Coco Arquette's Photo Flap

Jem

Coco Arquette's Photo Flap

By Sarah Hall

courteney_baby.jpg

Corteney with Coco as a newborn.

Courteney Cox Arquette and husband David are so mad, they could scream. Or, at the very least, sue someone.

The celeb duo are fuming over unauthorized pictures of 10-month-old daughter Coco's Apr. 9 christening that have been widely circulated over the Internet via email. To make matters worse, the original and oft-forwarded email containing the illicit pics appeared to be sent by none other than Coco's godmother and Cox Arquette's Friends confidante, Jennifer Aniston.

Sent Friday, the fast-spreading email reportedly had a subject line of "FW: Friends in town" and contained pictures of Aniston, Cox Arquette, Arquette, baby Coco and various other friends and family members. The text read: "Jeff, Here are some pic's [sic] of that Christening that I went to, that I was telling you about..."

Aniston's rep has denied the email originated with the star and claims that someone posing as Aniston sent out the pictures using a spoofed email address.

The Arquettes, understandably distraught by the distribution of Coco's image in cyberspace, threatened to sue anyone who dared to publish the photos. "Although we are public figures, we do have a right to privacy," the couple said in a joint statement. "The photos from our daughter's christening are being distributed without our consent. Anyone publishing these photos will be in copyright infringement and liable to legal action. We appreciate your sensitivity to this matter."

The christening took place before about 110 friends and family members in Birmingham, Alabama. The Reverend Doug Carpenter, who also married the couple in 1999, deemed it a "wonderful gathering."

Though no cameras were permitted during the service, Carpenter said guests posed for requisite photos with the celebrities afterwards.

When they're not threatening legal action on behalf of their daughter, Coco's parents coproduce the design show Mix It Up for the WE cable net.

Cox Arquette also has relatively minor roles in the upcoming releases The Longest Yard, starring Adam Sandler, and Alpha Dog, starring Justin Timberlake, and provides the voice of Daisy the cow in the animated film The Barnyard, due out next year. Meanwhile, Arquette appears in the upcoming family comedy The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl, opening June 10.

I opened up my e-mail this morning to find the strangest "chain letter" ever.

It seems that Jennifer Aniston e-mailed a friend of hers a few photos from the christening ceremony for the child of Courtney Cox and David Arquette, which she recently attended. That friend forwarded her e-mail to another friend, and so on and so on. Thankfully, at some point, it would seem that her e-mail address was removed from the forwarded message. (Hopefully at the beginning, or she will soon be receiving many unsolicited messages.)

Without her e-mail address included, it his hard to attest to its authenticity, as with a few such photos, anyone could convincingly fake an e-mail like this as a hoax, to feel more self-important.

Many of the recipients (and subsequent forwarders) remarked upon the fact that this was an invasion of privacy, but this did not stop them. I guess it's pretty common to feel somehow connected to a celebrity through a chain like this, since it is a bit like the "Six degrees of separation" game, and they can all say "I know someone who knows someone who..." All the same, it makes you wonder how celebrities live with a lack of privacy, and having to be careful who they trust. I guess it comes with the territory.

I will, of course, share the photos here, so you can all see what I am talking about.

I've reduced them to 40% from the original 1600 x 1200 pixels.

coxchrist15409yx.jpg

coxchrist22401dg.jpg

coxchrist23407iu.jpg

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name