Brendon - Week 6 - Evicted 8/18 Jury #1

CeCiMom

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seriously feel Brendon crossed the line tonight. This was fighting on a whole different level. And I agree with those that say they think he is capable of crossing that line to be physical. The way he was tonight absolutely puts no doubt in my mind.

I watched this argument too and yes it was intense, yes Brandon did push it too far, yes he was upset and using his hands. But I'm not going to assume he will hit her, that's left for someone who actually has the qualifications to make that assumption. These are still real people with real feelings, emotions and they deserve our caution before condemning anyone. I'll talk trash about their game but the personal life side of things, it's touchy.

Goodbye & good riddance :bash: and that's for forcing me to watch your insane personal relationship antics because I actually wanted to watch the game......too bad you both kept getting in the way :shutup:

I agree with bear......didn't see it but uncomfortable with making assumptions about him, the same way I am when ppl make them about Jeff. These couples have been in the media & spotlight for awhile now......if there were signs of real abuse, IMO, it would have come out. Yes, they get angry, in the moment and granted B/R's moments go on forever but unless/until I hear something happened OUTSIDE the game.....I'll withhold judgement.

"He almost hit her"......really? Maybe that shows how much control he has because he wanted to & didn't. Isn't that what separates real abusers from others? just sayin.....

Goodbye & good riddance :bash: and that's for forcing me to watch your insane personal relationship antics because I actually wanted to watch the game......too bad you both kept getting in the way :shutup:

I agree, it's time they went home. Their annoying tendencies are out weighing their good TV moments. Now I'm FFing through almost all of their time on BB.

Okay, I'm watching their latest arguement. Yes, I find myself flinching at times because of his outburst. However, if you listen to his words, I have to agree with him on some points. Clifford mentioned that people are targeting her because she is a huge competitor. He said something like no, you're not. What have you won lately? They are targeting you because of your emotional outbursts. This is so true. Telling her if she gets pissed, to walk away or go to DR. And he keeps trying to whisper to her and she is talking so loudly. And this all started because she opened up porshe's beer just to piss her off. That is something a 10 year old would do. Like licking a candy so that no one else would want it. He is right, she did it to piss porshe off but she didn't think how that would make her look to the others. Now, she deserves alcohol because she is always on the block. Oh man.

Thanks Marty. IMHO he is an emotional abuser who will someday cross the line to physical. AGAIN, people, JMHO!!!

UHG he is horrible. I also hate the way he always tells her how to sit. SIT PEOPLE. If that isnt a controlling S.O.B. I dont know what is.

I had to roll my eyes at Shelly when she was telling Brendan he needed to control her better and compared HER to an abuser.

I watched this argument too and yes it was intense, yes Brandon did push it too far, yes he was upset and using his hands. But I'm not going to assume he will hit her, that's left for someone who actually has the qualifications to make that assumption. These are still real people with real feelings, emotions and they deserve our caution before condemning anyone. I'll talk trash about their game but the personal life side of things, it's touchy.

Seriously, I know for a fact there are people on this board who are qualified to know when a man is capable of getting physical. Some from the many years of education they have, some from experience, and some from both.

Now, she deserves alcohol because she is always on the block. Oh man.

Can you image what she would be like if they had unlimited alchohol? For the amount of time she whines about not having any plus the number of conversations she has about drinking plus her choice of employment, I think she may be vulnerable to developing an alchohol problem.

The guy is probably just taken all he can of her 'pity parties' and repetitive self destructing behavior.

(not that he's any prize package)

In the back of his mind he's probably thinking she didn't change a bit this season and is

getting them kicked out the door again.

The guy just wasted a couple weeks when he could have been in the lab curing cancer. :closedeyes:

(but, yes, he did look like he'd love to pop her)

They are definitely a couple who could use a little training in communication. There are specific classes or training sessions that couples can take, that will teach them how to argue fairly. Will he become physically abusive? I don't ever see that happening, but if they don't get the communication skills needed, their way of arguing(hurtfully) will build resentment, and that is not a good way to exist in a marriage. I hope they will find help, because I really think they can have a good marriage if they make the effort.

I too saw that awful "conversation" between Brendon and Rachel. Brendon doesn't listen, he just lectures. I think Rachel's just on her best behavior with him because it's on national TV. After this season, these two have no future...or at least I hope so for Rachel's sake.

Honestly she loves him .. she thinks he hangs the moon. I don't actually think that he's a bad guy, I think their chemistry together just has issues. That being said, when I look back on some of my past relationships and how wrong things went with them and the way some of those guys treated me .. I could just cry for my former self. I hope that Rachel doesn't someday have any regrets about her time with Brendon. I honestly hope they get some couples counseling, learn how to communicate better with one another, and can have the happy ending that she so wants for them.

Game wise -- I think that it really sucks that he's going this week. Shelly should be the one to go in my mind. I am really mad at J and J saying "we don't have the votes" when if they wanted to, they could very easily. All it would take would be the vets talking to Adam, and being like listen .. we wont put you up next week, if you keep Brendon. Poof, done deal.

Hi everyone :)

I was up late last night and watching BBAD. Brendon's behavior was intimidating IMO. I guess Rachel is okay with it but it would have been "see ya later" if my husband, or any boyfriend, had spoken/acted in that manner toward me. Granted Rachel can be something else at times, nobody deserves to be treated that way.

It seemed like he was messing with her head. He was hollering then telling her to be quiet. Telling her to sit down, to sit up, etc. Controlling. Creepy. I actually jumped when he hit the bed and thought for a split second he had hit her.

Last season, if I remember correctly, he bowed up to Brittany (the girl from Arkansas?) in a manner that made me uncomfortable, although yes she was speaking meanly to him at the time.

I guess I just come from a place where it is never okay for a man to be be physically intimidating to a woman and in my opinion, from what I can see, he is that way.

Then I see on the front page here that Brendon says he thinks that Rachel has Post Tramatic Stress from last season????? Give me a break. That's a slap in the face to people who really do suffer from PTSD. IF she did have it then it would be more likely from the actions I saw from him last night. The thing is she didn't seem bothered much by the way he was acting last night. Either she is used to it or he just has a bad temper and acts like this away from the cams and she thinks he would not take it to another level. Who knows. All in all, in my opinion, his behavior last night was not cool.

As a person qualified to diagnose, observe symptoms and the such, I would like to add that you can not make assumptions of a person's propensity to afflict harm to a person based on observing them in one situation, especially in a high stress environment like big brother. Look at how many people who hate each other in the house that come out and become friends. Different environment with less stress = different relationship. It is also best to not confuse perception for fact. I have spent the last 5 years using BB in my classrooms as a means to demonstrate human behavior and it is awesome as a tool. My students bicker, diagnose, a write research papers based on the show and still most get it "wrong" in the end because the high amount of emotional involvement we as watcher put into BB. However, one must remember people react to situations based on their own experiences and perception and like or dislike of a cast member. This is in no way meant as a diagnosis of any behavior displayed in the BB house or displayed on the board it is just a remark from a BB fan.

coming back to bb by americas vote :flags_unitedstates: then leaving without playing in veto = priceless moment :animated_bouncy:

so what's the word on votes anyway? I just really picked back up yesterday and didn't have time for feeds

-Kyo

5-1 with rachel being lone vote :animated_bouncy:

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name