House Calls / Town Hall / Marcellas and Gretchen

bdr

Thank you! Thank you! My feelings exactly. I love the show, I love Marcellas but on Friday's show he took it way to low - Who he would DO - sick!!! You might as well say the F word.

Marcellas if you read this please clean up your act. I dont mind you saying who you think is hot - but not who you would DO. You said on a show that Beau is hurting the gay man - Marcellas you are hurting gay men too.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me say that House Calls is supposed to be irreverent and funny. It should feel like talk radio. Because we are on the internet we can go farther than other shows. We don't. I think G & I do a very good job of walking that very fine line. We avoid crude language. We avoid profanity though we don't have to because it's the internet! House Calls is about me. It is about Gretchen. We are the hosts of the show. It's the same as when on "Regis and Kelly Live", Reeg talks about his wife and Kelly talks about her kids. People care about the hosts! It's a talk show not a news show. A big part of why we were hired and why people tune in is to see us and hear our opinions. Whether you agree with them or not. You have a problem with me saying "do"? Honey don't click on the feeds which Julie also pushes every 2 secs! The language that is tossed around in the BB6 house by those people shocks even the most liberal person. So if you wanna complain about me, ONE TIME saying who I WOULD DO please go wider. Complain about Howie's grossness on the show. Complain about Eric using the f-word every moment. Complain about South Park. Complain about computer games & their violence & sexuality. Complain about rap music. Complain about the evening news. Complain about music videos. Complain about corporate America advertising @ Christian rock concerts. Complain about the L.A. humidity making me too shiny. But don't complain because on a show where my job is to entertain, I made a joke that for no other reason than it was about 2 MEN HAVING SEX, you found offensive. and for the record, Gretchen went there about me 2 weeks ago when my magazine cover came out! Did you complain then? & did you watch "The H.C." last year? MY whole schtick was about "doing" almost all the men in the house! It's also funny that you joined my forum @ marcellasreynolds.com on the 28th and your 1st post was a slam about me and my sexuality. Hmmm... Not so thinly veiled hidden agenda, maybe?

So now you know House Calls is PG. Don't let your kids watch it. Or let your kids watch because it could start an open and honest dialogue about sex, race, religion, politics and the myriad other issues that are discussed daily and freely on House Calls: The Big Brother Talk Show.

I wonder if people would be just as upset if it were a girl saying which other girl she would like to do? Probably not, as often on this site alone the thought of Sarah and Janelle "getting it on" has been mentioned and favoured. We tolerate so much from eachother, but the moment a male says something about another male, people shrink back. it's pretty sad and hypocritical. It brings to light though how a woman's homosexuality is more accepted than a males. When it's women, it's sexy... when it's men, it's sick. That double standard makes me sick.

Personally Marcellas, I'd like to see you get it on with Will from last year. =P

You go Marcellus... I agree that if you are watching the feeds and you are more afraid that your kids will hear Marcellus say he would DO one of the guys then something is wrong... Howie is always talking about booies and asses... Others are always saying the f word... some of the racist things that have come out of some of their mouths... Goodness I would much rather my grandchildren hear the words I would do him... They don't know what that means at least...

Please grow up....OMG everytime I think I've heard or seen it all...someone posts something like this...reading between the lines I agree..it's not the show you have the problem with, it's Marcellas sexuality...He Likes MEN...and he talks about DOING men....just like alot of us women joke around about DOING certain MEN...Speaking of I would do Kaysar...and Michael....not Howie, he would have me laughing to much...But I would definitly DO Kaysar..oh my I said it again...

The thing I find the funniest is this is the internet! I can't log on or open my mailbox without seeing graphic and ugly things. You close it and move on. Exactly the same thing with House Calls (though we aren't graphic or ugly). LOL!

You don't like me, don't watch. You don't like the format, get your own web show. But be truthful about what your problem is.

I agree Marcellas. As a fat girl though I can relate. When we talk about our sexuality ppl usually chime in and say it's gross (ie, if Rosanne were to talk about who she would "do" guys would be all over her saying how sick of a thought that is.... if it were Carmen Electra saying who she would "do", no guy would have a problem). It seems to me that unless you're a skinny female talking about who you would do (male or another female), it just isn't sexy. It's almost as though we're in a sub human group all of our own. It's too bad we're such a visual society (I say this as an absolute hypocrite, just look at my avatar) that we automatically see the surface of people in everything they speak or suggest, that we can't just accept them as fellow humans, each with the same wants/desires.

Guest ValleyGirl

No offense but since when has BB been considered a "family show"? LOL With all the hookups and whatnot that go on in the BB house. And if something comes on the tv or radio or internet that your kids shouldn't hear why not just promptly turn it off? Problem solved.

Speaking of I would do Kaysar...and Michael....not Howie, he would have me laughing to much...But I would definitly DO Kaysar..oh my I said it again...

LOL! I think I'd DO K too. Oops now I'm saying it... ;)

Marcellas thank you for speaking out. I think you and G are hilarious.

I have to say, that if you don't like their show, don't watch it. I truly watch Housecalls because I love the views of Marcellas and Gretchen. They are not fake like some of the hosts of other reality tv shows.

So... Please stop being a hater people!!!

Oh, by the way, my son watches BB with my husband and I, and he always comments on how Beau talks funny. I think you are right in saying that he puts a bad connotation on being gay. I swear he is a wannabe Marcellas, with an emphasis on wannabe.

Now mind you, my son is exposed to the many gay friends my husband and I have. In fact I was a surrogate for a set of friends that were two great men (together for 15 years) that wanted a baby, so he knows what gay is, but hasn't met any gay friends that are like the way Beau is being portrayed. (on a side note the same-sex daddies are the best daddies their little girl could have!!!)

I feel bad for others that are not part of the gay community that think he may be the "norm" of being homosexual.

P.S. Marcellas, you are FABULOUS!!!!! and Gretchen - Congrats on being engaged!!!

Guest Nokia
Let me say that House Calls is supposed to be irreverent and funny. It should feel like talk radio. Because we are on the internet we can go farther than other shows. We don't. I think G & I do a very good job of walking that very fine line. We avoid crude language. We avoid profanity though we don't have to because it's the internet! House Calls is about me. It is about Gretchen. We are the hosts of the show. It's the same as when on "Regis and Kelly Live", Reeg talks about his wife and Kelly talks about her kids. People care about the hosts! It's a talk show not a news show. A big part of why we were hired and why people tune in is to see us and hear our opinions. Whether you agree with them or not. You have a problem with me saying "do"? Honey don't click on the feeds which Julie also pushes every 2 secs! The language that is tossed around in the BB6 house by those people shocks even the most liberal person. So if you wanna complain about me, ONE TIME saying who I WOULD DO please go wider. Complain about Howie's grossness on the show. Complain about Eric using the f-word every moment. Complain about South Park. Complain about computer games & their violence & sexuality. Complain about rap music. Complain about the evening news. Complain about music videos. Complain about corporate America advertising @ Christian rock concerts. Complain about the L.A. humidity making me too shiny. But don't complain because on a show where my job is to entertain, I made a joke that for no other reason than it was about 2 MEN HAVING SEX, you found offensive. and for the record, Gretchen went there about me 2 weeks ago when my magazine cover came out! Did you complain then?  & did you watch "The H.C." last year? MY whole schtick was about "doing" almost all the men in the house! It's also funny that you joined my forum @ marcellasreynolds.com on the 28th and your 1st post was a slam about me and my sexuality. Hmmm... Not so thinly veiled hidden agenda, maybe?

So now you know House Calls is PG. Don't let your kids watch it. Or let your kids watch because it could start an open and honest dialogue about sex, race, religion, politics and the myriad other issues that are discussed daily and freely on House Calls: The Big Brother Talk Show.

Marcelles, this is my first post ever. I joined becasue i wanted to send you this message. I watched and loved you on BB. I have been reading things people have said to you and your response. I think you are funny. I believe that some of the things you say does tether on the edge, but is done in the spirt of humour. I am not surprised some people are offended. Some people will always be offended no matter what....just can't please everyone. The way you choose to respond to criticisn is often disappointing. I know you are not a seasoned pro at this yet and will grow into your maturity and professionalism. I think your major area for growth is "grace". You should learn to be more gracious. Your responses are often defensive, argumentative and petty. You sometimes go on the attack. You thank people who support you and "cuss" out those who don't. You are the host and should try to remain at an elevated level but your responses sometimes diminish your content as a person. It is wise to understand that public personas will always be attacked and being black and gay, you may receive more attacks than those who aren't. Try not to take things so personal even though they most likely are. Rise above it because you are where you are and they are not. What would u prefer, to be ignored or to be acknowledged even if it is negative criticism? As a public person, most would prefer the attention. Unfortunately we can't always be ourselves as we strive to "make it", we have to "play the gave". Don't think for one moment that you are not being watch by others in the entertainment feild and not just CBS. If a role should come up, you may be consider, but then if you display too much catiness and temperament, u may be deemed unsuitable. Everything about you is great except for the way in which you deal with negative criticism. Be nice!. I think you could go far in the entertainment field in terms of your personality, but you should address your character flaws and not let them pull you down. The tendency to defend yourself does not showcase your beauty or self confidence. You are funny and likeable. I love your jokes, but u must try to endear people to yourself, not alienate them. You should also not give such lengthy response...make is short, gracious and simple, even the negative ones. Keep the mistique....people don't have to learn everything about the way you think and your viewpoints etc......All the best!

No offense but since when has BB been considered a "family show"? LOL  With all the hookups and whatnot that go on in the BB house. And if something comes on the tv or radio or internet that your kids shouldn't hear why not just promptly turn it off? Problem solved.
Speaking of I would do Kaysar...and Michael....not Howie, he would have me laughing to much...But I would definitly DO Kaysar..oh my I said it again...

LOL! I think I'd DO K too. Oops now I'm saying it... ;)

Marcellas thank you for speaking out. I think you and G are hilarious.

I agree. It is not a family show as David and Amanda showed us in what was it season 4?! My 11 year old watches it with me, but if a sex scene were to occur, he would have to turn away. Plus, my favorite show is Friends, and they say SEX instead of doing someone, sooooooooooooooo just use common sense.

CheshireJessica... I agree with everything you've said.

Now mind you, my son is exposed to the many gay friends my husband and I have. In fact I was a surrogate for a set of friends that were two great men (together for 15 years) that wanted a baby, so he knows what gay is, but hasn't met any gay friends that are like the way Beau is being portrayed. (on a side note the same-sex daddies are the best daddies their little girl could have!!!) 

I have to say that I commend you. I have many gay friends that I would do the same for in a heartbeat.

Guest Jillio

Marcellas is hilarious! He doesn't even have to say anything and he looks so fun to be around. He exudes happiness in my opinion. I am thankful for housecalls because he knows more about the show than Julie and The Early Show and will ask the questions WE want to know the answers to. Who cares about sexual orientation? Marcellas is the bomb!!

Guest Ms Alucard
I wonder if people would be just as upset if it were a girl saying which other girl she would like to do? Probably not, as often on this site alone the thought of Sarah and Janelle "getting it on" has been mentioned and favoured. We tolerate so much from eachother, but the moment a male says something about another male, people shrink back. it's pretty sad and hypocritical. It brings to light though how a woman's homosexuality is more accepted than a males. When it's women, it's sexy... when it's men, it's sick. That double standard makes me sick.

Personally Marcellas, I'd like to see you get it on with Will from last year.  =P

I don't think I would like to hear a talkshow host of either sex or sexual presuation go on and on about who they want to have sex with, but that is just kind of Marcellas' character and campy appeal, just like Howie has been the house pervert. I thought Martcellas said he wasn't attracted to any of the men in the house, but I guess he changed his mind!

OMG, I cannot believe some of these responses to HC's, and Marcella's remark...and a post stating that his replys were always too long, unbelievable, since that response was long....

It bothers me to hear all the bad language and sex talk on BB live feeds. But is that going to stop me from watching, "no." And just because I might not agree with Marcella's choice of mates, that doesn't mean that I do not enjoy or will stop watching him and G. If he is out in the open and is attracted to another man, then there is no harm in expressing it. He could have been more explicive, but Marcellas used a lot of taste.

Marcellas keep up the good work and stop reading these negative remarks. I enjoy HC, and yours and G opinions. And we know that there will always be a sour grape in the mix, that's why they watch your show and read your post just to stir up trouble.

WOW -- I was hoping eric would see how he was preceived by coming to the boards, but after that interview (particularly part 2 callers) he should have a clear picture. how did he pass the psych test? who made him the moral compass? he really believes his own shit! Marcellas pulled no punches. I cant wait til the town hall, after eric has really digested everything and has gone back to the firehouse. Should be interesting.

Guest Katarina
Americans are such prudes. 

I love you, Marcellas!

LOL! So true!

I love you too, Marcellas....you rock!