House Calls / Town Hall / Marcellas and Gretchen

bdr

I watched most of it and it wasn't satisfying. Ivette took the brunt of the criticism, Marc was actually comforting them and pretty much saying they needed to be excused because of the "crazyness" of the house. I wanted to see Maggie have to defend her actions, not Ivette, I've already heard her do that plenty...I had to go about 5 mins before it ended...and up till then it didn't happen :(

It also irked me to hear Maggie say, one more time, that Ivette going with her to the end was a "crapshoot", even though she knows that's not true. During that "Bashing Ivette for a vote weekend" Maggie spent with April, April not only told her (M) she had her (A) vote, she also told her she would campaign for her at the jury house...Ivette asked Maggie TWICE when they were alone in the house, if April had promised her her vote and Maggie answered "NO" both times...but, as far as I saw, nobody called her on that infront of Ivette on the Housecalls show :angry:

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a small town hall, with only 4 HG showing up, Maggie, Ivette, James and Janelle.

When Maggie got out to the parking lot, she was so excited to see the world. Ivette said it was hard getting back. She had to think how to use a phone and doesn't feel ready to drive yet. Janelle says it is great talking to people again.

James said it was amazing to see Sarah and it was hard to sit across from each other. They were warned ahead he could not run to her, so when Julie let him it was terrific.

Maggie had her Boyfriend and her parents there. Ivette had Tush (sans curls) the worm (momma) and big poppa. Janelle's best friend was there, and James best friend since 11. James' mother was in North Dakota on a mission teaching Sou Indian kids. His sister had to stay home to watch the nieces. The person who was supposed to go into the hosue was a coworker, and definately not a best friend.

Caller: Do you have any interest in pursuing TV outside of the house?

Maggie said she has no interest in TV ever again; she is returning to the ER. Ivette said that Tush wants them to go on the Amazing Race. Janelle said she wouldn't pursue it but wouldn't rule it out. James says the only thing that is important is spending tim with Sarah.

I should say, everyone is kind of subdued, including Marcellas, which might be explained by their not having gotten much sleep since the Finale.

The next caller tells Janelle she is loved, and to Maggie and Ivette that they played a great game. Ivette was asked if knowing what she knows now she would make the same alliances, and Ivette said that knowing some people's true nature, and knowing the nature of the other side, she would have done things differently.

Third caller congratulates everyone, tells Janelle she is loved, but James was her favorite player. Then asks if James changed his game to becoming devious after Sarah was evicted. James said he was initially loyal to Eric, then I went to the other side and Maggie and her minions did a good job getting them to put me up and then it was all out. It was all about staying in as long as I could and make as many pay.

Maggie said it was hard to hear bad things about Eric, and that people do not realize they are people, and negative comments affect feelings. A lot of times you got your feelings hurt, but you had to keep playing. Marcellas notes that her alliance did a great deal of bashing. Who hurt your feelings? Maggie said she was fortunate that the bashing was not done to her face as far as personal blows. She could not care about what happened behind her back.

Marcellas said with the 24x7 feeds, including the HoH, everything the Friendship said went out there. You don't know what the other side said, but let's speak specifically to what your side said. Maggie wants Marcellas to list what was said and Marcellas is reluctant to go there.

We go to a caller who says Janelle played an incredible game and Gretchen accidentally cut her off.

The next call tells Janelle and James are loved. Congrats Maggie and Ivette but asks James if he would play both sides again. James said he had complete loyalty to Eric and Howie and both turned on him. Janes give credit to good manipulators for turning Howie against him.

Marcellas asks how it feels to hear Janelle and James get so much love. He explains that Ivette and Maggie supporters are not being screened out. Ivette says America did not see how she was provoked in the house. She says she never got called out for lying in the house and that meant a lot to her.

Marcellas says if you know you can fly off the handle, then you know you can pull yourself back. A lot of people found "going cuban" to be an offensive comment. Ivette said it was done once, but not constantly, but everyone hangs on to that one thing. Being loud is part of her culture, and hard to break out of, part of her personality.

The next caller congratulates Maggie and James and asks if she will return to nursing. Maggie said she loves the stress of nursing. That is her passion. The next caller calls in for Ivette and lets her know she has supporters from day one. She played with honesty and integrity, and said what you thought up front. Ivette says thank you. The caller says she also loved Maggie, James and Janelle.

Gretchen describes how people become emotionally involved with the HG. All the HG have huge groups of supporters. Janelle asked if it was true there were hate groups for the Nerd Herd. Gretchen said there were hate groups for everyone. Marcellas said they will get over it. Three years out, it was a crazy learning experience about yourself. Maggie said no one was perfect; everyone has things to look back on.

Ivette says she cares only what her family and Tush says. Marcellas says that Ivette's mom may have a problem with her not taking Janelle but Ivette said the only bad thing was that her mom was watching live feeds.

The next caller said Janelle would have won if it was up to America's Choice. He then asks why Ivette told Maggie about Janelle's offer. She says she knew she was playing for 2nd, and wasn't going to break her word. Maggie says it was a crap shoot, but Ivette said she is realistic and knew how the cards would layout.

Marcellas asks why not get Maggie out of the house. If Maggie is clear cut the the winner, than she needs to go. They were making decisions based on their feelings for her. Ivette said she recognized she was not a good player in this game, she was too emotional. Ivette is convinced that The Friendship would have voted for Janelle if she and Ivette were in the final.

Ivette said that Janelle could have exposed that Ivette threw the competition. Marcellas said no one would have known who was telling the truth. Ivette said she just could not do that.

Next caller congratulates Ivette. Says she will see her soon, so maybe an aquaintance. Ivette thinks she knows her. James is asked who he would have voted for, James or Janelle and says Janelle is the favorite HG ever. James said it depended on how they got there. Ivette blew away Janelle on the final competitions, so she would have had her vote. Anyone who beat Janelle would have had his vote.

Janelle gets another shout out, along with Kaysar. James is asked who besides Sarah he would have picked. James says he doesn't want to get in trouble with Sarah and says he would have picked her. Then says he would have gone in with Kaysar or Janelle. They could have done amazing together.

Marcellas asks the question of the others. Maggie would pick Rachel because she played a strong game. They played similar games and talked a lot in the beginning about being alike. Ivette chose not to comment. Janelle picked James or Michael because they were physical and smart.

The next caller asks Maggie if James gave her ideas of becoming a celebrity cop like Shaq. Maggie said she got a lot of amusement from James on that. Another caller asked Janie if she knew yet that the night she dreamt of a hurricane, an actual hurricane hit Miami. Janelle didn't know, and the HG have only just heard reports about Katrina. She did dream she won HoH in a purple shirt and it came true.

Maggie asked if they talked about Ivette's dreams and Ivette said no, they only talked about bad things about her. Ivette reminds Marcellas that she told him that what she would tell the HG is see them at the end.

The next caller adores Janelle and asks James how hard it was to be in sequestor and away form Sarah. It was nice to be outside of the house where there was no more bashing of her, but all gloves were off and she got to say what he wanted.

Janelle says she got scraped when she took a pillow off a wasted Beau's bed and handlers had to pull him away. James said Beau was holding himself up against the wall and saying, Hold me back! It was pretty pathetic. Beau called her a f$cking whore.

The next caller loved Janelle and that she lost her voice cheering for her. Maggie was asked about enjoying being the center of attention and can you make real friends when you are hiding who you are. Maggie said it was not her strategy, but when they first entered she was intimidated by all the animated personalities. It felt more comfortable to be entertained instead of entertaining.

Marcellas asks how much of her game was actually manipulating people. Maggie said she thought she was not a manipulator. She was asked her opinion and she gave it, but others did the same and were not seen as manipulative. Marcellas says Maggie told Jennifer she was the leader of the alliance, which Maggie denies. Then she remembers mimmic what others were seeing about her. That if she was being seen as the leader, Jen shouldn't be getting the credit for evicting Kaysar.

The next caller asked Janelle is she going to still see Michael. Before Janelle can answer, Gretchen brings Michael on the phone. Janelle blushes. Gretchen says we can't have a daytime phone sex session. Michael congratulates Maggie and thanks James for sticking up for him, one of the first HG to do so. They are partying tonight.

Marcellas asks how hard was it to deal with it in the house. Maggie says she doesn't even know what the public perception is yet. Marcellas asks if Maggie really wants Michael to be the bearer of news. Janelle tells Michael that Maggie wants to know what America thinks of them. Ivette says she already got an earful from Tush. Maggie clarifies how HE did getting out.

Michael says the feedback was positive and that he would not want to be in Jennifer and April's shoes because they lied. It was despicable. He goes on to say that people loved everyone, especially the Soveriegn and Maggie since she won.

The next caller says America loves Maggie and Ivette. America was rooting for Maggie and Ivette at her son's football games. The final caller says she didn't like any of the Sovereign Six.

Fuskie

Who notes that HouseCalls will be back next Monday with more on the HG and maybe more throughout the Winter...

Thank you so much for this play by play of today's House Call show. I am not able to watch it.

Please post them like this for future shows. I was wondering if CBS had transcripts I would read of the show - this is the same - great - thanks again!

Marcellas was on Jokers today and said he was threatened with his job if he told them the truth about what people thought of them. He also said they screened the calls so that it wouldn't hurt the "friendships" feelings. ..maybe they were afraid that Maggie and Ivette would break down...but at least they have some clue how stupid they were to think we couldn't see what they did and said not only to the SOV but also against each other. Some "friendship" .....NOT! :rolleyes:

I stopped watching House Calls the 2nd week Couldn't take Marcellas anymore. They need to get someone on there willing to talk about the game instead of making it a bash fest day after day. Marcellas could take a lesson from Richard Hatch on how to host an itnernet talk show. He showed the survivors respect, he might not always liked the way they played the game but he kept it to that...the game. Perhaps next season they need to make HC only twice a week. Seems like Gretchen and Marcellas can't fill 5 days a week discussing the game

I stopped watching House Calls the 2nd week Couldn't take Marcellas anymore. They need to get someone on there willing to talk about the game instead of making it a bash fest day after day. Marcellas could take a lesson from Richard Hatch on how to host an itnernet talk show. He showed the survivors respect, he might not always liked the way they played the game but he kept it to that...the game. Perhaps next season they need to make HC only twice a week. Seems like Gretchen and Marcellas can't fill 5 days a week discussing the game

I can't belive I'm in total agreement with you. It really bugged me how he talked trash about HG then would almost kiss their ass when he finally had them on the show. I know CBS required him to have some civility to HG when they are on the show but he could have that same civilty and objectivity when they are not on too. IMO he acted just like the HG's he "called out" on his show. He needs to realize he's a Host and not a cheerleader for his favorite team....

I can't belive I'm in total agreement with you. It really bugged me how he talked trash about HG then would almost kiss their ass when he finally had them on the show. I know CBS required him to have some civility to HG when they are on the show but he could have that same civilty and objectivity when they are not on too. IMO he acted just like the HG's he "called out" on his show. He needs to realize he's a Host and not a cheerleader for his favorite team....

you're right, he's a hypocrite...not just that, he just talks entirely too much and goes off subject way too often.

he'll be great person to do a gossip column or a blog, but hosting a show is NOT his forte

but i may tune in depending on who they have on the show, even though I know he'll make me mad

Are you serious!? Marcellas is awesome! He is the reason I watch House Calls.

Oh, wait a second....that's right! You are that one who has the personal vendetta against Marcellas Neb....now I get it. Get over it already! Whatever it is!

Geesh!

Orange-tic-tac-chick. :rolleyes:

Are you serious!? Marcellas is awesome! He is the reason I watch House Calls.

Oh, wait a second....that's right! You are that one who has the personal vendetta against Marcellas Neb....now I get it. Get over it already! Whatever it is!

Geesh!

Orange-tic-tac-chick. :rolleyes:

u need to get over the fact people don't awlays agree with you...Marcellas is the reason u watch, the reason I don't

Then don't watch.

I just find it odd that whenever there is a moment for you to bash Marcellas you do. Maybe you are the one who needs to get over it. I remember you bashing him last year during BB5 for heaven's sake!

Then don't watch.

I just find it odd that whenever there is a moment for you to bash Marcellas you do. Maybe you are the one who needs to get over it. I remember you bashing him last year during BB5 for heaven's sake!

read my post again

I stopped watching House Calls the 2nd week Couldn't take Marcellas anymore

and really my post was pretty tame.

G & I are thrilled to be continuing House Calls. You may notice Richard Hatch was replaced after one season of Survivor Live. Gretchen & I are thrilled to announce we have signed on for THE NEXT 2 SEASONS! Because of the fans we are the top-rated show on CBS.com. That includes Survior Live and Soapbox. Soapbox's top rate show? The day I called in to talk about my 1st epi of The Bold & The Beautiful. I just want to thank you all for your support. Even my detractors! The more you bash it it seems the more people watch!

• 2 weeks later...

EXTENDED BY POPULAR DEMAND

Fans can't get enough of HOUSE CALLS: the live talk show hosted by Gretchen Massey and Marcellas Reynolds. The door may have closed on the BIG BROTHER 6 house, but by popular demand, Gretchen and Marcellas are still here for you every Monday, ready to take your calls, make you laugh and give you a head start on your TV-watching week.

The special guest this Monday, October 3, is BB6 Blonde Bombshell Janelle, aka Brainy Janey, who will call in to chat with Gretchen, Marcellas and you about all things blonde: Do blondes have more fun? Did being blonde work to Janelle's advantage in the BB6 house? Call in and join the fun with your own questions, comments and thoughts on blondeness for Janelle and our irrepressible hosts.

Kick off each week with Gretchen and Marcellas on HOUSE CALLS, webcast live every Monday at 1pm et/10am pt, only on CBS.com.

Find out more about House Calls.

i think while the show was still promising actual answers to fans' questions everyone (that actually is) watching housecalls wanted them to continue with the show well after BB6 went off, but for how many weeks are people going to look on for gretchen/marcellas rehasing using/not using the BB3 veto?

Guest ranster627
It just doesn't matter till they have Chicken George on.

I am another "original fan" and I couldn't agree more!

If you did not get a chance to catch House Calls live today, be sure to check it out later when they post it in the archive.

Some honesty, interesting tidbits & lighthearted conversation with Janelle.

I have some comments but I won't be a spoiler & let everyone get a chance to check it out. We know everyone will post what they think! In good spirit, HAPPY MONDAY!

Next week Howie will be live with Marcellas and Gretchen. I think I read also that he will be on The Fishbowl Friday as well.

I can't resist this where is April? Hiding & refusing to comment and/or no one wants to interview her?