Sign in to follow this  
Dade

John Cochran

the boy was on the bottom of the pile with his old tribe. I say good move!!

You mean being on the bottom of another tribe?

I wouldn't say its a good move, but he has more options down the line and is a great final two candidate for others.

I'd rather be on the bottom of a tribe with numbers than the bottom of a tribe without! and, i'da flipped on those mean people too!!

hmmm

Seems like it was just last week that John would have been voted out of the tribe because they needed

stronger players to win Immunities (he wouldn't even have won Tiddly Winks against Christine) ....

AND then Ozzie agreed to put up his arse so that hopefully he'd win the Redemption Challange and keep

their team strong if a Merge was this week.

BUT .... instead of sticking with the Tribe that saved his butt ... he bailed at the first sign of

trouble.

WIMP

He`s actually in not too bad of a position with the new tribe.

If Coach`s tribe really is divided 3/3, then he's really in the middle, not the bottom; which puts him 4th on that sub-alliance, once his old tribe-members are all voted out.

And he still has lots of time to work on wedging into that sub-alliance and making a final 2 deal, or protecting Dawn so that she can help him at Final 5.

However, with so much game to play (this IS Survivor after all) things may not go according to plan.

hmmm

Seems like it was just last week that John would have been voted out of the tribe because they needed

stronger players to win Immunities (he wouldn't even have won Tiddly Winks against Christine) ....

AND then Ozzie agreed to put up his arse so that hopefully he'd win the Redemption Challange and keep

their team strong if a Merge was this week.

BUT .... instead of sticking with the Tribe that saved his butt ... he bailed at the first sign of

trouble.

WIMP

I don't see Cochran as a wimp or his move as a wimpy move. Last nite's vote was tied: 6 for Rick, 6 for Keith. Cochran broke the tie bc if Probst would have told the whole tribe to vote for anyone using rocks, Cochran would have been voted out by his tribe (Savali) and he wasn't willing to risk that. I kind of agree. Why risk his Survivor game on a chance of rocks just bc he wasn't willing to volunteer to be voted out in order to defeat Christine on RI? It still might have been 6 rocks for Keith but he wasn't going to take that chance. Was it too early to flip? Maybe, maybe not. But I understand why he broke the tie. But he should have been silent about his vote and let Savali assume it was Dawn w/o telling them Dawn wanted to flip. Her tears during her confessional and talk w/Cochran told how Savali treated Cochran like Piggy from Lord of the Flies.

There are 2 strong and separate tribes existing under one banner name that came together but isn't one united tribe but an "us v them". I have a feeling Savali is going to be picked off one by one and Ozzy will soon find his way back to RI but truly trying to fight his way back into the game. Either going home or going to jury. After Savali is gone, Upolo will play as individuals, w/Coach (aka Rob) making the decision of who goes and who stays all the while protecting Brandon (aka Philip) and Cochran as he cuts loose his 2nd in command, Albert (aka Grant) and loyal Edna (aka Natalie).

And it may probably be Coach, Brandon and Cochran as the last 3 standing.

I don't see Cochran as a wimp or his move as a wimpy move. Last nite's vote was tied: 6 for Rick, 6 for Keith. Cochran broke the tie bc if Probst would have told the whole tribe to vote for anyone using rocks, Cochran would have been voted out by his tribe (Savali) and he wasn't willing to risk that. I kind of agree. Why risk his Survivor game on a chance of rocks just bc he wasn't willing to volunteer to be voted out in order to defeat Christine on RI? It still might have been 6 rocks for Keith but he wasn't going to take that chance. Was it too early to flip? Maybe, maybe not. But I understand why he broke the tie. But he should have been silent about his vote and let Savali assume it was Dawn w/o telling them Dawn wanted to flip. Her tears during her confessional and talk w/Cochran told how Savali treated Cochran like Piggy from Lord of the Flies.

There are 2 strong and separate tribes existing under one banner name that came together but isn't one united tribe but an "us v them". I have a feeling Savali is going to be picked off one by one and Ozzy will soon find his way back to RI but truly trying to fight his way back into the game. Either going home or going to jury. After Savali is gone, Upolo will play as individuals, w/Coach (aka Rob) making the decision of who goes and who stays all the while protecting Brandon (aka Philip) and Cochran as he cuts loose his 2nd in command, Albert (aka Grant) and loyal Edna (aka Natalie).

And it may probably be Coach, Brandon and Cochran as the last 3 standing.

The way I remember the rock deal is if they had a dealock tie on the 2nd vote, then they would've had 10 rocks in a bag (because Ozzy and Dawn had immunity and wouldn't have been included). 9 rocks would be say white perhaps and one rock would've been black. Each tribe member would draw a rock, except for those 2, and whoever got the black rock would be gone. They don't all get to vote again with rocks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The way I remember the rock deal is if they had a dealock tie on the 2nd vote, then they would've had 10 rocks in a bag (because Ozzy and Dawn had immunity and wouldn't have been included). 9 rocks would be say white perhaps and one rock would've been black. Each tribe member would draw a rock, except for those 2, and whoever got the black rock would be gone. They don't all get to vote again with rocks. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

you're not wrong. BUT, Whitney wouldn't be pulling either......because she had the hidden immunity idol played on her. so they figured, the odds of them pulling the black rock were since only 3 of them would be pulling. easy for ozzy and dawn to agree to those odds, since they're not pulling!

you're not wrong. BUT, Whitney wouldn't be pulling either......because she had the hidden immunity idol played on her. so they figured, the odds of them pulling the black rock were since only 3 of them would be pulling. easy for ozzy and dawn to agree to those odds, since they're not pulling!

Forgot to mention Dawn/Ozzy couldn't be voted for since they had immunity under rocks. However, since the idol was used on Whitney, she was fair game to be voted for in rocks. I thought the hidden idol can only be used once and doesn't protect you under the rocks scenario?

I found this on realtytv. This is TC b4 the voting. So I guess Whitney/Ozzy/Dawn wouldn't be protected after a second tie only Rick/Keith. Those 3 would be pulling rocks as well not Keith/Rick.

...Both tribes agreed it would be a six-six vote and end up going to rocks. Ozzy felt they had the odds on their side.

"The stakes are so high because if you guys go to a tie and we vote again and you're still tied, the two people who have votes are immune and everybody else is drawing rocks, which is a big risk," Jeff told everyone. "So the only way to break up a tie is that somebody has to defect to the other tribe." ...Before Jeff revealed the votes, Ozzy decided to play their hidden Immunity Idol for Whitney to protect her. Jeff then announced that Keith had six votes, while Rick also had six votes. As a result, the castaways had to re-vote, and everyone could only vote for Rick or Keith while Rick and Keith themselves could not vote. Jeff said if anyone wanted to change his or her vote, then would be the time to do so. ...

Yeah, Whitney would not have been safe from rock-picking, but Ozzy and Dawn would have been.

As Cochran said, leaving it up to fate was giving up any measure of control, and he was not willing to risk it.

Kind of silly for any of them, really, since whichever tribe remains intact after the rock-picking will be able to pretty much sweep the rest of the other tribe for the next 4 or 5 votes. Still risky for Cochran, though.

Let's hope he really is a smart student of the game, and can work the angles going forward.

Yeah, Whitney would not have been safe from rock-picking, but Ozzy and Dawn would have been.

As Cochran said, leaving it up to fate was giving up any measure of control, and he was not willing to risk it.

Kind of silly for any of them, really, since whichever tribe remains intact after the rock-picking will be able to pretty much sweep the rest of the other tribe for the next 4 or 5 votes. Still risky for Cochran, though.

Let's hope he really is a smart student of the game, and can work the angles going forward.

Again, I'm not sure if Ozzy/Dawn would have been safe. Jeff said the only ppl safe from the rocks were those whose names were tied twice: Rick/Keith. Everyone was at risk. I guess immunity necklace doesn't offer protection in the rock choosing. I'll have to watch Ep 8 again.

If Ozzy was at risk, then Cochran saved him, Jim and Whitney by voting Keith out but I don't think they see it that way. They see it more as a betrayal since Ozzy favored the odds in rocks and didn't realize he was at risk w/everyone except Rick/Keith. Perhaps Cochran and Jeff were the only 2ppl at TC who understood the risk and danger of choosing rocks to vote someone out. Cochran did what was best for his game not Savaii's.

Again, I'm not sure if Ozzy/Dawn would have been safe. Jeff said the only ppl safe from the rocks were those whose names were tied twice: Rick/Keith. Everyone was at risk. I guess immunity necklace doesn't offer protection in the rock choosing. I'll have to watch Ep 8 again.

If Ozzy was at risk, then Cochran saved him, Jim and Whitney by voting Keith out but I don't think they see it that way. They see it more as a betrayal since Ozzy favored the odds in rocks and didn't realize he was at risk w/everyone except Rick/Keith. Perhaps Cochran and Jeff were the only 2ppl at TC who understood the risk and danger of choosing rocks to vote someone out. Cochran did what was best for his game not Savaii's.

Immunity IS IMMUNITY. Of course they would have been safe. The necklace means you are safe for that tribal council, whatever it comes down to.

I know Ozzy and Dawn were safe. I feel like Whitney would probably be safe too.

With each passing episode, Cochran is looking less crafty\smart, and more reflective of Little Hantz style of play; his game decisions are self-destructive and destructive to everyone who aligns with him.

He's the only UN-dull character. But I'd still shove him in a locker.

I don't care how close his (so called) strategy gets him to the end...

he gives guys who are small in stature a BAD name.

I don't think there'll be any of them watching that would want to use him

as a goal and image to shoot for.

he just needs to own his decision and stop being a whiner about it. You did it, it was good for you, now let it go!

He's the only UN-dull character. But I'd still shove him in a locker.

That is funny... most people can think of someone they've known that's has a naturally annoying personality; the type of personality that even bothers people who are laid back and don't let others bother them. Often its a whiny\whimpy style of communicating that's sound like finger nails on the chalkboard.

He is good for the show because, like Little Hantz, Corhan is likely to make more unpopular decisions that blindside everyone.

I'll add, the way show portrays Cochran, he comes off as a "Cockroach" type character; a player that adds no valve to the team, or worse causes a lot problems simply by being there. Naw, the producers wouldn't go that far to actually cast an individual by the name of Cochran, knowing that the he would be perceived as Cochran the Cockroach.... :)

For those who have a TiVo or some other DVR. Go back and watch when Cochran appears. Nearly always, the camera shots make him look like a "Weasel" type character. Pretty funny, the classic archetype of the whinny & scheming character that backstables his allies at every turn.

YEP ... Probably no other way to get footage of him.

(just might back up the phrase ... 'The camera doesn't lie')

JMHO :rolleyes:

The camera isn't kind to him.... that's a fact.

I know a lot of folks (friends) who aren't the kind you'll find on calendars.... but their great

personalities shine thru loud and clear.

In Cochran's case... he happens to look like a weasel and acts like one too.

(no offense to all the little furry weasels out there)

Where I draw a distinction is that I don't believe we get to see the true\full person, we get to see a version of that person who the editors highlight\magnify. Also, everyone is out of their element, with cameras in their face for 39 days, so its not like they face real life problems and ethical decisions that have life long significance. Nothing happens in the game of survivor has any long term negative consequence no matter how much they lie and back stab their most trusted allies in the game. And the core audience is pretty forgiving too; doubtful that anyone on the show gets a public image so bad that they can't get a job and loose all their friends. The fame they receive just works to the their benefit, as it does for all celeberties.

In the case of Cochran, his decisions and appearance really do make him appear as whinny weasel that can't be trusted, and in the game of Survivor, that maybe an accurate depiction of his actions over 39 days of playing a game worth $1 million to the last person standing. Can't say I wouldn't lie I had a chance to win $1 million. :)

Guest 6Borders

I hope he wins the whole dang thing!!!

Sign in to follow this