Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

The Biggest Loser

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
Seems like the last sesason just got over.

Season 13 starts on Jan 3 at 8/7c on NBC.

Season 13 Contestants

(Looks like Santa is going to be in better shape next Christmas.)

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Watched the new season start last night. I am loving some Dolvett......Loved it when his rag-tag team beat Bob's team! Oh snap!!

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,818 posts

Watched the new season start last night. I am loving some Dolvett......Loved it when his rag-tag team beat Bob's team! Oh snap!!

I love it too. I use the expression oh snap all the time but when I used it here during BB season 8 I got a warning level.... go figure. I haven't been around Morty's too much because I hate looking at my warning level every time I post.

Dolvett is really HOT! :drool:

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
WOW.... I don't know if the show got new producers or what, but the show has become more REAL than it ever has been in the past. This season so far has been more focused more on what it REALLY takes to loose weight and how hard it is for those who are there. In past seasons it was obvious to me that the show was edited so practically all the conflict was removed and it almost seemed like they were, more-or-less, loosing weight while on vacation for 3 months, never really showing how hard it was. Sure there might have been a lot crying, but for the most part nothing REAL was shown to support the contant flow of tears. This season we get to see that people truly don't like each other all the much and some votes are very personal. I am sure this has been true in many of the past seasons, but the producers chose only to show a small bit of it of the real conflict & struggle, and even then tended to suggest it only lasted for few moments, then everybody were best freinds again. This season I get a much stronger sense that they are struggling on a daily basis and its not all the much fun most of the time.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
WOW.... Yet another episode filled with drama. Maybe a bit tame when compared to BB or Survivor, but for TBL, it was high drama. At the very end it looked like they had security waiting in the wings because they were afraid Adrian was going to totally loose it; he is such a big guy, he could have hurt someone one if he start swinging. The camera guys really did a good job of capturing his dazed look showing he wasn't processing what others had to say. Just could see him repeating in his his head "All of them are ploting against me"

With any reality show, its hard to know how much is truly real, and how much of TV reality is a result of editing scenes together to make the drama appear more dramatic than what actually occurred. IMHO, season after season, TBL producers tend to edit out most conflicts or make conflicts appear less intense than what occurred; this is very different than most reality shows who thrive and encourage conflict. In the past TBL always wanted to make sure the show more about making everyone appear likable and friendly, leaving the conflict between the individuals and their trainers. The trainers get the be the bad guys, but of course more like a wise\loving parent that sets fair rules and then pushes their kids to be the best they can be. This season, there has been more drama between the individuals than there ever has been in the past, and their personality flaws are shown.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
I was rooting for Adrian at first, because he and his sister did so well at home, but he didn't know when to shut his pie hole and that cost him. I hope his sister learned from that. She did SO well at home - beating Conda even with the 2 pound advantage she had. LOVED IT! I am not a Conda fan, at all!

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts
I think Conda is for me the worst Biggest Loser contestant ever on the show, she is a hater, a childish crybaby, a whiner, and a sh*t disturber, I hope she get taken down a peg or two before this is all over, I feel bad for Daphene, she just did not know the right way to switch things around to make it a better situation for the black team, and doing it for the personal reason she had was not good, I get it, but she did not make the right changes to help herself in what she did, her brother really could not shut up, it was crazy how he just wanted to rant, and I understood how upset he was but dang, zip it up sometimes,lol

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
^^I call that witch Anaconda.

This season has been by far the most confrontational season they have ever had. And personally, I think Adrian and Daphene were setup by producers. Not setup to fail, but put in a situation where there was high probability they would become extremely defensive and make bad decisions that hurt themselves more than hurting anyone else. Clearly when casting the show, the producers knew both were hot heads and would be clashing with other contestants no matter what, thus the producers chose them for the drama that they would bring. And when Adrian was voted out, it looked to me they had a beefed up security on the set just in case Adrian lost control and started throwing punches. We of course have no idea what got edited out, and I suspect we saw the cleaned up version. Pretty good chance Adrian ranted a lot longer, and said some really nasty things to everyone before leaving. It also looked that the others had been coached by producers to keep quiet if Adrian started ranting, which of course he did. Daphene pretty much shot herself in the foot too by not willing to be a team player, instead she wanted revenge, and she more-or-less went on a suicide mission in an effort to take out Anaconda. Even Bob, her only support, found her difficult to keep under control. Maybe his efforts kept her from simply walking out. I'm remain dumbfounded how they got her to show up for the vote. After the weigh in she knew she was going home, thus no point to continue. But chances are she was warned that if she walked out before the vote, she would be breaking her contract, and thus forfeiting a rather large sum of money; several thousand at the very least.

KyTallgirl

KyTallgirl

• Pip
  • 205 posts
I think this may possibly be the worst cast they've ever had on BL. I am finding it difficult to really cheer for any one of them. I kind of like the blonde girl who used to be a weight lifter...can't even remember her name.

I can't stand Conda and when she said she wanted to be a role model, I almost fell off my couch laughing. I can't wait until she gets the boot out the door...hopefully she doesn't make it to the finals!

I couldn't figure out why Kris would vote to keep Daphne, even though she promsied her she would never vote her off. Daphne didn't have a snowball's chance in hades of staying. Kris only put an even bigger target on herself than she already had. She was already low man on the totem pole and cries about it every week how she'll be the next one to go.

I just can't figure this bunch out. They haven't lost the amounts of weight that past seasons have either...not even the bigger men. FINALLY this week Buddy had a good double digit weight loss.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
^^...Maybe the worst cast ever, hard to say because the producers may have decided to make the show more edgy by including more conflict. In past seasons the show has been edited to keep it more positive, and the conflicted between players was either edited out completely, or edited to be less dramatic. Previous seasons nearly all the players were shown to be good friends and very supportive of each other; I highly suspect there was far more personality conflicts that we ever got to see, and plus living with strangers for 3-4 months, even those who like each other are going start to get annoyed by personal bad habits, such as guys farting in public areas, snoring loud a night, retelling of the same stories they told the day before, control freaks that demand that even small things be done a very specific way, etc, etc. all of that is edited out. In the past there has has been a few people thrown off the show for cheating and\or rules violations, but even those incidents were edited to make it seem they just went home for emergency reasons. Cheating? you may wonder, how could they cheat? Example of cheating: Resorting to binge and barfing, would be cheating; the players are not allowed to use unhealthy methods as a means to loose weight, nor are they allowed to to use any drugs not supervised by the ranch doctor.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,818 posts
My favorite player this season -

Chism at home

KyTallgirl

KyTallgirl

• Pip
  • 205 posts
All the contestants looked great after their makeovers this week. A little hair color did wonders for Chris! Kim looked gorgeous....a size 6, WOW!!!

Conda looked okay too, but I still can't stand her. I hope her 1-pound disadvantage helps send her packing next week!!!

Fatcat

Fatcat

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,950 posts
still cannot stand Conda, and tonight when 2 of them walked out, I thought it was ridiculous and soooo ungrateful versus what they walked for, because someone might take away their chance at the money???? his has been the worst bunch of all the seasons, selfish, one sided, and then tonight when Conda threw a fit when her brother did not come out on top , she disse d on Kim and that was again showing her true colors, and I was thrilled that Kim won that suv, you go Kim, I cant even think of the names of the 2 who walked, Danny? but it was the other one , Chisms dad that disgusted me the most, some example to his son, I thought it was soooo stupid on their part, it is about losing the weight and if you are lucky enough to win in the end, great, it is about giving back, and those two grown men acted like whiney little babies

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Anyone else watching this season? It's makeover week!!!! Danni is my favorite!! She has defied the odds to still be there!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users