Jordan - Week 9

CeCiMom

Oh, I am shocked to learn that Jordan is poor... what happened with her half-million dollars? Did she lose it all?

Costs a lot to fly to Chicago every weekend for the boytoy!!! :animated_rotfl:

Sorry, Jordo just isn't doing it for me this year!!! 2 years ago she went up against someone who everyone hated!! Now she may be going up against someone who has been playing the game!! No way Jordo will win.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think she's "poor" but, it sounds like she supports her mom, her brother, herself and bought a house. She probably spent a majority of it and then put the rest in some kind of savings/investment kind of thing where she doesn't have access without losing money. So, she's probably back to paycheck to paycheck like the rest of us but, she has a roof over her head and not much in the way of expenses so, I wouldn't feel bad for her. She's doing fine... not poor, not rich. (Would be my guess.)

Plus after Uncle Sam gets his share, it's not even 500K. Buying her mom a new house would take a huge chunk out of the winnings.

She probably got about $325k after taxes. She bought a new townhouse for her mom, which in that area was probably about $150-175. She would have had to purchase a house that they could afford to pay taxes on every year. (Those tax bills can get pretty high, into the thousands, so what good would it do to spend $300k on a house if they can't pay the annual taxes?)

She's probably splurged on a few small things. She paid for Jeff's lasik surgery, for instance. Jordan, from hearing the things she's said, is very frugal. She doesn't waste money and still works everyday in a salon so she's hardly making big bucks. She said at one point she was wearing jeans from Target that cost $13. She's still driving the car she had in highschool and has to crawl thru the passenger side door. I'd guess she has at least $100k left, if not a little more.

Sorry, but I just don't see $500k as a huge windfall. You'd have to be VERY careful in order for it to be a life-changing amount. It offers a little security so long as she's careful. I think the grand prize should be twice what it is.

Jordan has won $500,000 (thats a half a milllion for those who don't know) before. She is not "dirt poor". Thats about the funniest thing Ive read on these boards in a while now.

this is so ridiculous, yes she won the 500 grand, taxes were taken out ansd then she bought her mom a house, I doubt there was much left over, so she is not rich with that money, she works a real job as a receptionist, drives an old car, because she chose to unselfishly buy her mother a house and houses do not come cheap prolly a 3 figure house, so you thinking that us saying she is dirt poor when it is a fact is the funniest thing you ever heard???? palleeaassee!!!!!

oh and by the way , I would be considered dirt poor and the only reason I use that term is because in this economy alll of us are or most of us are not exactly doing great, I am poor by many standards but am feeling sooooo fortunate for what I do have as I am sure Jordan feeels the same way as she is a really nice thoughtful girl,

That is what Natalie thought too. Where is she now? Rachel needs to get Jordan in the jury house as a vote for her not sit next to her in final 2. Rachel should sit next to adam guarenteed win then, if jury bases it on game. Since they are such bff and Jordan has already won she should totally understand fall on her sword and go to jury, oops she won't as she wants the 500 g's.

well there are holes in this theory because Jordan had not won 500 grand the first time around and also she won the last comps hands down and everyone HATED gnat so nope this makes no sense, rachel has to sit next to Jordo tp win, they are not gonna give the money to Jordon again and Jordan is perfectly fine with that with 50 grand and her 25 she got to go back into the house, that is a nice paycheck for the summer, but there is a lot of game left to be played, so we just have to wait it out and pray, at least I will be prayin,lol

She probably got about $325k after taxes. She bought a new townhouse for her mom, which in that area was probably about $150-175. She would have had to purchase a house that they could afford to pay taxes on every year. (Those tax bills can get pretty high, into the thousands, so what good would it do to spend $300k on a house if they can't pay the annual taxes?)

She's probably splurged on a few small things. She paid for Jeff's lasik surgery, for instance. Jordan, from hearing the things she's said, is very frugal. She doesn't waste money and still works everyday in a salon so she's hardly making big bucks. She said at one point she was wearing jeans from Target that cost $13. She's still driving the car she had in highschool and has to crawl thru the passenger side door. I'd guess she has at least $100k left, if not a little more.

Sorry, but I just don't see $500k as a huge windfall. You'd have to be VERY careful in order for it to be a life-changing amount. It offers a little security so long as she's careful. I think the grand prize should be twice what it is.

500,00 is not much after taxes, she is not set for life at all 325- a house is right! I would like to see her win again

Let's not kid ourselves people. The jury isn't going to vote for Jordan because she earned it. Rachel is the one that earned it. The jury is gonna vote for Jordan because she is a great person that treated everyone with kindness and respect. Anyone sitting next to her looks like a villain. It will be a bittersweet ending for me because a good person got the money but not the person that earned it.

Let's not kid ourselves people. The jury isn't going to vote for Jordan because she earned it. Rachel is the one that earned it. The jury is gonna vote for Jordan because she is a great person that treated everyone with kindness and respect. Anyone sitting next to her looks like a villain. It will be a bittersweet ending for me because a good person got the money but not the person that earned it.

I seriously dont think they wil reward Jordan a 2nd time, and I do believe that out of the 2 whether they want to or not they would vote for rachel, even dani believes in who played the best game and so far she has

I never think of the jury scenarios--because the jury surprises me quite a bit usually. But I do believe whoever wins earns it.

If someone tries hard to be a really nice person--that's work! Maybe Jordan had every urge to make fun of people in the goodbye messages instead of being serious and honest--but she didn't. If she caused people to love her because of her own actions everyday, then she deserves credit. It's hard being nice instead of blurting out whatever you want. I feel I want to give her credit for that. :animated_bouncy:

I never think of the jury scenarios--because the jury surprises me quite a bit usually. But I do believe whoever wins earns it.

If someone tries hard to be a really nice person--that's work! Maybe Jordan had every urge to make fun of people in the goodbye messages instead of being serious and honest--but she didn't. If she caused people to love her because of her own actions everyday, then she deserves credit. It's hard being nice instead of blurting out whatever you want. I feel I want to give her credit for that. :animated_bouncy:

I agree with this 100%.

I don't see that jury ever giving Jordan the win over Rachel. All of them know that Jordan hasn't done a thing to earn the win since week two, and she really didn't win that HoH. She rode Jeff's coattail until he left, and now she's holding on tight to Rachel's. Both Kalia and Porsche have said she sucks, and sits back while Rachel wins everything. Don't think they won't bring that out in the jury house, cause they will. She disappoints me so much, because Rachel will never be able to relax in this game until f2, and that's because she has a partner who doesn't do squat to help her. If she wins HoH next week it will truly be a "shocker!"

Jordon doesn't have two brain cells to rub together, but she's the perfect BB player. She doesn't annoy anyone, because she's too dumb and clued out to know what's going on around her. So, she's naturally nice and that really works well in the jury. BB is a game about grudges and bad feelings. Jordon never wins anything so she never has to stab anyone. She can't annoy anyone because she doesn't have the brainpower to do so.

Rachel doesn't stand a chance against Jordon. None of them do.

They were idiots for not getting rid of her earlier. After all, she is the only one playing that won the game before. She'll win it exactly the way she won it last time... by default.

How can you discount Jordan's HOH? She had a 3! For Jeff or Brendon to score less than a 3 would have been unlikely. She won against everyone BUT them and then they threw it. It pissed me off when they did it because I knew her win would be discounted once again.

Jordan may not win at the comps but she wins in the house. She is a great social player who really understands and reads people well. She is also good at talking to someone who needs a pep talk and encouragement. I think Jordan and Rachel have both played great games!

How can you discount Jordan's HOH? She had a 3! For Jeff or Brendon to score less than a 3 would have been unlikely. She won against everyone BUT them and then they threw it. It pissed me off when they did it because I knew her win would be discounted once again.

Jordan may not win at the comps but she wins in the house. She is a great social player who really understands and reads people well. She is also good at talking to someone who needs a pep talk and encouragement. I think Jordan and Rachel have both played great games!

Yep...JORDAN BEAT WHO SHE HAD TO BEAT that day. Jeff and Brendon would have been dumb to try to beat Jordan. They both were safe and they both had the chance to compete in the hoh the next week.

Yep...JORDAN BEAT WHO SHE HAD TO BEAT that day. Jeff and Brendon would have been dumb to try to beat Jordan. They both were safe and they both had the chance to compete in the hoh the next week.

Exactly. if Jordan hadn't gotten the 3, knocking out the other 2, then Jeff and Brendon wouldn't have been able to throw it, so she won, no ifs ands or buts about it.

stars.gif

Jordon doesn't have two brain cells to rub together, but she's the perfect BB player. She doesn't annoy anyone, because she's too dumb and clued out to know what's going on around her. So, she's naturally nice and that really works well in the jury. BB is a game about grudges and bad feelings. Jordon never wins anything so she never has to stab anyone. She can't annoy anyone because she doesn't have the brainpower to do so.

They were idiots for not getting rid of her earlier. After all, she is the only one playing that won the game before. She'll win it exactly the way she won it last time... by default.

it may be your opinion that jordan has no brains, but my opinion is very different, what you see is not always what is the truth, I think it is unkind to say someone has 2 braincells to put togehter, my opinion, i dont like unkind stuff, I will however say something unkind if it is the truth like about porsche or kalia or adam being a slug, Jordan having no brains is just not true, plain and simple, its an untruth, but a perception totally different things

Jordan has been playing the game every day she has been in the house. She was always trying to work with people and trying to further her alliance with Jeff in any way. She won an HOH and came in second in 2 others. I think she worked hard to get Shelly and keep Adam with her alliance. She worked hard to keep Rachel happy and she stayed with her when she was at her lowest. She always told Shelly and Adam they had to keep Rachel. (good move) If Shelly had not defected then maybe Jeff would still be there and a lot of her work would have been worth it.

She is not good in some of the physical comps and that is her downfall.

I see a lot of intelligence in her when she talks game play.

But because she talks a little slow and jumbles some words and has big eyes that look confused people assume she is not smart.

I am anxious to see how this plays out. She may go soon but I really admire Jordan as a person and as a Big Brother player. :heart2:

so totally agree.

Jordan helps Rachel in a lot of ways that has nothing to do with winning HOH or POV. She keeps her from going off on people or saying stupid crap that will intimidate or piss off others. Example, when they went up to talk to PorchHo during her HOH, Jordan did most of the talking, and when she was done, she said come on Rachel - and got her out of there before she could stick her foot in her mouth. In my opinion, they make a great team - Rachel is physically strong and good at comps,and Jordan has the social game in the bag. Win/win combo. :party_smilie:

I just adore Jordan and Rachel. I loved J and J in their season. I'm from the south and just appreciate Jordan's southern charm and sweetness. She does play the game, even though she doesn't win a lot of comps like Rachel does. I liked Rachel last year too even though she was a tad bit over the top most times...there was just something about her that I liked in spite of all that. I love her competitive spirit; she always gives 110%. If both of them make it to the F2, it won't matter to me which wins; I just hope they do make it to F2.

One thing about it, with Survivor and BB, I have quit trying to figure out who will vote for who because I'm almost always wrong, lol. You never know what people will do once they get out of that house and have time to stop and think and talk to everyone else. The only two votes that I'd be willing to bet on is Jeff voting for Jordan and Brendon voting for Rachel.

Archived