Sign in to follow this  
salter-path

Next Survivor may be in Peru: Survivor Andes

The Survivor may be in Peru; Palau president says Survivor "worked wonders."

Andy Dehnert

The next season of Survivor will be set in the in Peru. Dan Bollinger's Survivor Maps says that "Multiple reports put the" production there for what might be called Survivor Andes. The site also reports that producers' "first choice, somewhere in the Indian Ocean, was canceled following the devastating tsunami."

The location for Survivor's 10th season, has been receiving a lot of attention because of the show. Palau previously just seemed like a misspelling of the show's first location, but now, according to KUAM, "the number of people visiting the government's web site has jumped from only a few thousand hits to at much as 3,000,000 a month" since the show started airing. Palau's president, Tommy Remengesau, says "we're now getting tourists to Palau simply because they watched Survivor. But I think the exposure has certainly worked wonders for Palau."

Guest Anonymous

I'd really like to see them try a Survivor in northern Canada -- I think that would really test peoples skills. Then again, from what I've seen of the people who go on Survivor, not one of them would be able to make it.

I agree with you Spooky, but I think they will never go where you have to put clothing on! For me it is about the people, for others it seems it may be about how little they wear!

Exactly Ranster!! Unfortunately they will never go anywhere where bikinis are not an option. That speaks volumes on how little they think of our society..as if we wouldn't watch if the 'beautiful people' were bundled up in Parkas...whatever :roll:

I think Peru would give US the viewers a nice change of scenery, all of these tropical islands are starting to look the same. It should also change the challenges....hasnt everyone this season been a water challenge in one way or another?

Guest cappy

Heres also what Ive heard:

Survivor: Poland

Survivor: Canada

And amazingly Survivor: Boston

I read an article on Survivor Boston too, but it turned out to be an April Fool's Joke

'Survivor' coming to Boston

The CBS reality show will host its first-ever urban series in the fall

By Boston.com

They cuold never do a Survivor in a cold weather climate, not becuase of the clothing factor but becuase it's way harder to find food to eat. I was lmao when I read the april fools joke!! Wicked funny.

I think the Andes will be nice - even though I picture the Andes like the movie Alive - all snowy? But they'd probably be at the base of the mountains, like where the guys came out and it was grass and a river? Hmmm.... must go check up on Andes and surrounding geography!

Guest Anonymous

They could do a northern Survivor in the summer. Food is plentiful - berries, fish, wild veggies. North America is abundant in wild foods. Even in the winter although its harder to find.

Guest XandraSkye
I think Survivor in a non-beach locale would be cool as long as it's not as boring as Africa.

Guest Anonymous

I think they need to make some changes to Survivor. I'd like to see one large tribe maybe instead of two smaller ones. Give them challenges that involve something like a treaure hunt -- something that'll take them longer than a few hours to do. I don't know -- just mix it up a bit more. We've seen 10 series that have gone basically the same way, and I still love the show -- but I'm ready for something new.

Guest XandraSkye

Sorry. I'm finding myself funnier than usual today because I'm only running on a quarter tank. Didn't get much sleep last night. :wink:

Survivor: Amityville Horror House

It wil be very interesting to see how the next season is handled, given the location. It was said that they would live among the ruins, those ruins are so protected, I'm a little surprised.

Guest ranster627

that ran through my mind too, I respect our artifacts and history ... given how messy camps get, I don't think I will like that ...

Guest ranster627

perfect spelling ... so much for the Peru speculation we had though!

Peru would be cool to have have it in the mountains...with that altitude, physical challenges would be a chore.

The bugs are going to eat them alive in the rainforest. When we were there for just one day people came out looking diseased.

It'll be like the Amazon all over again.

Guest ranster627

perish the thought ... I want new and exciting!

Guest ranster627

ya, sure, they can all stay at my place ...

I like exotic and different ... not in my backyard ... not sure where that it, but some of Russia is gorgeous!