House Calls / Town Hall / Marcellas and Gretchen

bdr

I'm plugging my show because I'm a member here. People are interested in what is going on on "The H.C. as well as BB. I didn't start this thread. Fans of House Calls did. If you wanna do a shout out on the show, buy airtime. We are looking for sponsors. G & I are expensive! LOL!

And what change of policy are you talking about? I don't know any show that let's people advertise on it unless they are paying. It was never okay to do shoutouts. This season it got out of hand.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest roseynwinston

Hi Marcellas,

I watched Tuesday's show last night and you mentioned something about Ivette being racist. What sorts of things is she saying? Does she hate black people? Other latinos? white folks? I cannot get the live feed, but I am really interested. I just want another reason to hate her guts.

WHAT UP KAYSAR!!!

Marc, 

What the _ _ _ _? 

Quote, "Please NO shout outs on House calls. Please. You cannot do that.

Yet, here you are pluggin' your show, and upcoming guests. 

Whats good for the goose ..............

so many double standards surrounding HC and next day change of policy after critisism. 

Gotta say, I love the show for the information content, Gretchen is great, but the kvetching ain't.

Are you kidding me?!! You have a problem w/ hearing who the upcoming guests are on HC when you're in the HC FORUM?!! How insane! If you had a forum here made by the members called "Idolguy" do you think anyone would care if you posted what you, as the focus of the group, were doing and what you were up to? Of course not. You should really get out more and find something else to complain about. If you want to give shout outs get your own show. In the meantime, I'm here to read about Marcellas AND what's happening on HC, including any upcoming stuff I can hear about. Not to mention the more viewers the show gets the less chance it has of being cancelled after next year and we can ALL keep tuning in for "the information content" as you put it. Keep plugging Marcellas.

HEY MARCELLAS!!!

I have to say that I have just watched to episodes of House Calls. This is my first time watching, but I am already addicted. You and Gretchen are so cute together! I have to be sneaky in watching/listening when my boss isn't around, but I can't wait to see more. I especially want to see you and "Cappy" together after I heard you guys talking about it on yesterdays housecalls. You are too cute and I am excited to see more. Keep up the good work!

RE: Ivette's racism -

Basically she consistently is calling Kaysar 'osama', which shock of all shocks doesn't get CBS airtime ;).

She's a total racist and a poor representative for minorities be it latino or gay. I really wanted to give her and Beau a shot - I genuinely, honestly, truly really did. But what she did instead was prove that bigotry knows only the boundries we give it, and my lines got drawn when I started hearing her spew her hate and hypocrisy.

BTW, Marcellas, please give the previews, the person blathering about no shout-outs is digging for something to criticize as another person wrote before me.

how much is it like per minute? do they charge me if im on hold?

cuz i wanna gonna dial: 10-10-925-1-323-227-1000 but im worried it will be pricy and my dad will get mad.

Okay, I just finished watching housecalls from today and I feel so bad for poor Sarah. If you did'nt watch it yet, stop reading here

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SPOILER LINE~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First of all, every single caller that was on the show was downgrading James. Sarah having not seen any of the shows as of yet, and could not understand why everyone was being so mean about James. Then her Mom called in and all Sarah was looking for was a little bit of encouragement and maybe just a tiny bit of approval, yet her Mom just said that she will not talk on the air and will talk with her in private. You can totally see that Sarah looked so disappointed. The Her Dad called in and Sarah again was looking for something to grasp onto to make her feel better about James and Daddy let her down as well.

Why is everyone so down on James? I seem to remember this being a game. Every single person in this house has lied at one time or another. Why is James being made out to be this HUGE VILLAN?

I too was 2cheap2buy the feeds, but thought I could pull a fast one on Real by signing up for the free trial then cancelling. The fast one ended up being pulled on me because the 3 day trial was enough the get me hooked and rationalizing that it was only $24.99 for a couple of months of fun . . . damn those sneaky bastards at Real Player! :)

Anyway . . . even though I've only had the feeds for something like 6 days, the first time I heard James talk to Sarah I was SHOCKED. Everybody's talked about how he doesn't treat her well, and I've been reading the feeds, but you have to hear it to really appreciate how little respect he has for her thoughts and opinions. CBS hasn't shown any of that sort of talk at all - I mean, they've showed him saying some things, but those could have been game-related. When you hear the way he talks to her on the feeds, there's no excuse.

Her parents seemed really great in that segment they showed a couple of weeks ago - I do believe they're doing what's best for Sara by not just telling her what she is hoping to hear.

Guest nikthebrat

Oh, sheesh. More of poor, pitaful Sarah.

Umm, hello? She adores James first of all. She accepts how he talks to her. He doesn't hold a gun to head to be with him. Secondly, all she seems to do is cry and say she loves James. Good riddance!

As far as her looking for an ounce of encouragement? Oh, please. Learn to live on your own accord. Maybe her mom doesn't like the way she's living. Not saying I agree with this, but I know my mom would have a cow about me or one of sisters living with a boyfriend and not being married. Add into that being on TV and kissing him, and professing her love every 2 seconds, mom may have been having a hard time. Toss into the mix of Daddy's little girl...

It just kills me how Sarah has been portrayed to be the most innocent, undeserving, "sweetest little girl" on the planet. It makes me want to dry heave.

Oh, sheesh. More of poor, pitaful Sarah.

Umm, hello? She adores James first of all. She accepts how he talks to her. He doesn't hold a gun to head to be with him. Secondly, all she seems to do is cry and say she loves James. Good riddance!

As far as her looking for an ounce of encouragement? Oh, please. Learn to live on your own accord. Maybe her mom doesn't like the way she's living. Not saying I agree with this, but I know my mom would have a cow about me or one of sisters living with a boyfriend and not being married. Add into that being on TV and kissing him, and professing her love every 2 seconds, mom may have been having a hard time. Toss into the mix of Daddy's little girl...

It just kills me how Sarah has been portrayed to be the most innocent, undeserving, "sweetest little girl" on the planet. It makes me want to dry heave.

So abuse is ok? He does abuse her ya know.

Oh I see how it is Janelle Ummm I meam Tums, it's all about the mighty dollar and earning potential......

What about LOVE?

lol, fair enough. She loves him enormously, I'll give you that. He does not love her as much as she loves him; he isn't capable of it, imo. I'm just saying she could do much better, and should. He talks as though she should be grateful for his attentions, when it's not realistically so, at least while Sarah is her 20s.

Granted, we don't know how James is in the real world, but I imagine if he can be this bold knowing millions are watching, I almost shudder to think how he speaks to her when alone. I saw some very sincere moments between them, ones in which were very beautiful... but beauty only lasts for so long, it was definitely killed when he would tell her to "shut the f*ck up" every second and tell her "not to act like such a p*ssy". Some may debate he was under stress thus lacked the calm, I personally feel he lacks the class. Any guy would would be so friggen degrading isn't one worthy to spend time with. He needs to be pushed off his egotistical pedestal ( I am the male model whom women adore and thus can act like an ass), then maybe once he's knocked down to size he'll actually realize the value in all these women. They aren't pretty 'things' to be had, they are people to be cherished.

With regards to Sarah's 'acceptance' of this... we need to bear in mind she's still very immature. She's newly 8 years younger than he is, and has the habit of bad relationships. While she is totally in charge of her own life, capable to make her own decisions with regards to who she'll be with, she clearly lacks the stability... thus making her an easy target, easily someone whom one could take advantage of.

So abuse is ok? He does abuse her ya know.

Huh? When did you see or hear this. I think it has been pretty clear that she MAY have been in abusive relationships before, but she considers James to be her hero, and she has said many times in the past that he treats her like a Princess.

Were we watching different shows? He mentally and verbally abused her time after time. Mental and verbal abuse is every bit as bad if not worse than physical abuse. He manipulates her.

Guest JAMSHAM12

how would you know how james treats sarah outside of the house. there is a lot of stress in the game and he may of did that to relieve stress but he probably didnt mean it and i wanna see you ppl try to be in a house like that and get critized come on ppl. YOu just can judge a person like that unless you trully know them not judge them of how stressfull it is when a person is put in that situation

how would you know how james treats sarah outside of the house. there is a lot of stress in the game and he may of did that to relieve stress but he probably didnt mean it and i wanna see you ppl try to be in a house like that and get critized come on ppl. YOu just can judge a person like that unless you trully know them not judge them of how stressfull it is when a person is put in that situation

He talked terribly to her and about her. Even in the diary room where he did not have to "put on a show". It convinced her mom and dad and I don't blame them a bit. I hope they sit down with her and show her the tapes and give her a reality check.

Because.......they saw how James was treating Sarah. He acts as if he doesn't have ver much respect for James. He doesn't let her think for herself, tries to control her, always has something to say about what she eats and her weight, cuts her down, ect. He says and does little things here and there that you would only see if you watched the feeds, alot. James doesnt deserve Sarah. She is way to good for him.

Off to watch house calls. Thanks for sharing.

Guest JAMSHAM12

i dont know why everyone hates james. you dont even know the guy and would you like ppl commenting on your relationship so shut up abou. i dont think you want america to talk about your relationship with your partner. And i dont think sarah will listen to her mom or dad because she feels she really in love with james and i think james is too but doesnt want to show it on camera.

i dont know why everyone hates james. you dont even know the guy and would you like ppl commenting on your relationship so shut up abou. 

[undersmile] Well, you're clearly more articulate on the subject. [/undersmile]

i dont think you want america to talk about your relationship with your partner.

Indeed not. However, if I signed a contract to give up my privacy to be on a TV show, I would then expect my privacy to be diminished. And, if I choose to be unkind and verbally abusive to my partner on national TV, I would naturally have to face the very public consequences of that decision.

James is an adult; he made a choice, and I'm certain he can handle the implications of his choice.