Jeff - Week 5

CeCiMom

For the record: When I posted that Jeff can be crude in conversation I was not referring to any allegedly politically incorrect remark(s) he has or will make. On the contrary, I find Jeff to be kind and I don't believe that he would go out of his way to be cruel. Insensitive, sometimes; but who of us isn't (sometimes)? I see it all the time here. I like Jeff but our personalities would never mesh. That's okay.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeff is the type of person I would hang around. You have to understand his sense of humor to get him, Jordan gets it. She mentioned earlier that he use to make her cry until she realized that it was just him. He has a hint of sarcasm in most things he says and I am right there with him! :closedeyes:

Also, if Jeff was this huge homophobe that some keep saying he would have NOTHING to do with Lawon period! He would not touch him, sit next to him, talk to him, take a shower in the same shower etc. I think Jeff is just unexposed and uneducated in the matter.

I did think he was a jerk when he told Jordan to just eat and be quiet when they were having the house meeting. Jordan should have said something to him later about how she did not appreciate him talking to her like that. But that did not change my opinion about him, he is a "heated in the moment" type of guy who just needs to be redirected!

I would say Jeff is the funniest person on the show but definitely not the nicest. That honor goes to his girlfriend by far. Jeff has a very very short temper and IMHO isn't a particularly good BB player. His game seems to rely almost entirely on intimidation and he seems play a very straightforward game, creating only one alliance and sticking to it until the end. This is great if you're part of the majority but can mean certain doom if you're not.

I agree Marty, sure occassionally his humour is borderline in some social circles but we've gotten so politically correct most of us can't laugh at ourselves anymore.

His rant about gays teaching was not trying to be funny.

And Marty as for high fiving Lawon I dont give a rats ass. With his rant he slipped up and showed his true feelings. And let's say he does like Lawon,he still thinks Lawon is lesser because he is gay. It's like "I am okay with gay people as long as they arent around my kids molesting them"

And if you want to say I am too P.C. because I dont like being compared to a pedophile then call me too P.C. I LOVE that people try to turn it around on those upset saying there is something wrong with us and there is nothing wrong with Jeff :food-smiley-005:

And Marty as for high fiving Lawon I dont give a rats ass. With his rant he slipped up and showed his true feelings. And let's say he does like Lawon,he still thinks Lawon is lesser because he is gay. It's like "I am okay with gay people as long as they arent around my kids molesting them"

And if you want to say I am too P.C. because I dont like being compared to a pedophile then call me too P.C. I LOVE that people try to turn it around on those upset saying there is something wrong with us and there is nothing wrong with Jeff :food-smiley-005:

I don't think any of us know for sure what is in Jeff's head. To call him a homophobe and to put your own spin on what he was thinking is just plain wrong. You don't have a clue how he feels about gay people. People should not put thoughts in Jeff's heads and words in his mouth that I doubt he ever thought of or saying things that he never said.

Well, his earlier rants that implied gay men were less than acceptable humans coupled with his comment last night that any woman who is upset must be "on her period" may be among the reasons that many people, like me, think that he is not a nice guy at all.

he is a "man's man" ....because they love women and cannot understand it!! to him gay men are unacceptable because he likes women and cannot imagine having passion for a man...that does not make him a hater..just his take on life...and all men make comments on us women when we are emotional and needy..that we must be on our periods..they dont understand it!...He is a nice guy just trying to get through life...Love Jeff he has a good heart

Jeff did not come out and say that the headmaster could not be gay because that would then mean he was going to molest the children, he said that she can't have the headmaster gay in a childrens book, that is the extent of it, and from those words do not a homophobe make, in my opinion of course, not that he thinks in those terms that gays are molesters, I agree with Marty we don't know what he thinks.

he is a "man's man" ....because they love women and cannot understand it!! to him gay men are unacceptable because he likes women and cannot imagine having passion for a man...that does not make him a hater..just his take on life...and all men make comments on us women when we are emotional and needy..that we must be on our periods..they dont understand it!...He is a nice guy just trying to get through life...Love Jeff he has a good heart

OMG REALLY??? :animated_shocking::animated_rotfl:

Nice argument there :animated_rotfl:

Since you like pics so much here is Jeff during his rant

VMq6W.gif

I call this having an opinion, too bad we all can't be seen while we are typing ours out,lolol, just sayin, I would love to see him get hoh this week

me2 get HOH and put Kalia and Dani up

those 2 have a whole lot of ppl after em,lolol they think they are sooo smart, we will see how Grodner plays this one out tonight

No one can put words in Jeff's mouth -- our only clues to how Jeff thinks are his anti-gay rant in his season to russell and his harry pottery comments now. No one can know what he his thinking, you're right -- but they absolutely can ASSUME based on what he says. And sorry, but he leaves himself open to that assumption by the things he's said in the first place. Human beings aren't perfect however, they can be the nicest guy in the world but have prejudices and short comings.

When I heard the rant, my honest interpretation is one of two possible scenarios. 1) That he doesn't cognitively understand the difference between pedophile and homosexual. 2) that he doesn't feel that children should be subject to the confusion of sexuality when they're kids in the first place.

Given the fact he kept telling Kalia not to be politically correct, and not to say her fake answer for tv.. I lean towards option number 1. Others have obviously chosen to lean towards option number 2.

Regardless of which side of the fence you are on .. know that no matter what his intention what he has said -- is homophobic, regardless of intention and people have the right to be upset about it.

Well, his earlier rants that implied gay men were less than acceptable humans coupled with his comment last night that any woman who is upset must be "on her period" may be among the reasons that many people, like me, think that he is not a nice guy at all.

All the girls in the house so far (except Shelly) have made their periods public knowledge and used them for excuses as to why they are in a bad mood so I don't see why it's such a big deal that the men (i.e. Jeff in this case) are using that as well. If women don't want men to stereotype them this way then don't go around whining when you are on your period. As for the gay men stuff, idk I haven't heard him say anything but I really don't think he's a homophobe. I just think people are too sensitive.

How do you know how he feels about Lawon? When has he ever said that Lawon is a lesser person because he is gay? He has NEVER said that. Just because he expressed his views about a gay character in a children's book does not make him a homophobe! It makes him someone who has an opinion on what is introduced to young children through reading.

me2 get HOH and put Kalia and Dani up

Couldn't agree more. Both him and Jordan were talking last night though and they want Rachel to win HOH. They want the blood to be on her hands, not theirs.

I'm sorry Casper, but ASSUME?I was always under the impression that that is never a good idea to just assme something is so just because we MIGHT have an idea it is. I think the idea that we ppl who don't even know the guy have a right? to be upset with him or anyone who throws something out like that and we have no idea where they are coming from is not fair either, and the third thing I feel is that I don't care what he said, as you said noone is perfect and I feel like i can take ppl at face value until they really have proven to me they are coming from the wrong place in the minds and hearts, I dig the guy,and I have friends that don't always act or say the right things, but I do give them the benefit of the doubt till also proven unworthy, and hope they would be as generous to me. I know others see it differently and that is ok too, cause I don't think there is a right or wrong here, just different opinions

Yes, I agree with this. :animated_bouncy:

My point is .. it's wrong to assume he's innocent .. when his comments clearly provide some indication of where he believes. People can assume based on things he's actually said where he stands, with some justification. People giving him such extreme benefit of the doubt and assuming he didn't mean what he said .. just doesn't add up in my book. There is no reason that I can think of to assume someone is innocent, when they've said stuff that implies otherwise. Unless a person simply doesn't want to admit that the person they adore is flawed in some way. I love Rachel, I am one of her strongest defenders .. and yet even I acknowledge her short comings. At the end of the day I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, and I am not telling anyone to not be a fan of Jeff's. I just wish they'd acknowledge that if looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, that maybe it's a duck. Instead of being like well no actually .. it's more like a swan..

I just wish people didn't put him on such a ridiculous pedestal, as he's not the best BB player to ever play the game, and while he has some nice qualities his major redeeming quality are his romance with Jordan and that he's attractive. He has shortcomings to.

And lastly Fatcat, I am okay if you disagree with me .. I didn't mean to get you or anyone else worked up. I am not attacking your right to believe what you do .. I am just relaying why I feel how -I- do.

How do you know how he feels about Lawon? When has he ever said that Lawon is a lesser person because he is gay? He has NEVER said that. Just because he expressed his views about a gay character in a children's book does not make him a homophobe! It makes him someone who has an opinion on what is introduced to young children through reading.

Okay let's pretend you are right about the whole book thing? How does that make his opinion any better? Why cant children learn that there are gay people in the world? As far as I know from the books the heterosexual children in the book fall in love and have relationships. So it is okay for children to read about that but not about a gay person? Why is he not upset about a straight man being the headmaster when there are girls in the school?

And Team Jolie I am sorry but your argument that he is a man's man so therefore that justifies him not be acceptable of gays is hogwash. i have known many manly men in my life who have been acceptable of gay men.

Archived