Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Chaz Bono and Lacey Schwimmer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
Posted Image

Chaz Bono

"The Most Unexpected"
If you just know him as the only child of famed entertainers Sonny and Cher, then you don't know Chaz Bono!

Chaz is an LGBT rights advocate, three-time author, speaker and Chaz's decision to come out as a lesbian in 1995 prompted his public work in support of LGBT rights and social justice. He has contributed as a writer-at-large to The Advocate and, in 1996, became the Human Rights Campaign's National Coming Out Day spokesperson. Chaz also served as Entertainment Media Director for the Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) and has spoken at dozens of universities and LGBT events.

An acclaimed author, Chaz has written three books including Transition, his groundbreaking and candid account of a 40-year struggle to match his gender identity with his physical body. He shared his life and experiences in the three-time Emmy nominated documentary, Becoming Chaz. Premiering to standing ovations at this year's Sundance Festival, Becoming Chaz had its world television premiere in May of 2011 on the Oprah Winfrey Network.

Chaz continues to create visibility, cause awareness and impact change for LGBT issues. He currently lives in Los Angeles with his fiancιe, Jennifer Elia. She'll surely be cheering Chaz on as he tries to tango to the top of the leaderboard each week on Dancing With The Stars.

Photo Credit: Getty Images – Alberto E. Rodriguez
ABC

Posted Image
Lacey Schwimmer

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Chaz Bono
BACKGROUND:
Given the amount of fancy footwork that's come from this Dancing with the Stars alum's household, we're pretty sure she's got what it takes to step up to the competition for a third time.
Lacey was born into a family of championship dancers and grew up in Moreno Valley, California. Her parents are Laurie Kauffman and noted West Coast Swing dancer, Buddy Schwimmer. She is the younger sister of Benji Schwimmer, winner of the second season of So You Think You Can Dance.
Although she began dancing at age 6, it wasn't until she hit her teens that she realized that this was what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. She was chosen as one of the Top 20 contestants for season 3 of So You Think You Can Dance on FOX. Schwimmer has finished top at the U.S. Open Swing Dance Championships and has won numerous U.S. titles.
Some of her appearances we've seen her in include Christina Aguilera's pop video clip "Candyman" as a jitterbugger, a cameo appearance in The Suite Life of Zack and Cody in the episode, "Loosely Ballroom", and Jon Chu and Adam Sevani's Biggest Online Dance Battle against M&M.
Lacey danced at the MTV Movie Awards 2008 alongside Adam Sandler and was cast to dance in Adam Shankman's film Bedtime Stories starring Adam Sandler. Currently Lacey is part of the iHollywood Dance faculty and is also teaching master classes in Norway.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
• 2007 - 1st Place: World Swing Dance Championships
• 7 time US Open Swing Dance Champion
• 2007 - So You Think You Can Dance Finalist
• 2006 - 1st Place: US National Youth Latin Championships
• 2006 - Emerald Ball Youth Latin Champion

PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:
• Mike Catherwood
• Kyle Massey
• Mark Dacascos
• Steve-O
• Lance Bass

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,836 posts
Interesting. I have to admit that I am curious to see him dance.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I was on the fence as to whether I cared that he was doing DWTS but now that I have heard that people are being asshats about it on message boards, now I want him to win.

Get over it people, his choices don't affect your life, live and let live

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,749 posts
I remember seeing Chastity then as a little girl in Palm Springs and then later when she was a teenager. We had built a convention center and Sonny and Chastity sang. Sonny Bono was my big boss as Mayor.

Now Chaz is an interesting man. Honestly I am most interested to see if he loses weight. I love when stars go on the show overweight and the show puts them on a road to weight loss.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,838 posts
I am proud to be a part of Mortys where there has been none of the controversy that appears to be out there. I didn't know it existed to the extent it apparently does until I went looking for articles today. (call me ignorant or niave..I just never thought there was an issue)

'DWTS' Boss Addresses Chaz Bono Controversy, Cher and Lacey Schwimmer Lend Their Support

mischiefmanaged

mischiefmanaged

• Pip
  • 50 posts
I am shocked by the comments I've read, like "DWTS was a family program. My family won't be watching this season now" due to the addition of Chaz Bono. That was one of the nicer anti-Chaz comments. Geeez, people. Seriously? I don't even get the outcry. People are starving, being murdered, molested, maimed, and oh yes, pets are getting carelessly lost in airport baggage areas. And they're up in arms about something they might not even bother to try to comprehend. Shame.

weselntxs

weselntxs

• Pip
  • 92 posts
If the parents don't want their kids watch because of Chaz, they will have to explain. If they leave things alone, the kids will never know the difference. No kid will know that he used to be a girl.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Seems like a super nice guy. Dancing has potential. His weight is a bit of a detriment, but dancing should slim him down some. He did okay for the first time out.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,340 posts
He did a lot better than I thought he would.
Hope Chaz sticks around so we can watch and see how much he improves.

I was warmed by the great acceptance of the audience.

Yikes, I hope those parents that don't want their kids to watch are policing all those
other shows that really spit trash into our homes thru the magic of television.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Absolutely awesome, thought his scores were way to low!!!!

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,749 posts
I always fall asleep during the show and miss the last half. Yay for the DVR. I met Chaz a few times when he was young and when he was a teenager. Very shy and soft spoken. I hope he does well.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 2,987 posts
I thought he did a good job last night!

Hope he gets to stay, and see more of him dancing.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Last week wasn't bad, but this week - sorry Chaz, but it wasn't good. AND HOW in the WORLD did he get 6's????? The scoring tonight made no damn sense.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,340 posts
Nice try Chaz.... but I'm thinking bottom 3 ... and maybe a sad Goodby.

I was sooo hoping he'd improve more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users