Jordan - Week 7

CeCiMom

Please forgive me for the length of this post... It will be the only long post from me this year.

The current state of the art science delving into human intellect describes types of intelligence other than the traditional[Math, Verbal, Spatial, Recall]. Researchers have defined social acuity, musical creativity, and athletic exceptionalism as a few of the non-traditional IQs to be tested and respected. Charismatic Leaders, Beethoven, Micheal Jordan are examples of Genius outside of the traditional form of intelligence.

I was gifted with an extremely high very "Traditional" IQ of 167. I have multiple degees from multiple world famous universities. I was offered baseball & academic scholarships. For those of you thinking that I am either bragging or envious, consider the following.

Life has a way of balancing things out.

My gifts were counter-balanced with a complete lack of ability to dance without embarrassing myself and those with me, a complete lack of ability to create music that can touch a persons heart, a complete inability to arrange the furniture in my home in any way that is esthetically pleasing, although I possess the ability to speak in front of large crowds of strangers on issues related to my work -- I am completely unable to do the same if the topic is not work related or I am in social situations. In many ways I am Jordans opposite. I am an introvert often confused by others social motives, thoughts, and decisions.

I am colorblind. I see blue perfectly well but the most of the other colors are a mystery to me. Just as I don't see "red", I don't see the elements of human social interaction in real time as Jordan does. She may not understand Linear Algegbra, Calculus, Statistics, topology and the rest of mathematics, but she understands us. She sees these elements of social interaction as well as I see the union space of a torus intersecting a cone.

I respect her extraordinary abilities. I can only wish I had her ability to read people and social dynamics as well as she does. Her assessments of both have been spot on. Jordan's choice of Natalie went against conventional wisdom unless one had access to the televised shows/feeds into the Jury house. Had she picked Kevin she would have lost. I would have used my 167 IQ to run every scenario, review all of the available data, and perform a logical analysis on the problem. After all of that my "traditional" IQ would have led me the the WRONG answer! Jordan's Social IQ led her to the correct answer! Additional examples abound; consider her read of Shelly.

Although most of my friends might disagree, I am an introvert by nature and I am left to wish I had the ease and savvy that Jordan has when navigating social settings.

Where my IQ is dismal, Jordan is in the Genius range to be sure, but my "traditional" IQ is the wish of every mother for her every child, while Jordan's Social IQ is not even given a moments notice, let alone any respect. The fact that some value my "traditional" IQ over her social/human-to-human IQ is disheartening. We would be a better country if we valued them both but in reverse order.

Supporting the notion that Jordan did NOT win her HOH and instead was GIVEN the HOH, is not just counter factual, it is logically unsupportable. She hit the 3 spot, besting Dom & Kahlia who hit the 8 spot. To suggest that either Brendan or Jeff would have tied or bested her replaces logic with wishful thinking.

FeloniousMonk

FM - so nice to hear from you. I love your posts. You are so logical and honest without partiality.

I feel I have been preaching to the choir when I try to say that Jordan has been playing this game every day and NOT a floater. Her head is always in the game and her take on people is dead on. Much of what you have said.

People watch Big Brother for different reasons. I am fascinated with people and strategies and I think I have some Jordan in me where I read people well. I am facinated with Jordan and how she knows when to give someone some special attention and when to invite someone upstairs to watch her shave her legs and just talk.

I also give her the win on the Golf challenge 100%.

Jordo in my opinion is a smarter people player then Jeff and he knows it and really takes what she says seriously.

Don't stay away FM - missed you.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Know what I love about Jordan? Nothing.

The girl sits on her butt coasting all day, and mimicking Jeff that coasters must to go. Every time I hear her say that I cringe, because that girl hasn't done a THING to earn her right to stay in this game no more than the people she bashes.

She was given the win in her season because her jury was "out to lunch", and she was given an HoH this season, because Jeff and Brendon didn't even attempt to best her score. Not wishful thinking, just fact.

If those people don't wipe the stars out of their eyes over "America's Couple" and send her to the jury house, they'll be bigger fools than her last jurists.

To be clear, you believe that either Jeff or Brendan or possibly both would have beaten Jordan's score of "3."

I'd truly like to know about the "Fact" that details a score of "2' or "1' for Jeff...

I'd be equally interested in the "Fact" that details a score of "2' or "1' for Brendan...

Would you please provide this supporting "Fact" of yours for me consider?

FeloniousMonk

^^^^^Agree Marty and FM, really good posts

FM - so nice to hear from you. I love your posts. You are so logical and honest without partiality.

I feel I have been preaching to the choir when I try to say that Jordan has been playing this game every day and NOT a floater. Her head is always in the game and her take on people is dead on. Much of what you have said.

People watch Big Brother for different reasons. I am fascinated with people and strategies and I think I have some Jordan in me where I read people well. I am facinated with Jordan and how she knows when to give someone some special attention and when to invite someone upstairs to watch her shave her legs and just talk.

I also give her the win on the Golf challenge 100%.

Jordo in my opinion is a smarter people player then Jeff and he knows it and really takes what she says seriously.

Don't stay away FM - missed you.

Marty,

I have stopped by from time to time to read your posts. It's always an enjoyable time for me. I won't be posting all that often because I don't care for the forum permitted attacks on elements of the HG that the HGs themselves cannot change, e.g. Body type, intelligence, etc...

This continued nonsense RE: Jordan isn't playing or Jordan was handed this or that, needed a little logic inserted. I fully accept that my little post will do little to nothing to change any minds, but there is always hope that someone, someday will remember my little post and for a moment actually honestly consider the issue. My nature forces me to hold that nothing is gained if nothing is ventured and so I posted what I posted.

BTW, you are a favorite of mine across all the forums I visit. I do understand your affection for Jordan because as they say, birds of a feather flock together. Over the years you have shown many of the same attributes that Jordan has shown on BB.

Monk

Felonious... Yes, it was a long post..

But I'm betting anyone who started to read it - read it til the end.

I'd love to see more Posters step in and stand up for (or back) HG's that are getting

bashed when the reasons are unfounded or said for shock value.

I don't know if you've changed anyone's mind about Jordon.. but, at least you've said your piece.

:clap: Felonious

Monk I sooo agree with your posts and I get the analogy that maybe someday someone might say "hey I get what Monk was sayin" You can only try,lol, so I am happy for your post. Some ppl just really think in a shallow way and never think that there are redeeming qualities that make up for what SEEMS to be Jordan not playing the game, I think she is doing a great job and feel she is there this time around to support Jeff. Her season she really did well where it counted and made a clean sweep at the end, thanks for your thoughtful and insightful post, I read the whole thing

Marty,

I have stopped by from time to time to read your posts. It's always an enjoyable time for me. I won't be posting all that often because I don't care for the forum permitted attacks on elements of the HG that the HGs themselves cannot change, e.g. Body type, intelligence, etc...

This continued nonsense RE: Jordan isn't playing or Jordan was handed this or that, needed a little logic inserted. I fully accept that my little post will do little to nothing to change any minds, but there is always hope that someone, someday will remember my little post and for a moment actually honestly consider the issue. My nature forces me to hold that nothing is gained if nothing is ventured and so I posted what I posted.

BTW, you are a favorite of mine across all the forums I visit. I do understand your affection for Jordan because as they say, birds of a feather flock together. Over the years you have shown many of the same attributes that Jordan has shown on BB.

Monk

Thank you FM. I am complimented to be compared to Jordan for sure. I am not always as nice as Jordan and do sometimes get in attack mode on some HG. Better to bash a HG a little on a forum then people in real life.

I still hope you keep posting. <3

Great post by Monk. I am so sick of the idiots who say she was handed her HOH. She freaking nailed a great shot. Give her some credit. For Jeff or Brendon to beat her it would have been very tough.

That said emotional/social intelligence is huge and is something most people don't think about or care about. That said Brendon just proves to me why intellectual smarts and those who brag about it usually lack in the social department. I can't believe a guy who is supposedly that smart could make such dumb decisions when it comes to social situations such as using the Veto on Rachel and staying in a relationship with her. It just goes to show you that you can have a huge IQ and really be dumb in the EQ department.

In an effort to shorten my post I cut out a section on Jordan's comfort in her own skin. She is happy BECAUSE she is in such great balance within herself. Wouldn't be nice if we all enjoyed such balance.

The fact that she is decent, honest, trustworthy and easy on the eyes were also edited out.

Again, sorry of the length, but it is hard to accurately describe a person's strengths in a few words. We are complex beings.

FeloniousMonk

Best post of the season in my opinion! Dang Monk...you're smart..LMAO!!

awesome post Monk!!! I agree with everything you said. I also cannot believe that some ppl dont actually realize Jordan could have won that HOH all on her own. It was brenden and Jeff's idea to let her have the win. Can any of you prove that she wouldn't have won if they did actually try? So because they decided to "let her have the win" that makes her a floater? Rolls eyes... You guys have no flipping clue the outcome of that hoh.

Jordan is not a floater she tries her best,maybe sometimes her best may not be that great but you dont know if you guys could do any better if in that situation. The last hoh she held her own and may I also point out she did good the last endurance comp with the skies as well

Loved FMonk's long post! Very insightful & excellent explanation as to how intelligence comes in many forms. Jordan won her HoH, period. SHE shot the 3, not Brendon or Jeff. Had they tried maybe they'd have shot a 7 & 4, maybe a 1 & 2...maybe cows will grow wings & fly. Point is, they didn't try. Jordan made her winning shot, no one made it for her. There's more than 1 way to win the BB game. It doesn't HAVE to be the best physical competitor or liar/backstabber. It can be the person who took the time to truly get to know the other house guests (as she proved in her season) :smitten:

Possibly. My point is they didn't try to beat her score. They simply let her have it.

They did. They said it.

I think Jordan is great at the game and can win comps as well as the next guy, but it is true, they said they threw it.

I also still think she is good at the game in general.

what is ur point! U still proved my point! In today's society! Jordan would be considered one of the children left behind! It not her fault...it is what it is!!! The school system has failed her! She is sweet, but not the sharpest in the tool shed! But that is another dr. Phil story! Her game play sucks! She is the biggest coat tell rider! She is going to float to the end! Im sorry but to see. Real competitors play and fight for their spots like Janelle both Danelles, james, dr. Will, and I can't think of her name now but she is the one who came up with the back door plan. She has been thrown HOHs to her! Until she demonstrates game play and not rely on others to save her, then I will change my mind! Let me see some strategies she came up with to further herself in the game! She hasn't shown none! She has none....SHE SUCKS! That's my opinion...don't like it just deal! Jordan sucks as a gamer! Sweet person but her gameplay is nonexistenc!

Sparklet, I believe Jordan has smarts so I don't agree with you.

However, I do defend your right to say anything you want about a HG. :flags_unitedstates:

BB isn't only about who can win the most competitions. It requires a person to also have a great SOCIAL game. Winning comps MIGHT get you to the final 2, but your social game will determine if you win the big prize. Again, I will point out the fact that Jordan scored that 3 to beat Dom/Kalia--no one made the shot for her. Jordan plays a fantastic social game & that won her a half million =) You may not like the way she plays the game, but she most definitely plays it.

BB isn't only about who can win the most competitions. It requires a person to also have a great SOCIAL game. Winning comps MIGHT get you to the final 2, but your social game will determine if you win the big prize. Again, I will point out the fact that Jordan scored that 3 to beat Dom/Kalia--no one made the shot for her. Jordan plays a fantastic social game & that won her a half million =) You may not like the way she plays the game, but she most definitely plays it.

Agree.

Jordan is the girl that got left behind??? so not true, and harsh. I see her as kind , very sweet, smart, hello, you don't have to be rocket science smart, she in no way was left behind, and she may appear to not be on target, but that is also just perception, it is like "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" to each his own, but I just cannot understand why anyone would think this girl is stupid, I find that kind of "in the dark" so to speak. ppl can say whatever they want but I think Jordan is great, smart and is on the brink of going to the end in this with some luck and her alliance, just sayin

Loved the Felonious Monk post.

Also loved Jordo in the HOH comp - when she fell in the suds and they had to pull her out. She was just adorable covered in those suds (and Jeff noticed too LOL). She's awesome!

:party_smilie:

Perhaps one of the reasons Jeff & Brendon "threw" the HOH after seeing Jordan's score was that they didn't want to embarass themselves :animated_rotfl:

***aside from the fact it was great gameplay, since Jordan had the win locked for their team........because of her, they both got play in the next HOH......I say Jordan's contribution to the team was great & so was her win.

Jordan has been working out like a demon and doing lots of walking. Everything to keep in shape

66x46w.jpg

The others... not so much. Seems like Dani and the other gave up on working out completely

6geelg.jpg

Archived