Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hope Solo and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Posted Image

Hope Solo

"The Soccer Superstar"
Soccer superstar Hope Solo will be getting her kicks in a whole new arena as she brings her competitive spirit to the Dancing With The Stars stage.

Hope Solo is widely considered the best goalkeeper in the world and has been the starter for the United States Women's National Team since 2005. She scored 109 goals as a high school forward before moving to goal at the University of Washington near her hometown of Richland.

At the 2011 World Cup, Hope recorded two shutouts in group play and then, in what is considered one of the greatest soccer games in history, made a save on a penalty shootout against Brazil in the quarterfinal, helping the Americans advance to the semis. The U.S. reached the finals, falling to Japan in a penalty shootout after a 2-2 draw.

Hope was awarded the Adidas Golden Glove by FIFA as the tournament's top goalkeeper. She was also the starting goalkeeper for the United States in the 2007 FIFA Women's World Cup and the 2008 Summer Olympics in Beijing where the U.S. women's team won the gold medal by defeating Brazil 1-0 in extra time. This was in no small measure due to Hope's performance as she stopped an energetic Brazilian attack, making save after save.

Hope began her Women's Professional Soccer career playing for Saint Louis Athletica and was named Goalkeeper of the Year in 2009. Since then, she has played for the Atlanta Beat and currently plays for MagicJack as the starting goalkeeper and is a two-time WPS All Star. Not bad. Not bad at all.

When not playing soccer, Hope enjoys reading, basketball, beach volleyball and other outdoor activities. She loves traveling the world and gives back through community service projects. We're pretty sure she'll also love the challenge of trying to win it all on Dancing With The Stars!

Photo Credit: Getty Images
ABC

Posted Image
Maksim Chmerkovskiy

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Hope Solo
BACKGROUND:
"The Bad Boy of the Ballroom" joined the show in Season 2, competing with partner Tia Carrere. We fell for Maks instantly. Known for his bold moves and even bolder mouth, he's the one we love to hate and hate to love.
Maks has come close to getting that shiny disco ball three times. He made it to the finals with boxing champ Laila Ali in Season 4, finished in second place in Season 5 with Mel B, and last season a close third with Erin Andrews. So close!
Ladies love to look at Maks. "I know my assets so I don't have a problem opening my shirt," the dancer says. "I notice women looking at my chest all the time. If you want to look at my chest, go ahead." Don't mind if we do!
Maks is a big part of the DWTS family. He toured in the national production and is part of the DWTS: Cardio Dance DVD. He recently starred on ABC's sports competition show The Superstars and played himself in an episode of All My Children.
Outside of DWTS, Maks choreographed for famed director Franco Dragone's Le Reve, and performed in the Broadway show Burn the Floor.
Currently a board member for the non-profit organization DanceTeamUSA, Maks is dedicated to inspiring American kids to get involved in DanceSport. He started the Rising Stars Dance Academy, which is the premier youth ballroom dance school in the United States. He also organizes performances all over the world through his company Maksim Chmerkovskiy Productions.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
2005 Yankee Classic Professional Latin Champion
2004 Manhattan Dancesport Professional Latin Champion
2003 Ohio Star Ball Latin Champion
Ranked 2nd in the US

PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:
Kirstie Alley
Brandy
Erin Andrews
Debi Mazar
Denise Richards
Misty May-Treanor
M el B
Laila Ali
Willa Ford
Tia Carrere

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
I have a feeling she will be good. An athlete and competitor.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts

I have a feeling she will be good. An athlete and competitor.

Yeah. If she can dance - she is 5' 9" - they will look gorgeous together.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Maks looks gorgeous regardless...........but she is one of my faves for this season!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
OMG guess who has been in town all week? Hope and Maks!!! And I've been gone so much this week for work I didn't even have a chance to stalk Maks....... :palpatine:

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
She did very well - hard dance for her - very girly LOL. She has a LOT of potential and of course the hottest partner!!!
:inlove:

KyTallgirl

KyTallgirl

• Pip
  • 205 posts
I'm sooooooo glad he got a good partner with plenty of potential....definitely didn't want to see Maks leave too soon!

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,733 posts
Did it seem like Maks was a wee bit PO'd at the judges ????

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

Did it seem like Maks was a wee bit PO'd at the judges ????

He should be - the way they scored some of the dances tonight makes me think they need to put down the crack pipe.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts

He should be - the way they scored some of the dances tonight makes me think they need to put down the crack pipe.

agree!

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,250 posts
wow, they aren't kidding on the walking part being off kilter. not gracful when she is away from Maks.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Jesus Maks is a sexy beast....I need a cold shower now

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,250 posts
haha, yes he is. wonder what happened when he did his Bachelor stint in Ukraine?

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,733 posts
psst Sisu....

Can't understand a thing that's being said... but, I'm sure you'll love watching it.

(bet he was a pip for the producers to work with from the little clips at the end)

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,250 posts
:party_smilie:

psst Sisu....

Can't understand a thing that's being said... but, I'm sure you'll love watching it.

(bet he was a pip for the producers to work with from the little clips at the end)

You're the best! Thanks!

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,250 posts
Maks might be at odds with his "student" in rehearsal, but he goes out on a limb to protect when they face the judges.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
It always seems like the judges are harder on her than a lot of he others, I don't blame Maks for getting a little pissy

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,250 posts
She is underachieving (relative to expectations, anyway) so they are trying to push her. Don't blame Maks for defending his partner (pointing out that they have very different standards for various levels of performers) but saying that perhaps a judge should quit is going too far, I think.

KatO

KatO

• Pip
  • 125 posts
Carrie Ann didn't want her to be too intense so she has three pro girls helping. But if you learn better visually then this isn't the competition for you, you need to adapt your learning style.

Isn't the piece that they are dancing supposed to be sort of happy thought invoking. Her run is making me a touch sad, and she's not being as pouncy as she was in practice.

I agree with Len's assessment that this was a weak dance. The moment that you rely on the audience only is also the moment that you realize you are going home. Lacey tried to push Chaz and get him to stand on his own. I didn't really see that with Hope.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I'm glad Maks spoke up - the judges have a double standard. They would judge Chaz and Carson on "effort" - giving them 7's for trying really hard. But others (like Hope) get nitpicked to death and get the same scores as the less talented dancers. And I think it's demeaning to keep telling Hope she isn't feminine or that she walks like a guy or whatever. Same with calling Chaz a cute little penguin - wtf?

I think maybe Maks didn't express his frustration in quite the right words or way, but I totally get where he is coming from. Oh and after Derek defended the judges, Maks called him out for always having the mega talented partners to start out with. They need to mix up who the give the ringers too, and Maks called them on it.

PS - he's so hawt, he can say whatever he wants anyway! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users