Sign in to follow this  
Slowpoke

Tom Westman

I would like to see Ian win. He's been a favorite of mine since the beginning and hasn't pissed me off for any reason.

And since I didn't have to smell him - that's just a plus!!!

:wink:

Guest half-pint
I enjoyed very much seeing Tom lose.  You could tell he was none too happy about it.  :twisted: 

Steph was right.  Now the backstabbing will really begin.  :o  :D  :D 

I think Gregg will be next and then it will be the Can-Do-(except once)Man.

:wink:

I am with ya on this one girl... I can't wait to see it play out....

Guest Tigress61

Gee, Tom is a fireman??

How many *#%@*%$~ times do we have to hear that?

ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!!

15_4_127.gif

Wow! I guess I'd rather hear that he was a fireman than hear that someone was a limelight grabbing 20 something, ex-contractor, ex-hockey player, money grabbing liar and cheat with a cute smile. Tom's done something with his life to earn him the place he is today.

Guest XandraSkye
I guess I'd rather hear that he was a fireman than hear that someone was a limelight grabbing 20 something, ex-contractor, ex-hockey player, money grabbing liar and cheat with a cute smile.

Diva: referring to anyone in particular?

Was annoyed with Tom for a while there but I'm back on the Tom band wagon again. Just came in here to see what ppl are saying about him.

I'm starting to feel a little sorry for him, he and Ian both seem like really nice guys. But poor Tom has painted such a big target on his own chest. I just hope he can outwit.

diva, IMHO i think he's stirred up the masses enough now that the target has been moved from him a bit. he'll survive till the end. this time the worthy one might win it!

Guest XandraSkye
this time the worthy one might win it!

I'll second that. If either him or Ian win then someone worthy won the game.

LIVE With Regis and Kelly

TUESDAY, MAY 17, 2005

The newest millionaire of the SURVIVOR series sits down with Regis and Kelly.

Guest ranster627

To me, TOM was the most predictable winner of any Survivor ...

palau_tomwestman.jpg

Guest ranster627

I love that thinking! :wink:

Guest ranster627

I don't disagree, but far too predictable for me!

As soon as Ulong ceased to exist.. the game was over. I did hold out for the upset but there were no smart players to pull one off. Tom had total command of the game which made it the most predictable.

Tom Westman Wins 'Survivor: Palau'

By DERRIK J. LANG, Associated Press Writer

capt.nytf10805160422.survivor_palau_fina

NEW YORK - At 41, New York City firefighter Tom Westman scorched his competition on "Survivor: Palau" to become the oldest winner of the competitive reality show. "I played with intensity," the gray-haired Westman told The Associated Press in an interview following his win Sunday at the Ed Sullivan Theater. "I didn't hold back and fly under the radar. I thought I might be able to do that, but they got the real Tom Westman out there."

In a season of "Survivor" firsts, Westman stuck to his day-one alliance with dolphin trainer Ian Rosenberger and advertising executive Katie Gallagher and led the Koror tribe to win every immunity challenge, a feat that's never happened in the past nine seasons of "Survivor."

"Somebody told me recently they stopped coloring their hair after I did so well on the challenges," Westman joked.

Westman, a father of three who lives in Sayville, N.Y., made no secret of his prowess, winning seven individual immunity challenges and staying out of hot water when it came time for players to vote each other off the island. He never received a vote against him. "When I saw how young the cast was, I thought, `This is gonna be perfect,'" Westman told the AP. "They're not going to know I'm a physical threat until it's too late for them. I didn't get to play that game. I played it hard. I played it as myself. While some people think that may not be too bright strategically, it did work out for me."

Westman is now $1 million richer and the owner of a new car. He said he plans to use the money toward college for his children and fixing up his house. "I'm going to take care of my family," he said. "We've now got that cushion that most middle-class families don't have. Everything is going to be a little easier, a little sweeter."

The finale wasn't sweet for the three losers. Nanny Jenn Lyon lost during a tiebreaker challenge after Westman learned Rosenberger planned to double-cross him. Then, Rosenberger gave up during the final endurance immunity challenge, insisting Westman take Gallagher to the final two in a show of respect. During the final tribal council, runner-up Gallagher was called "mean" and "lazy."

Following Westman's win, host Jeff Probst announced the next location and title for the eleventh edition of the reality show: "Survivor: Guatemala

They should have the final votes from CBS sometime today. They only showed the five last night, I'd like to see if Katie got anymore than one. :shock:

Guest ranster627

FROM TV GUIDE: Soap News

SURVIVOR STUD TURNS BOLD

How's this for some four-alarm soap dish: Tom Westman, the 41-year-old New York City firefighter who won Survivor: Palau, will scorch up The Bold and the Beautiful on August 10. Look for him to help rescue a distressed damsel along with Lorenzo Lamas, who plays L.A. firefighter Hector Ramirez on the CBS sudser. While they're taping their fiery scenes on B&B's set this week, Westman and Lamas will also make a public safety announcement about summertime water safety, after which feverish females may need to be hosed down.

OK - OK ..... flipping my calender

Aug. 10th - - Bold / Beautiful

Lamas and Westman, what more could you ask for :wink:

(never watch soaps, but I'll be tuning in)

Thanks Ranster

Cbs daytime really lkes reality tv cast members.First Jeff on Y&R, then Uchenna & Joyce on GL, and now Tom on BB.

I predicted Tom to win from the first episode. I cheered him on all the way through.

I don't know why other people didn't like him but who cares, Tom won!