6Borders

Watching Colton is like watching a "Don Rickles of Survivor Roast"...he looks down and insults everyone and they just sit there and take it. Amazing!!!

This cast is sooooooooooooooooo boring. Except for Colton. He is a wack job but makes the show a little worth watching. He is entertainment.

This cast is sooooooooooooooooo boring. Except for Colton. He is a wack job but makes the show a little worth watching. He is entertainment.

The way they are editing the show so far, it does appear that nobody else is willing to make any decisions, its like everyone else wants to be a floater so that they aren't perceived as a threat. You'd think at least 1-2 of the guys would be type A personalities and couldn't sit back and let a sissie like Colton push them around.

Manono is peasants or village people as compared with Salani's Greek Gods. Well spoken from the Manono village twit.

I'm looking forward to seeing if the new Salani can maintain it's streak. Even though Colton's screen time is hilarious.

Guest 6Borders

At least Colton is playing the game. Sometimes I'm not sure what show the rest of them think they are on!

I would say he is a shoo-in for a future all-stars game.

Guest 6Borders

WOW, what a turn of events!

Karma definitely is a &*%$# but I'm sorry to see Colton have to leave the show this way. Bravo for him keeping the idol...that was such a "Colton move" and a nice little nose-thumb at Alicia!!!

Tho I detest every seeing any cast member return, if anyone deserves a change to play out the game he does JMHO!!

WOW, what a turn of events!

Karma definitely is a &*%$# but I'm sorry to see Colton have to leave the show this way. Bravo for him keeping the idol...that was such a "Colton move" and a nice little nose-thumb at Alicia!!!

Tho I detest every seeing any cast member return, if anyone deserves a change to play out the game he does JMHO!!

agree ~ I hope the other players step it up now and give us some entertainment.

I couldn't have been happier with the way things turned out last night. Colton's gone AND he was in a lot of pain. Couldn't have asked for more.

Can't say I was sorry to see him go. I thought it was funny that the side comment by Tarzan (who is a doctor) was the symptoms were that of appendicitis and turns out he was right! LOL But with the "game is afoot" he wasn't going to give himself away!

Merge had to happen or Alicia would be gone too and then the show would get boring!

Turned out to be a severe bacterial infection, but the fact that the medic had the same concern gave Tarzan some credibility!

Guest 6Borders

When was that revealed???? Did I miss something?

Pretty damn sure he'll be showing in a future season of Survivor. Either an All-star version, or simply be asked back as a regular player. No way are the producer going to let a ratings winner like Colton go without getting more mileage out of him. Seriously, a guy like that raises the ratings by several points, and that is a lot of money to be made. People watch because they like his style. People watch because they hate him, and are preying that the gets voted out. Producers don't care if you love\hate him, because your watching.

How true! As much as I disliked Russell Hantz I dislike this guy even more. I hope he never gets on another show. He is not an all-star. He's an insecure little baby who seems not to like anyone who looks different from him (Alicia was not his friend but just a means to get what he wanted). He may or may not be a ratings booster. I guess we'll find that out now.

How true! As much as I disliked Russell Hantz I dislike this guy even more. I hope he never gets on another show. He is not an all-star. He's an insecure little baby who seems not to like anyone who looks different from him (Alicia was not his friend but just a means to get what he wanted). He may or may not be a ratings booster. I guess we'll find that out now.

There's really only one criteria for getting asked back: Is the person going to help increase Ratings

To be asked back, the person is going to fall into one of two fan catagories:

Mostly loved by fans

Mostly hated by fans

Generally floaters don't get asked backed because they just want to sit around and let the hardcore plays knock each other out of the game, but they are very boring to watch on TV because they so\do practically nothing. Floaters have won, but nobody wants to see them back.

Characters like Colton and Russel Hantz (or little Hantz), are hated by most fans, but they are the types we love to hate, and we do victory dances in our livingrooms when they get voted out. If the show was full of lovable characters, or all floaters, then Survivor would have never lastest more than 2-3 seasons.

Also note, Everyone who gets on the show has at least one serious personality flaws\weeknesses. When casting the show, the producers don't go out and only get successful people who have a high degree of self control. It if were, it would be like watching people play chess. Rarely would they say\do anything that might give away information about what they thinking or their plans. They'd all pretend to be great friends, never saying anything bad about anyone, and only back stab each other during tribel council. The entire show would be about the competitions and the vote because everything in between would be forced\faked friendships for 39 days. TRULY smart people would hold back their dislikes for others for 39 days to have a chance to win 1 million. Thus, when casting the show, they get people who easily get frustrated, are control freaks, have a short fuse, etc; basically can't keep their mouth shut for more than 24 hours when they are unhappy about anything.

Guest 6Borders

I DO NOT want to see Colton back...so he got robbed of the entire "Survivor experience" but stuff happens! His game is going to be the same and the next time around it will be predictable and even more annoying. It was funny once but (like other castaways) ONCE IS MORE THAN ENOUGH (hey Jeff, ya listening???).

He was a jerk but he brought entertainment to the cast. It is so boring now......:skellington:

Like, I think that you are a pudgy, wannabe southern rich kid (I don't believe the silver spoon bit for a second; silver mobile home, most likely. Maids? I think not, Colton) who nobody would spend a nanosecond around unless they were forced to (like, on an island somewhere trying to win money).

That said, the show was boring with Colton and boring without Colton. I miss Survivor. RI should have been a clue to us that all is not well. Maybe Grasping For Straws would have been the better name.

I agree with whomever in the theory that dislike is as strong a force as like when it comes to compelling television. I wish I could find someone to like on Survivor. This time; I surely do not.

Dear Jeff: I know that they make you do the filler at tribal council and I know that it is tiring for you to have to lead those people to partake of the conflict koolaid but really, let's get back to the old Survivor. Please. It worked for me.

he disgusted me more then any person ever to be on this show, sooooo wrong, I could not stand to listen to him, and I could not firgue out why they were drinking the cool aid.

on another note, one of the guys I work with has tried out for Survivor like 6 times, this time around he has gone really far in the process and I think he may get on this time, I will be thrilled for him and it will be sooo fun to watch. I will see him tomorrow at work and hopefully he will have the news I've been waiting to hear

Guest 6Borders

on another note, one of the guys I work with has tried out for Survivor like 6 times, this time around he has gone really far in the process and I think he may get on this time, I will be thrilled for him and it will be sooo fun to watch. I will see him tomorrow at work and hopefully he will have the news I've been waiting to hear

Will he be able to tell you he made it and you will be able to tell us who it is????

yes, he is waiting and should know in the next few days, it has been a really long process, he has had like 4 interviews, has had to trvel for all of them, and I just get the feeling if he wasn't goin to get on this time they would already have told him no, so I saw him at work yesterday, and I told him to text me the minute he finds out, and when I do find out I will tell you who he is and really he would be great on this show and I will be rootin for him all the way, he is funny and knows how to deal with ppl, nice lookin, he even got to talk to Jeff on the phone for a chat of sorts, I sooo hope he makes it. I will keep you posted

I know they are getting ready to start filming the new show even tho they are still airing this one,lol, so he has to find out very soon

Guest 6Borders

It would be nice not only to have someone to root for but someone who can really give us the "inside scoop" on how people are on Survivor vs. how they are in real life. I will be keeping paws crossed your friend makes the show...just hope they don't bring Colton back when he's on :closedeyes:

thanks, me and him have been prayin and on pins and needles for weeks now , I am sooo praying for him to make it on this time, I guarentee he would make it really fun, I'll let you all know for sure : )

he hated Colton as much as I do and both of us have said we think this is the worst ct of survivor there has ever been,lol, I think he would be able to mess with Colton however