Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dade

Andy Finch and Tommy Czeschin (Eliminated 8th-Dec 4)

15 posts in this topic

tar19_andy_tommy.jpg

Andy Finch

Hometown: Truckee, Calif.

Connection to your teammate: Friend

Current occupation: Professional snowboarder/former Olympic snowboarder

Describe what you do: I compete around the world in snowboard competitions.

How will these skills help you win The Race? I travel a lot and get around well on my own. I

DIBS!!!

Methinks Andy fell off his snowboard one too many times and got snow on the brain tho...he says Tom lives "in the middle of nowhere". I've been to Crowley Lake and if you lived there you would want to hide it from other people and you could care less if you answer your phone...lol!!! They prob have the best fishing in California!!!

I was rooting for them within seconds. They seem so energetic without being uptight and ready to kill each other. Hope they'll be around for the long run.

They're reasonably athletic, which is always good in a race. :running:

They're both dudes which helps shorten potty breaks. "Dude we're in a race, just use a water bottle!"

And last night they showed that they possess the #1 skill for winning The Amazing Race - reading comprehension. :deal2:

This team could dominate.

But then again I really thought Ethan & Jenna would do a heck of lot better so you can't underestimate the part luck plays in the race (or Survivor for that matter).

I've grown to LOVE these guys - they remind me of the hippies from a few years ago.

I love these guys too. Nothing rattles them. So far they have been competitive without stressing out on each other.

I don't blame them for not letting the other team win in the foot race at the end. They would have lost out on $15G - and like they said - it's a game/race. You don't "let" someone win! BUT I fear that they will get u-turned next week by the bitter betty's.

lol Beat by a pack of taxi cab drivers in communication with one another. Amazing Race has lost ALL credibility at this point.

I know this isn’t the first time this kind of thing has happened in Amazing Race history (similar ‘teamwork’ took out the Cowboys last time) , but I’ll say again that I think CBS needs to fix this loophole and simply ensure that teams are doing the challenges on their own (there is little they can or should do to stop them helping each other with directions and such) and finding out the name of the pitstop was a challenge this time. If a team finds the pitstop without getting a paper clue, Phil would have turned them back and told them they couldn’t check in without a clue. In this case they should’ve had to say the name of the pitstop, which was the clue on the dress. It might not have made any difference in the end, but at least teams would’ve won or lost on their own merits.

But to be completely fair if you think back, Andy & Tommy are also guilty of this when they gave Marcus the answer to the counting challenge earlier in the game, Marcus didn't listen of course and it ended up not mattering, but the boys were also 'cheating' earlier in the game and I didn't care for it then either. Bottom line is I do not like cheating going un-penalized on the amazing race... but I do like Andy & Tommy, who are clearly both very nice guys. Exactly the kind of people I'd have loved to root for in the final leg.

At least they can take comfort in all the prizes they won, coming in 1st place on 6 legs.

• Leg 1

I will miss them. They really did make the race fun this season. I guess I will vote for team NFL now.

I had a wild thought that they were going to break out of sequester and somehow find the next clue box somehow, and end up winning the race anyway.

Ah well.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0