House Calls / Town Hall / Marcellas and Gretchen

bdr

Guest ericfanny
ok, i did think it was terribly amusing when marcellas hung up on the caller who accused gretchen and marc of being very one sided on their little show....

however, it was perplexing that immediately after he hung up on the caller, gretchen said please call and we value all your opinions.....i like to see the show for the viewers comments who call in, not gretchen and marcellas'.

Exactly. Marcellas didn't even get the lady a chance to finish her sentence. I like Gretchen but Marcellas needs to take some valium. Marcellas does tend to be one-sided and like he is Mr. Perfect and knows how to play the game...Yea Right! That is why he didn't use the Veto! and got voted off!

Anyways got side-tracked. This year it seems like it is more scripted not as open as last year. Marcellas really needed to apologize sincerely to that lady. They ask for people to call in with their "opinions" and then to be rudely hung-up on. Come-on! Marcellas was acting like he was so wounded by her comments. Give me a break! He did say those things. We don't know him personally. So how do we know if he really meant them or not.LOL

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't use the veto and got voted off week 10. Let's see if Eric manages to stay that long. I wasn't stupid. I'd say I was emotional and I was niave and trusted the wrong people. I had a very good grasp of that game. It's one of the reasons I was asked to be the host of House Calls.

I spend countless hours as a producer of House Calls obsessing about the tone and direction of a show that I am passionate about. That caller on Friday's show was disrespectful. First she says "How are you? Don't answer that. I was told I had to hurry." Don't call The H.C. and try to control it. That is what G and I are paid to do. Then she admonishes me for saying Kaysar should have slapped Ivette. Well anyone who watches House Calls, BB or knows me knows that was a joke and was taken out of context! I was insulted. & you don't insult me. I'm not even going to address "one-sided" coverage of Eric. Please. G & I always try to be courteous to callers. We love it when people call in and disagree with us. Watch past episodes and you will see that. We look forward to all opinions about all things BB. We may learn something and we love being wrong! It's fun!

I have fans and I have detractors. That's cool. But unless I directly have ever disrespected you (or met you), remember I'm the host of a talk show, a funny, irreverent SHOW. No meaningful insights will be gleaned. It's just entertainment. And I am simply trying to entertain.

Guest ranster627

Welcome to Morty's Marcellas ... my take on things is whether they are fans, superfans, or even detractors, as long as people are talking about you and your show, you are an unqualified success in my book!

I look forward to reading more insights from you on our Forums!

:roll: YAY FOR CENSORSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And how hypocritical for Gretchen to say afterwards "well that is what theis show is all about for people to have their own opinions" Yeah right they just can't express them.

At least Marcellas apologized and realized what a baby he was

Excuse me? It wasn't censorship. That woman was rude to me and she was way off base. If she wants to call and say she doesn't agree wth me or G, more power to her. There are ways to do that. But you do not call and admonish me. Or tell me not to respond to "How are you?"

And my apology was not to her. It was for losing my temper. It was for getting a bit ghetto. The caller owes me and the viewers an apology for calling in and wasting airtime. That call could have been someone with a valid point. A valid point agreeing or disagreeing with G & I. We (The entity known as Gretchellas) welcome each.

Oh and Nebartist I remember you from bb5bbq. You had a crazy problem with me there and I see you moved here to work your agenda. That's sad. You don't know me. I never did anything to you. I've asked you before to lay off me. I would appreciate it if you did.

M

Welcome to Morty's Marcellas ... my take on things is whether they are fans, superfans, or even detractors, as long as people are talking about you and your show, you are an unqualified success in my book!

I look forward to reading more insights from you on our Forums!

I just found Morty's! I was chatting @ another site and someone said you guys have great coverage of Big Brother! From what I have seen the recappers and posters are on! I'm glad to be here!

I'll be posting! You know me, I got soooooo much to say!

Thanks!

M

Guest jimmydot

if it really you M I hope when king eric leaves you ask him about how it feels to be the most hated player in BB history....

ps just love the show housecalls.......

Gingersnaps.

You can go to http://www.cbs.com/primetime/bigbrother6/i...ap=11175&cat=63 and see it for yourself. It was the show last Friday. I applaud Marcelles for being himself and if someone talked to me that way,,, well hanging up is not really that bad!!

Thank you! I mean really! Am I supposed to sit there & listen to someone rant about me and not respond? Ridic!

M

I think everyone understands why he hung up on her. There is only so much time to get everything in. You can't waste 5 minutes arguing with someone.

That brings me to another question. Last year wearn't the shows with the evicted houseguests an hour long?

Guest DraftKing
Thank you!  I mean really!  Am I supposed to sit there & listen to someone rant about me and not respond?  Ridic!

You definitely have a responsibility as a host to keep the show moving. If a caller is being rude/confrontational, particularly if there isn't a compelling point behind it, there's no sense in allowing the rant to continue.

Plus, as a host, if you allow one caller to run over you, that only encourages that behavior out of others.

yah i dont always agree with marcellas. hes way too opinionated. but i love the show anyways. i wish i had fees to understand it more though. i hope marcellas gave that man in the army dvds and autographs!!

hey marcellas...i was totally cheering u on in bb.

Is that really marcellas?

Also .. can people email housecalls to ask a question? I have to work during the day and can't call in .. but I'd like the chance to ask a question at some point ...

Does anyone know?

Guest DraftKing
if it really you M I hope when king eric leaves you ask him about how it feels to be the most hated player in BB history....

I hope Eric is asked if he felt hypocritical to ask to feel Jenn's breasts in the hot tub (the night of the infamous incident with Michael), both from the aspect of him being a "family man" and from him preaching against sexual harassment.

hey marcellas...what are your thoughts on james? i love him and think hes HOTTT...but everyone thinks he a weasel and mean to sarah, what do u think?

Hi Marcellas!

This Friday coming up will be the first time I watch the show - didn't know you were on it.

I just hope the interview with Eric (if he does get evicted) won't be Eric singing the praises of Eric the whole time! I think everyone has heard enough of that. lol

Hey there Marcellas,I thought your show on Friday was good.Keep up the good work.Do you guys or have you ever had it so that ppl can email questions to you on HC?My husband would kill me if I called the show to ask a question....lol

Well @ this point we don't know if Eric is going so... But I do think Eric has some explaining to do.

We stopped the emails because the callers were more entertaining. You can email me @ the forums @ my website and it could make the show!

M

I like James.  I do think he is playing the weasel game.  We talked about that when I interviewed him before the show. 

I think he has a hot body too... LOL!

hehe I think his body so ATTRACTIVE!! Im pretty sure he plucks his eyebrows though. His interview was the only person's interview i actually finished..he was so funny. I loved his comment about never being a cult. And I couldnt stop laughing at the end when he gave the camera the middle finger and said something like, "Thanks for the money". LOL!!!!

I CANNOT wait for Eric to be on House Calls..............I would love for him to know that CBS can edit the BB show all they want to make people look one way or another, however, the livefeeds cannot be edited and I think we have seen Eric for what he is. I understand that Marcellas can't really tell Eric that most who have the Live Feeds and/or read the updates find him to be horrid!!!! Or can you? :wink: :wink:

Oh and I really really really hope it is you Marcellas! I have watched HouseCalls since day one! Love it!!!! :D

Hey Marcellas,

I was thinking of you this weekend when Kaysar blew the house away with his plan and I can't wait till Monday to see your reaction to how things went down. Plus, I did enjoy the moment yesterday when all the guests were sitting around relaxing and talking and they gave the producers a round of applause I thought that was the nicest moment I have ever seen in the Big Brother house. Of course, 20 minutes later they're ready to tear each other apart! Keep your opinions coming I love them and I will see you and gretchen on Monday on House Calls!