Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dade

Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer

14 posts in this topic

ChazBono.jpg

Chaz Bono

"The Most Unexpected"

If you just know him as the only child of famed entertainers Sonny and Cher, then you don't know Chaz Bono!

Chaz is an LGBT rights advocate, three-time author, speaker and Chaz's decision to come out as a lesbian in 1995 prompted his public work in support of LGBT rights and social justice. He has contributed as a writer-at-large to The Advocate and, in 1996, became the Human Rights Campaign's National Coming Out Day spokesperson. Chaz also served as Entertainment Media Director for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and has spoken at dozens of universities and LGBT events.

An acclaimed author, Chaz has written three books including Transition, his groundbreaking and candid account of a 40-year struggle to match his gender identity with his physical body. He shared his life and experiences in the three-time Emmy nominated documentary, Becoming Chaz. Premiering to standing ovations at this year's Sundance Festival, Becoming Chaz had its world television premiere in May of 2011 on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Chaz continues to create visibility, cause awareness and impact change for LGBT issues. He currently lives in Los Angeles with his fianc

I was on the fence as to whether I cared that he was doing DWTS but now that I have heard that people are being asshats about it on message boards, now I want him to win.

Get over it people, his choices don't affect your life, live and let live

I remember seeing Chastity then as a little girl in Palm Springs and then later when she was a teenager. We had built a convention center and Sonny and Chastity sang. Sonny Bono was my big boss as Mayor.

Now Chaz is an interesting man. Honestly I am most interested to see if he loses weight. I love when stars go on the show overweight and the show puts them on a road to weight loss.

I am proud to be a part of Mortys where there has been none of the controversy that appears to be out there. I didn't know it existed to the extent it apparently does until I went looking for articles today. (call me ignorant or niave..I just never thought there was an issue)

'DWTS' Boss Addresses Chaz Bono Controversy, Cher and Lacey Schwimmer Lend Their Support

I am shocked by the comments I've read, like "DWTS was a family program. My family won't be watching this season now" due to the addition of Chaz Bono. That was one of the nicer anti-Chaz comments. Geeez, people. Seriously? I don't even get the outcry. People are starving, being murdered, molested, maimed, and oh yes, pets are getting carelessly lost in airport baggage areas. And they're up in arms about something they might not even bother to try to comprehend. Shame.

If the parents don't want their kids watch because of Chaz, they will have to explain. If they leave things alone, the kids will never know the difference. No kid will know that he used to be a girl.

Seems like a super nice guy. Dancing has potential. His weight is a bit of a detriment, but dancing should slim him down some. He did okay for the first time out.

He did a lot better than I thought he would.

Hope Chaz sticks around so we can watch and see how much he improves.

I was warmed by the great acceptance of the audience.

Yikes, I hope those parents that don't want their kids to watch are policing all those

other shows that really spit trash into our homes thru the magic of television.

I always fall asleep during the show and miss the last half. Yay for the DVR. I met Chaz a few times when he was young and when he was a teenager. Very shy and soft spoken. I hope he does well.

I thought he did a good job last night!

Hope he gets to stay, and see more of him dancing.

Last week wasn't bad, but this week - sorry Chaz, but it wasn't good. AND HOW in the WORLD did he get 6's????? The scoring tonight made no damn sense.

Nice try Chaz.... but I'm thinking bottom 3 ... and maybe a sad Goodby.

I was sooo hoping he'd improve more.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0