Shelly - Week 8/DE Part 2 Replacement Nominee Evicted 9/1 Jury #4

CeCiMom

Read what was posted as I was writing.

Just to let everyone know... just because a post was edited doesn't mean they are the only ones that had done something "wrong."

When I review a report I try to go all the way to the beginning of where a discussion took a wrong turn. Posts will be completely deleted if the majority is an attack. But, if a poster is have a discussion and they've took the time to write out their opinions I try and keep the integrity of that post intact and only edit out the "rule breaking" portion.

The next step is to delete all posts that are in reference to said comments. Just want to make sure everyone knows that just because you can't see it doesn't many many others had done the wrong thing by perpetuating what needed to be cleaned up. k? :D

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go Cecimom!!! :animated_bouncy:

I will say my feeling about HG like we are supposed to. I guess I am confident in myself and am fine without having to convince others to feel the exact way as me!

Exactly! I am not a perfect poster and sometimes get tired of being called out for why I have a certain opinion. I have used #3 on CeCi's list a LOT. :dork:

She didn't make a big move to help her along... she made a bad move to help Daniele along. It's okay though... many have fallen in the name of "big moves" (aka Dani moves.) First Cassie (because Dani couldn't let Dom give his attention to anyone other than Dani) Second was the Dom himself. Then Lawon because he was expendable to Dani. And, as Dani saw she was leaving (even though she tried her darnedest to change the inevitable) it will be yet another victim of Dani's play and that is Shelly.

So, no Shelly didn't play BB. BB played her. Trying to re-write reality is something some posters try to do, and often. Fortunately, Morty's members are good at seeing through the ones that try and bark the loudest and most often, even when their "discussions" are twisted on the facts.

I do agree with one of your statements and that is "Jordan isn't perfect"... and thank goodness for that!!! Makes her all the more charming to see her passion rise up and fight for herself and her game. It didn't take long for her to work it out and calm down.

P.S. I've received multiple complaints. There are several options.

1) Use your ignore list (Your user name is at the upper right corner, click on the drop down arrow and the last choice is "Manage Ignored Users"... you can go from there.)

2) Don't engage (post) with another member if it's only going to raise your frustration level.

3) Sometimes I type out responses to BS postings just to get it off my chest and then I cancel it and not post. I find it easy to move on then... maybe it will work for you too.

4) If you just HAVE to say something... follow the rules or ELSE! :animated_rotfl:

Totally Agree With You!!!

See that is the hypocrisy that I'm talking about. Reverse those roles for a second. Let's say Jordan made a gameplay against Shelly and Jordan came in to tell Shelly how she wasn't happy about doing it, but that it's a game and she also felt like crap, then Shelly throwing something nice that she did in Jordan's face how would people take it? People would be saying how awful Shelly was for throwing that in her face, and Shelly needs to understand that it is just a game and Jordan made a play. That is exactly what would be going on because one person is liked and the other isn't.

Shelly is a victim of the Pandora's Box THIS WEEK. That is fact. Without the PBox Jordan would be going home and Shelly would be sitting in a good spot with five people left. She isn't a victim of her play last week, that isn't being honest. She was the FOURTH target this week of six left, and because the twist it will fall on her, that is how it goes I guess, but that is what she was a victim of.

1) If Jordan did to Shelly what Shelly did to Jordan....I would be saying the exact same thing about Jordan....Know that....I am NO Hypocrite!!!!!

2) If Shelly stayed aligned with Jordan......maybe Shelly and Jordan would have been up and the box would have put Rachel in harms way....how many would have routed for that one????

c'mon dede......Shelly's actions were reprehensible......you dont think so...your perogative.......but please do not attack my character as I have not done so to you.

Peace

Her hair looks lank. I love the glasses, tho.

:animated_bouncy: yes, because it hides her face a bit!

Poor Jordan can't stay mad at her. We all know someone with a kind heart like that. I hope she is careful. I'm not saying Jordangel is dumb though, I'm just saying Shelly is really, really tricky, and they are stuck in the house together 24/7.

I get you Cecimom! :giggle:

I'll try not to start any chit! :daisy:

Edited by smassadi

sometimes you (not you personally) get duped into thinking it is a discussion but then the more you give your view the more it gets picked apart, I need to just keep addin to that list,lol, I will never ever feel that Shelly is anything but a pathalogical liar, who has a really distorted view of how this game is played, as I said before she is up there with Maggie on my list and that is sayin something,lol

Just wondering, what did Maggie ever do? I never cared for the feeds back then so I only saw what was shown. All I remember is she was true to her alliance.

I use the term "characters" because I don't for a second believe what you see on TV is what you would see in real life. (1) the participants craft a persona for the show, (2) it's hard for people not to change the behavior when they know they are on TV, (3) the nature of the game itself alters the percetions of the people participating and (4) I 100% believe that BB manipulates these people.

I think a perfect example of this is the Rachel/Regan relationship. They spewed some pretty hateful stuff at one another but once they enter real life, they become close friends.

I believe that they are exactly who they are in real life. I don't believe for a minute you can put on an act 24/7 for 2 and a half months. Eventually who they are comes out. The very first modern reality show, the Real World, castmember Heather B, said it best (paraphrasing because it's been almost 20 years) in the reunion show, 'the producers work with what you give them, if you look like a b*tch it's cause that's how you acted on the show.'

I believe that they are exactly who they are in real life. I don't believe for a minute you can put on an act 24/7 for 2 and a half months. Eventually who they are comes out. The very first modern reality show, the Real World, castmember Heather B, said it best (paraphrasing because it's been almost 20 years) in the reunion show, 'the producers work with what you give them, if you look like a b*tch it's cause that's how you acted on the show.'

I can see what you're saying but I also think that a show is a bit like the Stanford Prison Experiment where you can act away on the show but under normal community/family/social structures you won't behave in the same manner.

In my tiny little opinion, Shelly would have been better off remaining with Jeff, Jordan, Rachel and Adam. Did I get that right? Sometimes, I get confused. Changing alliances in such a sweeping move, mid-stream; was stupid and has not benefited her in any way. Shelly could have worked quietly with Rachel and Adam to best Jeff and Jordan and go to F3 with Rachel and Adam. Hindsight is 20-20 but I felt the same before the fact of her not doing what I thought that she should do. It was really, really stupid of Shelly to all of a sudden be BFF with Daniele and her buds. Daniele: "I love you, Shelly," as she is evicted. Right. Sure you do, Daniele. :animated_rotfl:

In my tiny little opinion, Shelly would have been better off remaining with Jeff, Jordan, Rachel and Adam. Did I get that right? Sometimes, I get confused. Changing alliances in such a sweeping move, mid-stream; was stupid and has not benefited her in any way. Shelly could have worked quietly with Rachel and Adam to best Jeff and Jordan and go to F3 with Rachel and Adam. Hindsight is 20-20 but I felt the same before the fact of her not doing what I thought that she should do. It was really, really stupid of Shelly to all of a sudden be BFF with Daniele and her buds. Daniele: "I love you, Shelly," as she is evicted. Right. Sure you do, Daniele. animated_rotfl.gif

She loved Shelly because she turned on her friend, that was a feather in Dani's hat. Just like Dani telling Adam, "my daddy hates you"...so immature. None of the cast are perfect but I enjoy the show and look forward to it each summer.

I feel bad for Shelly.

She lied to, backstabbed and manipulated other players to advance herself in the game. There is nothing wrong with that, it happens all the time in Big Brother. It's the reason I watch!

For me the problem is she was not very good at finessing her way into being the ultimate villain, and she kept bringing her family into the equation.

I really hope the fans will calm down and let the woman go live a quiet life with her family and rebuild her damaged relationship with her young daughter. I pray Josie is smarter than a majority of the more rabid Je/Jo fans and can understand it is just a game.

She absolutely made a move to help her along. If the Pbox wasn't used this week would she be safe and Jordan out the door? Isn't that fact? I like how you wrote how big moves have hurt people, but left off jeff...that was his demise as well apparently for two seasons. Isn't reality that Shelly was safe this week until another twist that saved Jordan? That is reality. Without that twist Shelly is in the final five, Jordan is out of the game and who knows what happens after that, I assume Rachel would then still be the biggest target when they were down to five.

I agree that PB is a huge reason her move didn't work and that is BB. Which should have factored into Shelly's decision... imo.

The reason I left out Jeff's situation was because I thought we were talking about Shelly and why she made her move. Jeff is a whole other beehive. (I was just trying to focus on your specific post. And, save my looong post from getting any longer. Long posts suck. :lol: Well, they don't suck I just get bored easily and usually skip 'em. ;) )

Also, you say it got her big move got her to the final 5. Hmmm, with J/J/A/R she already have F5 with J/J/A she had F4 and she had F3 with J/J and if anything happened to Jeff after they were down to 5. Jordan had a F2 with her. I'm not great at math but, I'm pretty sure F5 isn't better than any of those scenarios. Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the Shelly's move helping her along.

Well CBS comes through for Jordan again, riding someone else's coattails and screwing over a more deserving player, how pathetic. How many twists to affect the game in one season CBS? Next time Jordan or her immediate alliance member is in trouble are you going to throw in the fortune teller twist to save them once again? Shelly made a play and deserved better than some twist sending her home and someone like Jordan being safe.

My question to you is who is the more deserving pair? Porscha and Kahlia? Until this week those two haven't done a thing for themselves. Porscha coasted the entire season and Dani ran Kahlia until she (Dani) was evicted. Adam and Shelly? More coasting...in my opinion. Rachel is the ONLY PLAYER that has fought the entire house against incredible odds. She's like a cat with nine lives and SHE saved Jordan, not CBS.

She loved Shelly because she turned on her friend, that was a feather in Dani's hat. Just like Dani telling Adam, "my daddy hates you"...so immature. None of the cast are perfect but I enjoy the show and look forward to it each summer.

Good point.

My question to you is who is the more deserving pair? Porscha and Kahlia? Until this week those two haven't done a thing for themselves. Porscha coasted the entire season and Dani ran Kahlia until she (Dani) was evicted. Adam and Shelly? More coasting...in my opinion. Rachel is the ONLY PLAYER that has fought the entire house against incredible odds. She's like a cat with nine lives and SHE saved Jordan, not CBS.

Like this post!

I feel bad for Shelly.

She lied to, backstabbed and manipulated other players to advance herself in the game. There is nothing wrong with that, it happens all the time in Big Brother. It's the reason I watch!

For me the problem is she was not very good at finessing her way into being the ultimate villain, and she kept bringing her family into the equation.

I really hope the fans will calm down and let the woman go live a quiet life with her family and rebuild her damaged relationship with her young daughter. I pray Josie is smarter than a majority of the more rabid Je/Jo fans and can understand it is just a game.

I don't feel bad for Shelly. She is 41 years old and brought most of what is happening on herself because of her actions. She is the LAST person on the show that I would feel bad for.

Nothing the HG said on the show has outraged me more as this stupid line by dani. Voldemort is ridiculous, and her new friend the smoking leather has made her own bed-now she must lie in it.

Rachel wouldn't have had the opportunity to save Jordan without interference from TPTB. Without this last minute twist, Rachel may well have saved herself but Jordan would have likely been gone.

As far as who is deserving, I believe if a player is still standing at F2 they deserve to win. Anyone who can survive that pressure cooker and come out on top (no matter their style of play) deserves to win.

That being said, I have much respect for Rachel as a solo player and though I found the twist a bit heavy-handed, kudos to her for the win.

Just finished watching the flashback of the convo between Jordan & Shelly & WOW! I hope that Jordan doesn't buy into it.... The little daggers that Shelly keeps throwing at Rachel is exactly what Shelly, herself, is doing....

so agree with this the twist with pandoras box only gave them a chance it could have gone the other way, but Rachel pulled it out and yes she save Jordan which I love,lol

Also, you say it got her big move got her to the final 5. Hmmm, with J/J/A/R she already have F5 with J/J/A she had F4 and she had F3 with J/J and if anything happened to Jeff after they were down to 5. Jordan had a F2 with her. I'm not great at math but, I'm pretty sure F5 isn't better than any of those scenarios. Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on the Shelly's move helping her along.

I think it's more a debate about what Shelly perceived to be the best move for her. I think she perceived there was no way that Jeff would ever have been defeated so therefore she never would have been in a F2 with Jordan (which based upon how the stronger players were playing was actually a fairly strong possibility) and she actually believed she could beat the folks on the other side (although she would actually be trading being led by Daniele).

Sitting back, I really don't think she stood a snowballs chance in any scenario and should have stuck to the role as house mommy for her sanity.

I feel bad for Shelly.

While I don't feel bad for her in the game. I absolutely agree with you that she's not the devil incarnate and instead a woman that had a plan coming into the house (Actually I think she had a shot at pulling off the female Dr. Will) but, when it comes down to it... she got caught up in the experiment of BB and what it actually does to a human being when they are isolated, and every move watched and lies are being revealed and she couldn't keep up with it anymore.

Week 3/4 was when she basically lost any chance of winning this game as she kinda lost her mind. She has moments of getting it back together but, once she let BB talk her into switching to Dani there was never going to be any recovery and I think if her mental state hadn't deteriorated by then she never would have been so weak as to let a producer flip her own game upside down and cost her her chance at the money.

I believe she deserves the respect of us fans (once this season is over) to let her go back to her real world. And, heal herself and hopefully her family/friends. (Not that they don't support and love her... I know they do. But, reality for a child is perception and if she was allowed to watch her mom lose it and lie as much as she did in a GAME... then there will need to be some healing done there.)

I agree that PB is a huge reason her move didn't work and that is BB. Which should have factored into Shelly's decision... imo.

The reason I left out Jeff's situation was because I thought we were talking about Shelly and why she made her move. Jeff is a whole other beehive. (I was just trying to focus on your specific post. And, save my looong post from getting any longer. Long posts suck. :lol: Well, they don't suck I just get bored easily and usually skip 'em. ;) )

You can't factor in a Pandora's Box twist at that point when making a big move. Look at Kalia's HOH with 9 people left, she was so worried about a twist that she screwed her alliance by putting up Lawon. Her fear made her make the worst move in BB history.

When she was with Jeff/Jordan/Rachel/Adam she was pretty low on the totem poll, probably 4th if not 5th. Jeff said it best the other night, she can't win anything so she has to try and make these moves to help her get higher in the game. The way she was playing with Jeff/Jordan she was going to have to HOPE that Jeff took her to the final three, THEN she would have to beat both in the final HOH, and let's face it those odds sucked for her. Now she is leaving this week based on a twist and a twist alone that wasn't foreseen. Would she have made the final two anyway? Maybe not. Would she have made the final two with the way she was playing with Jeff? Probably not as well.

In her scenario before the PBox twist, she wouldve been in the final five with Kalia/Adam/Porsche/Jordan or Rachel, in this case Rachel since she won POV. That means Jordan wouldve left this week and Rachel would still be the house big target, Adam then would probably be the final 4 big target, and then perhaps kailia or porsche take her to final two if she didn't win it herself. The PBox twist made her in immediate danger out of nowhere, and completely protected Jordan this week. After the Pbox it was going to either be Rachel or Shelly, before the Pbox it was going to be Rachel or Jordan.

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name