Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Should be a close Challenge.

Christine seems to flick off everyone who she's had to face so far.

(BB fans - bet he'd feel a lot more confident if he was up against Lawon)

It'll be fun to watch......

Guest 6Borders

Totally idiotic move...UNLESS (and I agree 100% with Echo on production manipulation) Survivor promised Ozzie he was going to win the RI challenge, which I also believe 100% plus! Christine does not have a big fan base. Survivor needs a "big move" to justify bringing losers back for another try and the producers can play this one up until 3011 as "the biggest move in Survivor history". I don't think Ozzie would have been so eager to do this if he had not been all-but-guaranteed a come-back!

Totally idiotic move...UNLESS (and I agree 100% with Echo on production manipulation) Survivor promised Ozzie he was going to win the RI challenge, which I also believe 100% plus! Christine does not have a big fan base. Survivor needs a "big move" to justify bringing losers back for another try and the producers can play this one up until 3011 as "the biggest move in Survivor history". I don't think Ozzie would have been so eager to do this if he had not been all-but-guaranteed a come-back!

There is a lot of behind the scene stuff that happens that we never ever will know. Yet, I don't think the producers go quite that far as to actually rig it so that one person will win (Ozzy), but I do beleive they can setup a competition that is to his advantage based on his skills. Hard to say what producers discussed with Ozzy when the cameras weren't rolling, but I suspect they encouraged him to take the risk, and a good chance they strongly hinted that that there would be a merge if he did win. The risk is a huge game move, which is good for ratings, good for Ozzy if he can win on RI, which I give him an 85% advantage. Everthing we see from the very first episode is based on the editors knowing who wins survivor, and everything else inbetween. If Christine were to have won the RI competition, they would have edit the the most recent episode very very very differently, they would have edited to make Ozzy appear as the a damn fool duped into going to RI by Cohran (and others), and forshadowing his self-destruction. Instead they edit the episode in such manner that audience wants to see him win at RI. From rating perspective (which is the bottoline) it would down right dumb make the audeience cheer for Ozzy to win, knowing in advance he goes to RI and looses. Everything we see watch is about manipuation of both the survivors and the audience; the audience is manipulated to so that the like the outcome of what the editors already happened (ie they spin it) smile.gif

I prefer to believe that Ozzy's choice was made without any thought to manipulation of the game by production.

Knowing Ozzy's skills and also having seen a bit from Christine, I would still put my money on Ozzy in any individual competition between them.

It seems like the only competitions he could lose are those which have a high luck factor.

Ozzy was right about what he said concerning having the numbers at the merge.

Given that it is such a big deal, his tribe should send their best champion, which is him. Logical.

As a bonus, if he makes it to the end, he can use his willingness to step up to go to Redemption Island in order to gain votes.

On the downside, which isn't much of one, if he can't beat Christine in a one-on-one competition, how could he hope to fare later in the game? He probably feels that if he gets beat at Redemption, he never had a chance of making it all the way anyway.

Bold move!

Bold - perhaps. DUMB - definitely. Why take that kind of chance? I will laugh my arse off if the merge doesn't happen this week!

I prefer to believe that Ozzy's choice was made without any thought to manipulation of the game by production.

I do feel of all the reality shows, Survivor is likely to have the highest ethical standards as to how much production influence should be injected into the game. And in past seasons, I think the producers have allowed popular players fail knowing that less interesting players will dominate the post merge. So I truly don't think they stack the deck too heavily in favor of popular players, but I do believe there is some influence that is hidden from the audience. And its not influence that's going to be obvious to the players, its not like the producers discuss with Ozzy their plans or provide him information that can be used to his advantage.

My basic theory is: Survivor has casting formula that includes 4 people as having high potentional of being the sole survivor, all the rest are added for the purpose of creating conflict\drama because of their individual quirkiness and personality flaws. The primary 4 have core skills and personally that would make each a popular winner with the audience, and over the 39 days the odds are high that one of the 4 will make it to the final 2, and win. However, there are past seasons where all 4 were eliminated before getting to the final vote, the two people sitting there were unpopular.

If Ozzy's speech wasn't over the top, and so the other team didn't smell a rat, would Cochran definitely turned on his team? I know he was thinking of it but it seemed that Coach calling out exactly what had gone on that seemed to push him over the edge on that plan.

The only thing I don't get about their strategy is, well, actually, I don't get a lot. #1, why vote Rick? why not vote a strong player?? #2, why give the idol to Whitney?? Give it to a strong player! #3, how could you really think that treating someone like crap for however many days and calling him names and whatnot wouldn't make him want to flip sides? cripes

Scuba I totally agree with you. Why Rick and Whitney. And they have been horrible to Cochran, who I like a lot. Ozzy just said way too much and no one blieved him.

I think that the moment he doesn't win immunity...he'll be voted out for his "story".

The only thing I don't get about their strategy is, well, actually, I don't get a lot. #1, why vote Rick? why not vote a strong player?? #2, why give the idol to Whitney?? Give it to a strong player! #3, how could you really think that treating someone like crap for however many days and calling him names and whatnot wouldn't make him want to flip sides? cripes

Vote for rick because he is least likely to have an immunity idol. They give the idol to Whitney because they feel if the other tribe is using the same strategy, then Whitney will get the vote.

Pretty simple.

eh, however, the other tribe voted correctly by targeting a strong player

eh, however, the other tribe voted correctly by targeting a strong player

Cochran told Coach's tribe the entire plan, including that they were giving the idol to Whitney, so Coach's tribe knew who had the idol and who not to vote for.

Let's face it. Ozzy still doesn't know how to play Survivor. All he is good at are being a provider, winning individual challenges and yeah, being a free agent. He isn't a strategist. He's just a strong player who wins when it counts.

Instead of seeking out the other team's strengths/weaknesses or going to Coach to learn something, he sends Cochran to infiltrate as a double agent. Why not send perky, lovable Dawn? He really believed that the other tribe would believe Cochran found an idol and used it to save h/self and send Ozzy to RI. Who would trust Cochran? Upolo would see Cochran as a smart guy making bold moves and not share any info w/Cochran as who is weak, who is strong, who will be voted out, etc. One would have thought they would have focused on Albert since he's a strong player and was the 2nd man standing. But Rick? This all shows that Ozzy doesn't understand strategy or know how to implement strategy.

Instead of treating Cochran like Piggy and demanding he should go to RI to redeem h/self, Ozzy should have taken weak Cochran under his wing and protected him to insure loyalty and some how try to take him to the finals. Like how Rob protected and kept Philip and took him to the end.

But Ozzy isn't thinking that far ahead.

I get their strategy. They knew if no one flipped it was going to be a 6/6 tie. Whoever was voted for in the first round, was safe from there on out. SO WHY would you want to keep one of the stronger players on the other tribe safe? They figured they were giving immunity to a less threatening player.

Yes, Ozzy, you're eating well, but so is your competition, courtesy of you! So glad I don't run into spoilers ...

The way the producers have been editting the past three episodes, it appears to me that Ozzy is likely headed toward the top three. If you watch closely, all his scenes are edited so that he comes off to make him look good. They wouldn't give him so much possitive air time if he had been booted out before reaching the end (or pretty damn close). I wouldn't go as far as predicting he'll win, but I would predict he wins if he makes makes it all the way to the final 2.

I am not liking Ozzy this time around. He is a little too full of himself, and prone to temper tantrums.

I am never a fan of the returning players anyway, though. And I get annoyed when they aren't booted right away. I know the others want to take advantage of their 'experience' in the game, but if it were me, I would just want them gone, and then we all start playing our own game.

I'm not really a big fan of anyone. Sophie, maybe? In any case, I'd love to see Ozzy bite it, at the next duel ( or whatever they call it with 3). I guess they could change things, and keep them duels. First it's Ozzy and Keith, then the winner of that goes against Jim. I dunno.

I still love the show. I just get a little tired of the self righteousness of the players, when they've been back stabbed or blind sided. That's the game. IT gets boring when they all play will 'integrity and honor'. You need a little underhandedness to make it fun to watch. I like unpredictability.

I am not liking Ozzy this time around. He is a little too full of himself, and prone to temper tantrums.

I am never a fan of the returning players anyway, though. And I get annoyed when they aren't booted right away. I know the others want to take advantage of their 'experience' in the game, but if it were me, I would just want them gone, and then we all start playing our own game.

I'm not really a big fan of anyone. Sophie, maybe? In any case, I'd love to see Ozzy bite it, at the next duel ( or whatever they call it with 3). I guess they could change things, and keep them duels. First it's Ozzy and Keith, then the winner of that goes against Jim. I dunno.

I still love the show. I just get a little tired of the self righteousness of the players, when they've been back stabbed or blind sided. That's the game. IT gets boring when they all play will 'integrity and honor'. You need a little underhandedness to make it fun to watch. I like unpredictability.

I tend to think the themes are magnified by the producers after they have completed filming for 39 days. The producers selectively pick the footage that they can weave into a lot drama filled episodes. No doubt in my mind there were conflicts and other dramas that were left on the cutting room floor simply because those moments were less interesting or tough editing choices had to be made. Each episode is about 41-42 minutes, with 2 minutes of recap at the beginning, thus realistically less than 40 minutes of footage per episode. And IMHO, the winner gets the most favoritable editing in all episodes to ensure the majority of the audience agrees with the final decision\vote.

It appears to me the editing is for shadowing Ozzy winning on Redemtion Island and returning to the game (again). And the footage maybe also forshadowing Ozzy getting getting revenge on Corhcran. Overall, this entire season seems to almost entirely edited to be focused on Ozzy, Cochran, Coach, and Little Hanze. We (the Audience) are being steered to see these four as the key players; the rest are supporting players.

The producers will continue to bring back more colorful (and strong) players.

It's an easy 'set-up'for drama and conflict..... and... the majority of Survivor fans

will stay tuned to see how it all unfolds. Whether they've been heroes or villians.

I'd bet the percentage of fans who stop watching because they don't want recycled players is insignificant.

Which reminds me... I'll be waiting to see young Matt return from last season.

Jumped off the Ozzy bandwagon for a while, but I just can't help myself. Rooting for him again. Must be the Fabio hair or something ..

I had tossed around the idea that it might be cool to have returning players be "non-player" coaches for the first half the the game, in other words they couldn't be voted out and they would be required to exit the game at the merg. But I suspect the producers already considered that idea and rejected it for the same reasons I realized it wouldn't work; ie returning players (as non player coaches) would be team leaders that would control the game on both sides, and dictate who got voted off, thus be an unfair threat over some players they didn't like or thought were too weak.

I liked Ozzy in last night's episode.

He talks a lot of (trash) talk, but he backed it up in that competition with Keith and Jim.

I don't know if he can keep the streak alive all the way until someone rejoins the tribe, but we'll see.

If he does, it might be wise to pipe down a little, because he's just making himself a target if he does get back in the game.

The way they edited last night episode, they continued to positively foreshadow Ozzy's continued success. I will be shocked if Ozzy does not win the next RI competition. Its looking to me that the way they are editing the show, they are highlighting his winning "Survivor" efforts. Basically, he is shown as player that never quits and believes in himself even when lacks any power in the game. The intent seems that we, the audience, are too cheer him on because he is being portrayed as an extreme underdog.

I believe that since the producers already know the outcome, they are gearing the show to highlight the players who make it to the final three. Given what I have seen so far, my perception is that Ozzy will be in the final three, and will be the winner if he does make it to the final vote of the season.

Players I expect to make it to the last couple of tribal councils:

Coach

Ozzy

Cochran

Little Hantz

However, I perceive the entire season is centered around these four players.

So Ozzy does not get to see a loved one? That is wrong on so many levels. If I were him NOBODY gets any fish!

Sign in to follow this