Jeff - Week 5

CeCiMom

oh and me too Casper, my post is friendly,lol if you go to the Dani thread you will see that I said see? something we can agree on,lol I do not think Jeff is innocent at all, I guess I just believe in human kind and think from what I've seen of him I would not put him the categories that some have, i am sure he has his little idiosyncrasies.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay let's pretend you are right about the whole book thing? How does that make his opinion any better? Why cant children learn that there are gay people in the world? As far as I know from the books the heterosexual children in the book fall in love and have relationships. So it is okay for children to read about that but not about a gay person? Why is he not upset about a straight man being the headmaster when there are girls in the school?

And Team Jolie I am sorry but your argument that he is a man's man so therefore that justifies him not be acceptable of gays is hogwash. i have known many manly men in my life who have been acceptable of gay men.

I am pro gay marriage. However it's only been one decade since we have even heard of this. If there are some people who are still trying to get used to the idea, that's not surprising or shocking at all! It takes time for people to accept something they have been taught is wrong for 35-40 years. It doesn't mean they are hateful, just not used to a tremedous societal change like that.

Okay let's pretend you are right about the whole book thing? How does that make his opinion any better? Why cant children learn that there are gay people in the world? As far as I know from the books the heterosexual children in the book fall in love and have relationships. So it is okay for children to read about that but not about a gay person? Why is he not upset about a straight man being the headmaster when there are girls in the school?

And Team Jolie I am sorry but your argument that he is a man's man so therefore that justifies him not be acceptable of gays is hogwash. i have known many manly men in my life who have been acceptable of gay men.

what I am saying is that i have the same opinion as you do when it comes to what is wrong with children learning about gay ppl, I am just saying that while I do not believe Jeff is innocent, that I do not believe in my heart that he feels that extreme about it, and that I want to give him and others the benefit of the doubt till they ha ve shown me different, thats all I was ever sayin, and hopeing if I made some ramdom comment thoughtlessly I would get the same treatment

I'm sorry, I'll probably be bashed for this but - so someone disagrees with gay marriage? So what? Just like people have the right to believe in gay marriage, others have the right not to. When I hear people preaching freedom of beliefs yet they want everyone else to believe the same things they do or they're wrong, bad, homophobes, etc, that's discriminatory. I'm not saying which view is correct - just that everyone has the right to their own views.

I'm sorry, I'll probably be bashed for this but - so someone disagrees with gay marriage? So what? Just like people have the right to believe in gay marriage, others have the right not to. When I hear people preaching freedom of beliefs yet they want everyone else to believe the same things they do or they're wrong, bad, homophobes, etc, that's discriminatory. I'm not saying which view is correct - just that everyone has the right to their own views.

Well Jeff didnt say anything about gay marriage but since that is what you want to talk about I dont think gays are trying to pass laws to make straight people marry gay people. I dont think gay people are upset because someone THINKS they shouldnt be able to marry. It is the fact that they are not allowed to get married. No it isnt discriminatory. Was the whole civil rights movement discriminatory?

It is his opinion, how he feels about the subject. In my book it is okay for others to express how they feel about situations and to offer up opinions, that is what makes America a great place to live in! I also think that Jeff does not have experience with the gay lifestyle, it is possible that he is uneducated and unexposed to the topic.

I also agree that a Child's book is not a place to introduce sexual orientation, that needs to happen at home.

There are some great books out there that address and introduce different family structures, but as a parent I want to be the one who decides when and how it is introduced.

Exactly and that is why PC drives me nuts. If you don't believe in a progressive PC way then you are the devil. Freedom people.

Yes it is his opinions. It is the opinion of many homophobic people that gay people should not teach kids. And I have no problem with a parent wanting to teach their kids about sexuality and not a book. But it seemed like Jeff was upset at the thought of a GAY character teaching kids. He had no problem with a straight headmaster being around children.

Well Jeff didnt say anything about gay marriage but since that is what you want to talk about I dont think gays are trying to pass laws to make straight people marry gay people. I dont think gay people are upset because someone THINKS they shouldnt be able to marry. It is the fact that they are not allowed to get married. No it isnt discriminatory. Was the whole civil rights movement discriminatory?

I personally believe people should be able to live how they want to, and get married if they choose to - gay or straight. I am just saying what I personally believe isn't necessarily what someone else HAS to believe. If I try to impose my views on them I am trying to take away their freedom to believe/live as they wish. As far as someone not wanting "gays" to teach their children, that's also their right.

REALLY ? ! ? We are still on this old topic of homophobia. I came her for pics of the BB God. I don't know why everyone is so concerned about what Jeff thinks about homosexuality. Get over it--What was that week one. GEEEEEEEEEEZ

Really you want to see more pics? Werent there pics week 1? and please dont tell me what to get over.

I agree. I have watched this board for years, but almost never posted. I am sick of seeing everyone STILL dissecting Jeff's 'homophobic' comments. Please, get past them. If it makes you dislike him as a person, fine. But, this board is about BB. Not about Jeff's personal views. I know that part of the fun of watching BB is to pick our favorites and pick apart our villains. This is CRAZY. Quit beating the dead horse!

I don't really care what Jeff thinks about gay people. It is his loss if he is a homophobe and honestly, it is probably best not to jump to conclusions over a remark - especially so if you've never met and/or talked to the person. I take the high road and give Jeff the benefit of the doubt in this until proved otherwise. Jeff is certainly entitled to feel as he wishes just as you and I.

:food-smiley-005: Nothing wrong with a fatcat, and I definately think he is hot

As an american idiom, a fat cat is a person who makes a lot of money and enjoys a privileged position in society. I guess Jeff thinks that we are all fatcat ladies clearly not knowing that Morty's has one and only Fatcat and you are absolutely correct, Fatcat, our Jeff is sizzling hot.

I dont see anything hot about that but that is just me. I guess you have to be a fat cat lady, as he would say, to think that was hot :food-smiley-005:

Why is it okay for you to call people "fat cat ladies" if they think Jeff is hot - or more specifically, that picture of Jeff - but it's not okay to call Kalia fat? jw...

Archived