Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dade

J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff

7 posts in this topic

JRMartinez.jpg

J.R. Martinez

"Soap's Real-Life Hero"

J.R. Martinez is an Iraq war veteran, motivational speaker and actor on ABC's All My Children. In April 2003, at 19 years old, he was serving as a Humvee driver for the U.S. Army in Iraq when his left front tire hit a landmine. He suffered smoke inhalation and severe burns to more than 40 percent of his body.

J.R. was immediately evacuated and sent to Brooke Army Medical Center (BAMC) in San Antonio where he spent 34 months in recovery. Since his injury, he has undergone 33 different surgeries, including skin grafts and cosmetic surgery. While in recovery, he started speaking to other burn patients within the hospital, sharing his experiences and listening to theirs. News of his story and efforts to help others quickly spread, first on a local level and then to national circuits, leading to appearances on Oprah, 60 Minutes, CNN and more.

Bilingual in English and Spanish, J.R. has traveled the country since 2004, spreading his message of resilience and optimism. Today he is a sought-after motivational speaker and has shared the stage with many notable individuals. In October 2008, J.R. joined the cast of ABC's Emmy

He plays a police officer on All My Children.

I like him on All My Children. I think that he is a positive influence for people. He was dealt a bad hand and seems to have made something pretty good out of it.

2 Kleenex dance for me tonite.

She's my LEAST fav dancer. He's rather good.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0