Dutch BB: Watch Free online, Pregnant HM to give birth

Brekkie Boy

ap_100.jpg

Tanja Gives Birth With TV Cameras Rolling

tanja_preggers.jpg

Dutch's 'Big Brother' Tanja

The cameras were whirring when Tanja gave birth Tuesday, October 11 to a healthy daughter in footage that the new mother hopes will boost her chances to win the $477,480 prize on the Dutch reality program "Big Brother." The birth of Joscelyn Savanna will be shown on the Tuesday, October 18 episode according to ground rules set in talks between the producers and the Social Affairs Ministry for the baby's participation in the program.

"It will not show any explicit scenes," said Stephanie Dekker, spokeswoman of the Talpa network, noting that medical and educational TV programs have shown more graphic footage of births. "It will mostly show what Tanja says during the birth." Still, the live birth on entertainment TV is the latest event to stretch the limits for prime-time Dutch viewers.

On Monday, October 10 another network showed footage of their reporter snorting cocaine and then being interviewed about the experience in a talk-show format. The experimental television drew complaints from the conservative Dutch government. Justice Minister Piet Hein Donner called the televised taking of drugs "undesirable," though there was no indication any action would be taken.

tanja_face.jpg

'Big Brother's' Tanja

Authorities have told the "Big Brother" producers that Joscelyn may be on air for no more than eight hours for the duration of the show, which runs daily and ends December 22. She must stay in a room where cameras are not allowed, and where her mother and grandparents can visit in private. Nurses working under the government health scheme would make routine visits to check the newborn and her mother, also off-camera, Dekker said.

"Big Brother" was created in the Netherlands in 1999 and then marketed in dozens of countries. The reality show features a group of contestants confined in a house for 100 days under constant camera surveillance. In it's early days, "Big Brother" attracted millions of viewers who could vote to allow participants to stay or be ejected. Now viewable 24-hours a day on the Internet, it has been copied around the world in countless formats.

Tanja, has been sequestered at "Big Brother House" since the show began August 28. She is one of nine people remaining after viewers voted three off the program. Last names are not used on the program, and viewers are told only that Tanja is 27, lives in the northern town of Groningen, aspires to study law and became pregnant by accident.

The Talpa network's Web site says she is tied for second in popularity, but lags well behind Joost, a 21-year-old bank employee. Talpa is the latest creation of media tycoon John de Mol, the architect of the original "Big Brother," which ushered in the age of reality television shows.

Busy day for me yesterday..... didn't even tune them in.

Just took a quick peek and ... didn't see signs of a baby....

Some of them are still knitting, one girl's doing a loooong scarf, guys just fooling around.

(no signs of anyone knitting baby booties <_< )

UPI News Service, 10/18/2005

A Dutch contestant on the Netherlands's version of "Big Brother" gave birth during the reality TV show Tuesday. Tanja delivered a healthy daughter with the cameras running, but government officials must still decide whether the tape can be aired on national TV, Sky News reported.

A Talpa Network spokeswoman said if the footage is approved, it will be less graphic than scenes shown during medical and education TV programs. The government has already set strict guidelines for the infant locked in the "Big Brother" house.

The baby will live in the house's only camera-free room with her grandparents, will have visits from her mother, and can only appear on TV for a maximum eight hours from birth through the Dec. 22 finale.

They haven't shown anything yet.... so I heard.

The 'powers to be' are still trying to decide what and if they will show anything.

(and I'm with you Blah.... what are these women thinking ?)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't watch nearly as much as I use to. It gets a bit hard with the language barrier. I actually like the Russian Feeds better but I can't seem to find a connection to them these days.

When I peeked in the other day, it was like 12:30am and half of the HMs were locked up in a room, surrounded by beans of different sorts. They were separating them by color. Go figure.

I saw that she no longer looked PG. Gathering she had her baby and I missed it. I read online somewhere that they would not film the birth and the baby would only stay in the house for 8 days after birth. They would show baby once a day for an hour. That one of the Grandmothers would tend to the baby. Off camera.

What have you seen????

Ivette would probably volunteer to be the first over here if she could get a sperm donation from Crappy.

Yea baby!

You just know her and 'Tushie' would love to raise a child with that Crappy DNA in it! Ohh! All that Crappy goodness! I can hear her rubbing herself now while dreaming of that gleaming bald head!

In fact, Tush better watch out - she should probably be jealous! B)

Quote from The Register:

"The woman who gave birth in the Dutch Big Brother house has walked out of the show after branding housemates "childish, talkative and manipulative", the BBC reports. "I want to enjoy maternity, not feel annoyance," Tanja told Dutch paper De Telegraaf, admitting: "I'll be happy when I am amongst normal people again."

The catalyst for the shock exit of Tanja and baby Joscelyn Savanna was apparently housemates' taunts about smoking and their jibes that "she had smoked so much during her pregnancy that the baby would end up breast-feeding on tar"."

Besides this bit of news.... the only other interesting thing I've seen when I pop in there once in a while is ---

They must have lost a food challenge - for a few days they had this stack of cans with no labels in the kitchen... and it looked like they had to use them for (or with) their meals each day - - no matter what they were.

You'd see them pick them up a shake them and talk and talk and talk before they'd finally open up a few.

That's all I've seen. Haven't been checking them much lately.

Quote from The Register:

"The woman who gave birth in the Dutch Big Brother house has walked out of the show after branding housemates "childish, talkative and manipulative", the BBC reports. "I want to enjoy maternity, not feel annoyance," Tanja told Dutch paper De Telegraaf, admitting: "I'll be happy when I am amongst normal people again."

The catalyst for the shock exit of Tanja and baby Joscelyn Savanna was apparently housemates' taunts about smoking and their jibes that "she had smoked so much during her pregnancy that the baby would end up breast-feeding on tar"."

Besides this bit of news.... the only other interesting thing I've seen when I pop in there once in a while is ---

They must have lost a food challenge - for a few days they had this stack of cans with no labels in the kitchen... and it looked like they had to use them for (or with) their meals each day - - no matter what they were.

You'd see them pick them up a shake them and talk and talk and talk before they'd finally open up a few.

That's all I've seen. Haven't been checking them much lately.

'Breast feeding on tar?' You gotta love that! Nice to see America doesn;t have the corner on rude HGs!

:lol:

At the moment they have microphones and they're singing. (the girls are pretty good.... so far) They seem to sing a lot in English.

I have NO idea what's going on..... but wine is involved.

http://www.talpa.tv/big-brother/live_camera1.html

Did anyone tune in the other nite when they were having a party ?

They got pretty well lit up and were giving each other lap dances, etc.

(I just happened to check on them yesterday when the guy with blonde (shaggy-ish) hair was getting out of the Hot Tub. I hadn't noticed before... but he has an artificial leg from the knee down. - - - Sure didn't keep him from dancing up a storm the other nite ;) )

Well... gotta go to work... ta ta

• 2 weeks later...

Just in case I'm NOT the only one who checks these HG's out every once in awhile....

at the moment they're ..... well..... it's hard to explain

http://www.talpa.tv/big-brother/live_camera2.html

Well.... if anybody clicked to see what was going on ... about 3 mins. later - - the camera was just on a couple of people

napping in the LR.....

(sorry about that)

Archived