Jordan - Week 10 Nominee - Evicted - Jury #6

CeCiMom

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why must everyone be expected to accept those who prefer the same sex?

Why must everyone be expected to not accept those who prefer the same sex?

One is no more right or wrong than the other.

Get over yourselves.

Someone believes a certain way and makes a comment about it. Big freakin deal. It doesn't make them a bad person.

"I dont like gays and I think they shouldn't teach children"

"Im gay and believe I should have the same rights as those who aren't"

"I dont like gays and I think they should not adopt"

"Im gay and I can be a better parent than a male/female couple"

WHO CARES? Just because of a person BELIEF'S doesn't make them mean, bad, arrogant, etc.

Show me a crime someone has done and we'll talk. Hurting your feelings isn't a crime.

Why must everyone be expected to accept those who prefer the same sex?

Why must everyone be expected to not accept those who prefer the same sex?

One is no more right or wrong than the other.

Get over yourselves.

Someone believes a certain way and makes a comment about it. Big freakin deal. It doesn't make them a bad person.

"I dont like gays and I think they shouldn't teach children"

"Im gay and believe I should have the same rights as those who aren't"

"I dont like gays and I think they should not adopt"

"Im gay and I can be a better parent than a male/female couple"

WHO CARES? Just because of a person BELIEF'S doesn't make them mean, bad, arrogant, etc.

Show me a crime someone has done and we'll talk. Hurting your feelings isn't a crime.

:hurray:

Jeff did as much say that. That is why the uproar over the comment. Anyone who loves the same sex are poeple to and should be treated as such. Apparently Jeff disagrees.

As much? So why say he said it? Like I said--he didn't--and your own post agrees!

Wow, who knew my four words would cause such turmoil? Not even intended for the way it was taken. Good grief(where is the *could have had a V8 emoticon*)? Such thin skinned people. Oy Vey! (Before you can read me you gotta

Learn how to see me, Free your mind and the rest will follow). If you want to change how people think, you have to first change the way you think or the circle just stays (closed).

But, this is the Jordan thread so let's get back to what it was "intended" for.

Aw I see. So because I am hurt by Jeff thinking I shouldn't be able to teach because I am gay, because he thinks I would molest a child, that makes me closed minded? Do you care to expand on that?

I did not see that you were "hurt." I don't think that anybody here would want that. I certainly don't. I am not even clear on exactly what Jeff said other than the remark re: Milne's work. I can only say to you that I don't think that Jeff would say anything to intentionally hurt anyone and if he would or did, then I am sorry for that. Anyway, please don't be hurt. Maybe we all need to be a little more careful.

Jordan. I miss her.

Aw I see. So because I am hurt by Jeff thinking I shouldn't be able to teach because I am gay, because he thinks I would molest a child, that makes me closed minded? Do you care to expand on that?

I have to wonder, does Jeff even know any gay people? If not he needs to be educated!

Ten years ago I would have probably said the same thing or at least agreed with Jeff. But in 2001 I became "obsessed" by a TV show called Queer as folk, made a lot of friends that educated me about how gay, transgendered people are in no way different than the person I look at in the mirror everyday.

It's just love people!!!

hmmm... thought posters had said about everything there was to say about Jeff's comment in his thread when he was still in the house.

Is everyone 'copy and pasting' from his closed thread somewhere in the Archives ?

But just wanted to comment, my circle of friends don't give a thought to anyone's

'sexuality' gay or straight.

AND I've refrained from commenting because I didn't actually see or hear

Jeff when the 'comment' was made (or try to look it up, sorry to say).

I decided (one way or the other) to take a deep breath and hope Jeff becomes more educated about the issue.

N O W .... could we get back to talking about Jordon before they stick her thread in the Archives ????

I hope she's enjoying her week with Jeff in the Jury House

Neb that is the most ridiculous thing I have heard , I did not hear Jeff say that and certainly not you in particular, I heard him say that the author would not make the headmaster in a children's book gay, that is all he said, he did not say that gay teachers should not teach or any such thing,and why are we now draaagggiinn this out again, for what??, You are not in Jeff's head and you do not know 100 % for sure that that is how he feels, why are you sooo angered by it, there is all kinds of prejudice in this world, if you are smart and you are a kind and good person whether you are gay or not is not gonna hold you back, in some places that are not as forward thinking as others some ppl might have a harder time of it, but I think in my OPINION what you say is ridiculous, that is not Jeff, I bet that is the farthest thing from his mind, and it brings to mind that just like sex education a lot of families want to teach their children about those things themselves, not in school and not in a children's book where perhaps if the child had not been exposed at all would them be confused, etc. I would prefer that all those topics be discussed by me with my children. Jeff has really gotten a lot of crap over some silly a** thing that flew out of his mouth, if he did mean it the way you are saying and I highly doubt he did, then yes, it is ignorant and stupid, but I do not for one minute think he meant it the way you are presenting it here, my opinion

For what it's worth because no one seems to want to "LISTEN", just ASSume and attack J/J and the fact that the last several posts are attacking JEFF although this is Jordan's thread......

I would like to acknowledge fatcat for bringing in some common sense.

Get a grip, people......obviously intolerance of ANYONE is based on ignorance, and ignorance is sometimes just based on never being exposed to something or someone you don't understand.

White ppl were ignorant about accepting black skinned ppl. until they got to KNOW them, live next door, go to school, etc.......Straight ppl. have been ignorant of gay ppl. for the same reasons, they couldn't identify them as easily, no different color of skin, but most straight ppl. thought they were SO different, UNTIL they started to learn that they WERE their next door neighbors, teachers, PTA members, etc.....look at the facts, folks, when more gay ppl. "came out" and more ppl. became informed about who they were....... WOW, they knew they are just like us, ignorance was overcome and more ppl. became pro-gay, less ppl. became anti-gay.

There will ALWAYS be prejudice because there will always be IGNORANCE.......but I think if we all realize educating the ignorant is the only way to resolve it, we could ALL reach out & help.

Feel sorry for those who aren't educated enough to be tolerant.

And, to bring it back to Jordan, I doubt she has an intolerant bone in her body....shows me, she's highly intelligent.

For what it's worth because no one seems to want to "LISTEN", just ASSume and attack J/J and the fact that the last several posts are attacking JEFF although this is Jordan's thread......

I would like to acknowledge fatcat for bringing in some common sense.

Get a grip, people......obviously intolerance of ANYONE is based on ignorance, and ignorance is sometimes just based on never being exposed to something or someone you don't understand.

White ppl were ignorant about accepting black skinned ppl. until they got to KNOW them, live next door, go to school, etc.......Straight ppl. have been ignorant of gay ppl. for the same reasons, they couldn't identify them as easily, no different color of skin, but most straight ppl. thought they were SO different, UNTIL they started to learn that they WERE their next door neighbors, teachers, PTA members, etc.....look at the facts, folks, when more gay ppl. "came out" and more ppl. became informed about who they were....... WOW, they knew they are just like us, ignorance was overcome and more ppl. became pro-gay, less ppl. became anti-gay.

There will ALWAYS be prejudice because there will always be IGNORANCE.......but I think if we all realize educating the ignorant is the only way to resolve it, we could ALL reach out & help.

Feel sorry for those who aren't educated enough to be tolerant.

And, to bring it back to Jordan, I doubt she has an intolerant bone in her body....shows me, she's highly intelligent.

Dumbest post I've seen on these boards. I really feel sorry for this person.

No, actually its your personal belief that if others believe differently than you do, they must be ignorant. Yet you try to make your personal belief to come off as fact.

A person believing a gay person shouldn't teach children makes them no more ignorant than you preaching how people who don't think like you are ignorant.

If a person thinks gays aren't capable of teaching children (or whatever scenario you want to put in here), it is a personal belief and has nothing to do with their intelligence or education level. Are some children dumber because they believe in Santa Claus? Are some of our Scientists ignorant (as you put it) because they believe in life on other planets and some people don't?

Fact is, a persons personal belief has NOTHING to do with their intelligence level. Osama Bin Laden was as against our belief's as he could be, but his planning of his attacks proved he was a pretty smart cookie. He was not ignorant just because he didn't believe the way we do. He brought this economy down to its knees, so yes....he won. Not a dumb man.

If you REALLY want the proof that your ways are flawed then just look at it like this.....

Person A (a business owner) hates gays and you want to educate him to make him "educated".

Person A believes his way of believing is right and tries to make you understand how vile and nasty gays are.

How would you feel if person A did that? Now you know how they feel when you do that.

Its like a form of hypocrisy. You are trying to do to others what you don't want done to you lol.

Saying people who dont believe the same things you do are ignorant, shows a LOT about your need for some education yourself.

WOW, Napper.......you really missed my whole point which has NOTHING to do with "book" education. If a person believes a gay person cannot educate their child, lol, they better check the references of the last few teachers who have taught their children because they will have been IGNORANT in their belief. (OH, BTW, I know this because I AM a teacher).

On the other point, I was talking about "life" education. And, I NEVER said ppl who don't "think like me" are ignorant. Like I said, LISTEN.

What I POSTED was FACT. The EDUCATION I spoke about was not in books, it came out of ppl. living together, going to school together, meeting & marrying.......you cannot learn everything from a book. AND, I NEVER claimed those who don't think like I do are IGNORANT.....I SAID, their ignorance just comes from not being exposed to those ppl they "think" are "different". I know this from experiences in my own family over years AND, obviously looking at data over years.....have you been paying attention to the change in support for gay marriage????

If YOU think you are highly evolved & educated & still believe that there are ppl "below you", I will stand behind my belief that you are ignorant.

As this is Jordan's thread, I am going to say one more time how much I miss her in the house. Yes, in many ways she is very innocent but that is what most of us like about her. She is not a jaded, hardend. young women with no morals. I enjoyed watching her facial expressions as "she got it". I loved her reaction when she realized what a "chubby" was and that she had danced to a song about it. Jordan, I hope life treats you well. Good luck snd many good wishes.

:party_smilie::smitten::party_smilie:

Thanks, Ivgal. I will miss her(and Jeff). I hope and pray for a happy life for her and that she always stays true to herself. Do not change for anyone, as we love you the way you are. Love ya, Jordan!! :heart2::heart2::heart2:

I am sorry as I am the one who evidently opened this can of worms by replying to Nebartists post, this subject had been dead and gone for a while and then neb swept in here and said something to the effect that because he is gay jeff thinks he cannot or should not teach small children, for gods sake the whole thing about that post was subjective and lvgal, I certainly got your post and did not think you were implying ignorance, I said IF JEFF DID MAKE THE STATEMENT EVERYONE THINKS HE DID OR HE MEANT THAT GAY TEACHERS SHOULD NOT TEACH and I certainly do not think Jeff said or even would ever think that way, but if he did then I felt it was a stupid thing to say and out of ignorance, ya know some ppl think that you can cahnge from being gay back into being strainght, ya know?? not so smart, it just isnt that way, so I appologze if I started anything,I was only speaking to neb because he said he was hurt and I do just not get that, Jeff never said those words, how many times do we have to go over it, Jeff only said that the author of the book would not have the headmaster be gay in the book, he never said anything about molesting, or that teachers who are gay should not teach, it was never said, and such a big deal has been made over it, it is just my own opinion and everyone is entitled to theirs but lv gal I am sooooo sorry that someone called you dumb, that sure was not nice, I always enjoy you and feel you contribute greatly to this board, . I hope we get to see some of the jury house soon, I am sooo board to tears with this week of nothing going on, uuuggg!!!!!

Thanks, Ivgal. I will miss her(and Jeff). I hope and pray for a happy life for her and that she always stays true to herself. Do not change for anyone, as we love you the way you are. Love ya, Jordan!! heart2.gifheart2.gifheart2.gif

thanks for the pos lilsis, your name is what I call my youngest daughter

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name