Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Bachelor- Ben Flajnik

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
This is too funny (not laughing at her), its evidence to my casting forumula; they stack each season with individuals who are only there to be eliminated (zero chance to win). There are no more than 4 singles that have a chance. They all may beleive they have a chance, but most likely several understand they were chosen to create drama\shock (like this middle age woman), and the producers will protect them for a while, but ultimately they will be sent packing. http://www.zap2it.co...allery?index=25 Posted Image

itsnotbb9

itsnotbb9

• Pip
  • 1,087 posts
I think I read that she is just someone's Mom or Grandma and she gets out of the car to introduce them or something. I don't think she's an actual contestant on the show.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Season Premiere is Jan 2 at 8/7c on ABC

No info on the girls yet but there should be some soon....

Bios

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,250 posts
I don't think the Bachelor franchise will go the route of incorporating the token 'mature adult'!!!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Who are the real 4 girls Ben is evaluating, and who are just there to provide drama?

Well we know for sure its not going to be Monica (The Bitch) and Jenna (Bi-polar wacko) because they were cast on the show to have a series of cat fights that surely will last for half the season.

Also, the girl who got the First Impression Rose is goner too. They should call it a "Friendship rose", or the "First Rose of Death", because by design the first immpression rose is given to someone who will be sent home sometime after the halfway point. The first rose is like the Immunity Idol on Suvivor, except on The Bachelor it gives the girl two things, safety until the half way point, but also kiss of death. The first impression rose really means on the very first day the Bachelor has made the decision she is going home; he thinks she a nice person keep around as a for being a nice person\friend, but not a girl he feels any attraction. Only he and the producers know this about the first rose, the girls do not.

Here are a few key things to keep in mind when watching The Bachelor:

• The person who gets the very last Rose at the end of each episode is really getting the "Rose of Death" or kiss of death just like in Godfather, that person is going home in a future episode; dead woman walking.
  • The Bachelor does not select who is sent home, except when he selects the winner (thus, the other girl gets the option to be next Bachelorette). How the show really works is that he basically discusses with the producers which girls he is not attacted to, and the producers decide who goes home based on what the producers feel makes for good TV (drama). Some girls stick around for a long time because they created drama (ie cat fights), not because the Bachelor wants to kept them, he might even prefer a few go home in a very different order. Truely, when they start filming there are really only about 4 girls who the bachelor feels any attraction and he knows it pretty much the first couple of days of shooting. The rest he may like on a personal level, but would never ask them out on a romantic date. Friends maybe, but no romance. And the flip side is just as true, many of the girls don't feel a romantic connection either, but they want to stick around as long a possible for the fame, money, and hopes their antics get them on other reality shows like Bachelor Pad. Just take a look at all wackos on bachelor Pad, do you really think any of them are looking to find true love, or simply want to be a reality TV star, same is true for all of them when trhey first appeared on The Bachelor\Bachelorette.
  • Some 1:1 dates aren't true dates, they are kind of fake dates; you can tell because the date lacks the romantic music and high production values $$$$, these dates tend to be fun and funny, more like two friends having a good time rather a couple falling in love; such fake dates are never seriously romantic; holding hands but not much than that. The bachelor & the producers know that he is not seriously interested in the girl, the date is created for the purpose of having stuff\variety to show on TV show, even if the relationship will never progress further than friends. And of course, a couple of the fake dates are just major bombs, with funky\clunky music, a lot of awkward moments, wierd facial expressions, really stupid things a person never should say on a date, etc.
  • All filming is completed before they edit the footage into episodes, thus the girl the bachelor select is known and each episode is carefully edited not to reveal too much. But... There are ways to identify the potential winner because she's never ever is shown with any serious personality flaws nor too extreme one way or another. She's not shown as bitchy, or a schemer, or involved in all the cat fight drama. However, there was one exception that has happened in the past, where Jake chose Vienna not because he wanted to marry her, but because he didn't want to marry any of the girls; she was his escape clause. Someone like him, who was into it for the fame\money\etc; basically they used each other to get what they both wanted, and didn't want. And they didn't want love. That entire season was a total scam from the start. Gay boy Jake likes sleeping with guys, not girls, so no way in hell is going to marry one. But wouldn't it a be a total hoot to have Jake come back, but next time have it be a gay version, Jake tries to find love among a bunch of flaming gay hunks.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Tonight we should see some good cats fights and backstabing along with a few tender moments on a romantic date.

Just a reminder, the girl who gets the last rose of the evening is really getting "The Rose of death". The last rose really means he had decided truly interested in her, but the producers want to keep her around a while longer whatever entertainment value she brings the show.

wickedclownoj

wickedclownoj

• Pip
  • 751 posts
now that was a curveball last night

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

now that was a curveball last night

When they pull stunts like this it just makes me laugh. It was a complete setup where the producers knew in advance that what-her-name wasn't going to get a rose. They knew Ben wouldn't give her one simply because he wasn't really into her. Its likely he talked to several former Bachelor women as part of plan to possibility of bring one on the show, and of the women he did talk to on the phone, he told producers he found her nice, but not his type, thus they brought her on as a surprise to evoke drama, but to send her right home. And of course it makes Ben look good for not keeping her.

Part of what these stunts are about is to 1) provide drama among the women who are there to add drama, and 2) get a honest reaction from the 4 women who Ben is dating; do they handle it with maturity and honesty, or does 1-2 of them crack under the pressure. Basically the idea of these stunts is expose any personality flaws in the 4 woman so Ben can see their true colors, and not have to wait until after the show is done filming to find out the girl he selected is really a pychopath...lol

wickedclownoj

wickedclownoj

• Pip
  • 751 posts
so who are the 4 he is really into?

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

so who are the 4 he is really into?

Kacie B is one of the 4.

What is easier to determine is who isn't one of the 4.

• Any of the women who have in the past\future received the final rose during the rose cermony. The final rose is "The Rose of Death" any the woman who gets the final rose will be going home within the next two episodes.
  • Courney. She was included this season to be "The Bitch" that creates drama. IMHO, "The Bitch" is hired by the producers to cause drama. They likely give her specific things to do that will cause drama among the woman. Ben is aware who she is and what she is there to do.
  • Blakely. Already had one or more on prime time pyshco moments\breadowns. The final two women never is show poorly. She is going home before the final 4.
  • Cacey S. Not sure excactly what here role is, but she not there as serious love interest for Ben.
  • Alyse. She is the backup bitch. Here role is be there to create drama so that Courtney is not the sole hate woman in the house.
  • Emily. She got this evening Final rose, which as I have explained, it the Rose of Death. She will gone during the next 1-2 episodes.
  • Rachel Her date with Ben barely got her a rose, and which means she is likely to be around for a few more episodes, but nothing seriously remantic is going to heat up with here. They don't click.
  • Lindzi C. She seems decent and real, but sadly she got the "First Impression Rose" which really is a "Friendship Rose". She seem to be a nice emotionally stable woman, but not a woman Ben would date seriously.
So that leaves possible real woman of:

Jamie
Nicki
Jennifer

And in reality, Ben may decide very quickly which single woman he wants to continue dating after the show has concluded, but for the purposes of the show, he needs to continue to go on dates with other woman during filming simply so they have enough footage to create 16 episodes.

Another thing to speculate on is who is being setup to be the next Bachelorette. My current frontrunner to be either win Ben's heart or be the next Bachellorette is Kacie B.

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,811 posts
Good news for Canadians!
Source:
http://www.thestar.c...comes-to-citytv

Canadian version of The Bachelor comes to Citytv

Wanted: a sincere, confident man who’s looking for love. Must have great abs.

So says Chris Harrison, host of the popular reality dating series The Bachelor, who was in Toronto on Monday to launch a casting call for the Canadian version of the show.

Well, the abs part was a bit tongue in cheek, but Harrison said in an interview the fellow has to be attractive. “It’s a visual medium, on television, (so it needs) a good-looking guy.”

And he’s dead serious about the sincere part. “I know that’s kind of a Bachelor cliché, but he really has to come into this with good intentions of finding love, hoping to find love,” Harrison said.

Rogers Media and Force Four Entertainment, which is based in Vancouver, are teaming up for a nine-episode season of The Bachelor Canada.

It’s scheduled to air in the fall on Citytv.

Lots of questions remain. Besides the identity of the Bachelor and the 25 bachelorettes who will vie for his affection, the production team is still searching for a suitable place to serve as a home base for the contestants.

On the U.S. series, now airing on ABC and OMNI Television on Mondays at 8 p.m., contestants spend part of their time in a six-bedroom, nine-bathroom, 8,000-square-foot home in Agoura Hills, Calif., 48 kilometres outside of Los Angeles. (That house is reportedly now up for lease since future seasons of the show will shift to the bachelors’ hometowns.)

Claire Freeland, director of original programming for Rogers Media, joked that the Canadian producers haven’t found a home with a large enough hot tub yet.

After all, the Bachelor needs a place to show off the abs.

Sean DeVries of Force Four, the supervising producer on The Bachelor Canada, said the show will likely involve some international travel, given that shooting is expected to start in the spring when Canada isn’t at its warmest. The U.S. Bachelor, now in its 16th season, often flies its cast to exotic locations such as Saint Lucia and Fiji.

The homegrown series will definitely show off Canada, DeVries added.

“Who knows where our Canadian Bachelor’s gonna take us?” said DeVries. “We have no idea, and I think that’s exciting and will help it be unique.”

Producers won’t mess with the series format, in which the Bachelor narrows a pool of 25 contestants down to two finalists with weekly dates: one-on-one, two-on-one and group dates. Women chosen to continue on the show are asked to accept red roses from the Bachelor. Some of the flowers are given out on dates and some in a “rose ceremony” at the end of each episode.

“They’ve done it so well in the States and let’s not tinker with something just for the sake of tinkering,” said DeVries, who describes himself as a superfan of the show. “I mean Canadians love this show and therefore I think what you showcase (is) a Canadian cast with a Canadian Bachelor.”

For the moment, the search for that man is taking a back seat to the search for the 25 bachelorettes.

Interested women can go to www.Citytv.com/BachelorCanada to apply. They must be at least 19, a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada, have a clean criminal record and be willing to be audio and videotaped 24/7, among other things.

When asked if the chosen women would represent the ethnic diversity of Canada, Freeland said, “Our first priority is to find the best bachelorettes in the country, and without question that includes people with a diversity of backgrounds.”

Harrison said it’s important to have a dynamic cast: people from small towns, big cities and everything in between.

“You’re gonna have 25 women from all across this country and when they get together and they’re all fighting for that one guy, you’re gonna have that drama.”

It’s also important to seek women who are sincere about looking for love, Harrison said, but he added that, “There will not be 25 people there just to find love.

“Now it’s the Bachelor’s job (to figure it out). Is this smokin’ hot woman standing in front of me in a bikini, is she a girl I really want to marry or is she just using me because I’m famous or I’m rich or I’m whatever?”

Harrison said Canadians have been such loyal fans of the American Bachelor franchise (which also includes spinoffs The Bachelorette and Bachelor Pad) that they deserve a series of their own.

He’s also glad Citytv will continue airing the U.S. version.

“Canada’s been such a huge part of our family,” said Harrison, noting that Canadians have starred on The Bachelor and The Bachelorette (Jesse Palmer and Jillian Harris, respectively) and been memorable parts of other seasons.

“I know we’re obviously American-based and ABC, but the fans up here and the popularity of our show for the last decade has been amazing.”

The bad news for fans of Harrison is that he won’t be hosting the Canadian series: he’s far too busy, plus the producers want a Canadian host.

But Harrison hopes that person cares about the show as much as he does.

“I realize what I’m dealing with, that’s people’s hearts and I know that’s kind of cheesy, but that’s a delicate thing . . . and I do my best to guide them through it as gently as I can.”

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,811 posts
Good news for fans of Emily.
Source:
http://blog.zap2it.c...t - Television)

It's official, "Bachelorette" fans. Emily Maynard, the girl who won Brad's heart during the last season of "The Bachelor," is going to be looking for a new love this summer on "The Bachelorette."

ABC says in a press release:

Emily Maynard, the beautiful, sweet, young mom who captured America's and Brad Womack's heart on the 15th season of "The Bachelor," finally thought she had her happy ending. She accepted Brad's proposal and was looking forward to walking down the aisle. Unfortunately her relationship with Brad ended, along with her dream of moving to Austin with her daughter, Ricki, and starting a family. But Emily is ready for her luck to change and to bring her the love she so richly deserves. It's hard to meet men as a single mom, but Emily will have her pick of 25 bachelors when she gets a second opportunity to find love starring in the eighth edition of "The Bachelorette" when it premieres this spring on the ABC Television Network.

Emily, 25, led a tragic but fulfilling life before meeting Brad. In 2004 she became engaged to famed NASCAR driver and team owner Ricky Hendrick. Sadly Hendrick died in a plane crash in October, 2004, leaving his fiancée pregnant with their child. The apple of Emily's eye and legacy of their love, Josephine Riddick "Ricki" Hendrick was born June 29, 2005.

Instantly popular with "Bachelor" fans, Emily's strength, passion and southern charm - as a mother and as a woman - would make anyone happy to make her his wife. She found love again with Brad and, even though it didn't work out, she knows that the series can work. Among those 25 men, she is looking for someone who makes her laugh, doesn't take himself too seriously and can be her best friend. Emily is hoping that the third time is the charm.

Emily feels incredibly grateful to have found her first love when she was very young, and despite not having dated a lot, knows what it's like to be truly in love. In the past seven years, she has been looking for someone with the same spark she has for life, and she believes that she will find her soul mate on 'The Bachelorette.'

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
^^ I was surprised the Brad picked Emily they seemed awkward together throughout the season, it was like he was dating his sister or something strange like that. It was my perception at the time she was on the show for the primary purpose to be the next Bachelorette.

wickedclownoj

wickedclownoj

• Pip
  • 751 posts
sweet i liked her.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Been reading various rumors about this season, and one of them is stating that Ben's final decision is very controversal, something that many, if not most, viewers will not like ....Hmmm, we shall see. Rumors however are generally 98% BS, and 2% fact.

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,189 posts
I hope he picks Kacie B. She carries herself well and genuinely seems interested in him as he does in her.

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
I had to pop into Morty's to comment on The Bachelor.

For the last several seasons I catch the show periodically...when I have time and the stomach to sit thru this hot mess of series.

When exactly did it jump the shark from being a Cinderella fantasy type show to becoming a reality based Fatal Attraction.

This is just sad. I can't say that I did not sleep with someone after a few dates (when I was dating).... But it certainly wasn't in an attempt to "win" him over a bunch of other girls. Would I do it for a million dollars, maybe? But that is not the premise of the show. This is just wrong and the squishy, gooey romance is so far gone that we are left with a prime time show that is just too cringeworthy for me to like.

To me this show should not be about how people get air time for playing others like fools or playing this like a game to win.

Or, maybe I should just give up that there can be feel good shows and start hoping for mass firings on Undercover Boss or giggling with glee as Ty Pennington pushes down on a TNT plunger just after saying "move that bus" in front of a destitute family.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts

I had to pop into Morty's to comment on The Bachelor.

For the last several seasons I catch the show periodically...when I have time and the stomach to sit thru this hot mess of series.

When exactly did it jump the shark from being a Cinderella fantasy type show to becoming a reality based Fatal Attraction.

This is just sad. I can't say that I did not sleep with someone after a few dates (when I was dating).... But it certainly wasn't in an attempt to "win" him over a bunch of other girls. Would I do it for a million dollars, maybe? But that is not the premise of the show. This is just wrong and the squishy, gooey romance is so far gone that we are left with a prime time show that is just too cringeworthy for me to like.

To me this show should not be about how people get air time for playing others like fools or playing this like a game to win.

Or, maybe I should just give up that there can be feel good shows and start hoping for mass firings on Undercover Boss or giggling with glee as Ty Pennington pushes down on a TNT plunger just after saying "move that bus" in front of a destitute family.

Indeed the show is a bunch of smoke an mirrors, and no one should take it seriously. It has changed significantly since the first couple of seasons. If you want some insight to how the show now works, check out some my posts in this thread that goes into some of the details. Basically, only a handful of the women have have a chance, the rest are specifically cast because they have personality flaws that will 1) create drama\ratings, and 2) Give the bachelor reason to send them home. From the very start there are maybe 4-6 women who the Bachelor is considering, and the rest are there simply for the drama they will bring to the show. Overall, realistically it is completely absurd for one guy to have to sort through 25 woman to hoping to find the love of his life. There's a lot stuff we never see, and we don't see it because if we knew how the show really worked, it be obvious that very little of what we see is "Reality".

As for Courtney, (the Bitch), without a doubt in my mind, she hired by the producers to stir things up, and have fake scenes with the Bachelor, all of which are created by the producers. She a lot of secret moments with the Bachelor, which are filmed later to give the false impression she does a bunch of crap behind the back of the other women.

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Episode Jan, 30th 2012 (Poerto Rico)

Skinny Dipping BS: Here is a basic secret rule about how The Bachelor reality game is played: "No unauthorized contact may occur with the Bachelor (Ben), all contact must be coordinated with producers in advance. Failure to coordinate with producers will result in elimination from the production and is considered a breach of contract"..... So when we see a skinny dippy scene, its either authorized by the producers, or a scene created by the producers. IMHO, the scene was created by the producers to be inserted into show for dramatic effect. No doubt in my mind Courtney has been hired to do BS like Skinny dipping, and its a good chance the scene was shot out of sequence (before\after the main filming) and never happened on the beach there Puerto Rico. If it had actually happened as we are lead to believe, and other women found out, 1) some women would request to be allowed to do similar extreme acts (ie dance topless, give him a BJ, etc), 2) other women would say "If that is the type of guy Ben is, and I need to strip naked for cameras too, then send me home ASAP, I'm not here to get a spread in Playboy". Too much of a risk to do any of this kind of crap during the main filming, so it was created before or after.

Emily: OK, she gets her second consecutive final rose; the rose of death. My general thinking is she may also be hired by the producers to be part of a tag team with Courtney, that way they can play off each other, create a lot of drama between themselves that is approved by the producers. Her role is mostly to play the good girl opposite Courtney bad girl. Anyway, right\wrong, she's only there to help create drama, not really as a love interest.

Who goes home, and when: I've stated it before, and I stating it again: The producers decide the order of who goes home, and under what circumstances. This week Elyse gets a one-on-one date, and doesn't get a rose, so she sent home immediately. The producers made this decision, not Ben. Some days\weeks prior to their one-on-one date, Ben made it clear to the producers that he wasn't interested in her, so the producers then planned her exit, and this case they decided she was to be sent home during a date. Why did they choose her? I have no idea. She was a bit unlikeable, so maybe she just seemed like the best person to get rejected that way; a woman that audience could care less about.

Kacie B: The clear front runner. As far a I see it, she guaranteed a home town date. So far out in front its hard to see how Ben might be seriously interested in any of the other women. Could Ben have made his final choice very early (week 1-2) and the remaining time was simply a process to send the other women home and film their drama? I guess we shall see. At the moment, I'm not seeing any of the other women getting the same level of positive spot light as Kacie B. There are a few that remain that are clearly likable women (Linzi, Nicki, Jamie), but they remain in the background too much. If Ben was undecided and liked 2-3 more-or-less equally, then they would get more air time, and their good qualities highlighted.

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
Imo...

1) Ben isn't/wasn't ready to find love or knew that with the group of girls provided he didn't see a potential wife.

2) Producers knew about Ben and the Bachelorette from the other season before the season started. I'm sure they knew all about the conversations they've been having and the time or two that they met up. Producers thought it would be a great twist if he wasn't really feeling it for anyone else, to bring her into the mix. The plan was for her to stay and that Ben WANTED her to stay.

3) Unfortunately, big backfire with the other girls still there and so, Ben's chance at finding love had to be thwarted for the sake of the show.

4) Ben picks Courtney at the end. Where he will once again have his heart broken (not really) when he asks her to marry him and she says no. I just wanted to win the competition... I just wanted to become a reality star... I just wanted to get an offer from Playboy... I just wanted to be the 1st Bachelorette to turn down the final rose.

5) This franchise has jumped the shark and it started last season and continues this season by having the "star" humiliated week after a week.

6) Kacie B will be a future Bachelorette.

Btw... I'm embarrassed that I actually watch this ridiculous show.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users