Sign in to follow this  
ajfan2004

Head Shaving

WOW! Joyce looks beautiful with her shaved head. Her eyes really seem to sparkle now. If you're looking thru this site Joyce..........keep that look!

Yes she definitly does, she has such lovely features including high cheek bones to carry off the look, she is a beautiful woman inside and out. They are such an adorable couple to, it' s awesome how they support each other and I truly hope that they have a family of their own very soon whether by medical methods or adoption..

They so remind me of Chip and Kim, you can feel the love.

Guest Anonymous

I definitely agree -- she's got the face for it.

I missed 30 minutes caught Joyenna coming in first, and all thou I don't know what happened before that, I too agree with the heading to this topic but for me it goes back further then tonights episode. It goes back to the point of where Joyce had her head shaved. The note stating what had to be done to claim the fast forward stated that both people had to complete the sacred ritual. Uchenna did not go through the ritual, he is already bald, and I know its not his fault but its the head shaving thats the ritual. He didn't complete it. So hence should not have gotten the fast forward, even if they would have been told that when they arrived there they would have been in last place which would have left Lynn and Alex in the game oh deary but just that one little ripple of difference should have changed things completely in my opinon. If they are told that they can't get assistance during some challenges and can be penalized for it, then they should have in the least bit had a penalty. Rob and Ron and Amber and Kelly would have tied for first. Ahhh........(trust me I could probably ramble on for another restating everything over and over in different ways.) I am so disappointed!

I missed 30 minutes caught Joyenna coming in first, and all thou I don't know what happened before that, I too agree with the heading to this topic but for me it goes back further then tonights episode.  It goes back to the point of where Joyce had her head shaved.  The note stating what had to be done to claim the fast forward stated that both people had to complete the sacred ritual.  Uchenna did not go through the ritual, he is already bald, and I know its not his fault but its the head shaving thats the ritual. He didn't complete it. So hence should not have gotten the fast forward, even if they would have been told that when they arrived there they would have been in last place which would have left Lynn and Alex in the game oh deary but just that one little ripple of difference should have changed things completely in my opinon.  If they are told that they can't get assistance during some challenges and can be penalized for it, then they should have in the least bit had a penalty.  Rob and Ron and Amber and Kelly would have tied for first.  Ahhh........(trust me I could probably ramble on for another restating everything over and over in different ways.)  I am so disappointed!

bink - Don't even start 'splitting hairs' over the shaving thing. If Uchenna had a hair to shave, he would've done it no problem. Oh, grief. A new can of worms for arguments' sake. Please say we didn't go here...

Pour a cup and put your feet up people. We may be here for a while! :lol::lol:

I'm skipping watching -- I'm glad that Uchenna and Joyce have won.  I think they deserve it.  As far as it being fixed?  Maybe -- but the bottom line is its about entertainment -- were you entertained?

NO!!!!! :cry::cry: just kidding

I know you don't want me to go there Tab's but I need to, there was only a five minutes difference between the time U&J finished the nineth leg and when R&K & R&A should up on the mat the difference it would have taken to cut his hair would have made up 10- 15 minutes in the least. That would have stuck them in a different place and that small ripple could change things completely.

Guest ranster627

First to Spooky! Bravo! Well said! Real life thinking there!!!!

Now just a general throw it out there comment ...

It always occurs to me that people will always see only what they want to and can always justify their opinions with minutia or repetitive reaching into the past ... I have done it defending people many times myself, only to eventually have to accept a new reality.

The facts: U/J won and they deserved it ... if there was cheating, the FCC would have something to say about it ... saying someone is bald meaning they have an advantage means that those who speak spanish while others don't, shouldn't be allowed to use that.

Just like Romber, we may not like some of their tactics, but they were within the rules, which they mastered like an artform ...

Just ranting folks ...

Yeah I know but its they way I feel and all, and I feel things could have ended up differently and all and it is a valid point wether or not people want to take it as that. Any other challenge that called for both people two complete and one of them couldn't would have cost any couple in the least by penalties!

I know things didn't end up differently but I am just sharing what I believe.

Yeah I know but its they way I feel and all, and I feel things could have ended up differently and all and it is a valid point wether or not people want to take it as that.  Any other challenge that called for both people two complete and one of them couldn't would have cost any couple in the least by penalties! 

I know things didn't end up differently but I am just sharing what I believe.

and you have every right

:clap

IMHO!!

Oh people we all have our favorites and our non favorites. The race is over. Can't we all just be friends now??!! (at least until BB starts :wink: )

I know for me anyway I just needed to rant to (hopefully) get it out of my system. And whats the harm in it, American Idols finale is what tomorrow. All the ranting will simmer by then, so that more can begin, and then the finale of Survivor on Sunday, then the long wait till BB.

I know for me anyway I just needed to rant to (hopefully) get it out of my system.  And whats the harm in it,  American Idols finale is what tomorrow.  All the ranting will simmer by then, so that more can begin, and then the finale of Survivor on Sunday, then the long wait till BB.

no two more weeks of AI :lol:

bring on BB :!:

I missed 30 minutes caught Joyenna coming in first, and all thou I don't know what happened before that, I too agree with the heading to this topic but for me it goes back further then tonights episode.  It goes back to the point of where Joyce had her head shaved.  The note stating what had to be done to claim the fast forward stated that both people had to complete the sacred ritual.  Uchenna did not go through the ritual, he is already bald, and I know its not his fault but its the head shaving thats the ritual. He didn't complete it. So hence should not have gotten the fast forward, even if they would have been told that when they arrived there they would have been in last place which would have left Lynn and Alex in the game oh deary but just that one little ripple of difference should have changed things completely in my opinon.  If they are told that they can't get assistance during some challenges and can be penalized for it, then they should have in the least bit had a penalty.  Rob and Ron and Amber and Kelly would have tied for first.  Ahhh........(trust me I could probably ramble on for another restating everything over and over in different ways.)  I am so disappointed!

Again I this is just my thought but I do believe it to be a very valid point I wouldn't address to TAR execs. I know that it won't change the outcome of the game but it might make them think about it for the futrue seasons.

Now just to try to prove my point a little I'm going to use the example of Rob quitting the challenge to take the penalty. Him doing that caused ripples that had others follow suite. Well lets say he didn't back out and finished the task. I (can't say for sure) but I would stake my life on it that the others wouldn't have given up either. Now the task was a roadblock in which only one person could compete, well the fast forward said both people had to go through the ritual. He didn't complete the task so there should have been a penalty of some sort. It would have to be different, cause no one else showed up at the fast forward, so there 4 hrs would never start. But with even a 10 min penalty they would have ended up in 3 changing one outcome, which would change how the first two teams were playing. They were in the mind set to get into first place, where the mind set of staying in first place and advancing the lead is different and would have changed things for the difference.

Anyone have an address I can right to? Anyone willing to debate my (so-called) logic? to help give me a different perspective!

Lots of stuff is edited out of TAR due to time constraints, so for all we know, Uchenna may have asked the fellows at the fast forward if he needed his head re-shaved, they may have said he was already bald enough or maybe they even ran a razor over his head and we didn't see that. Whatever. Get over it. It's not as if it would have taken them more than 30 seconds to give his shiny head a scrape.

Ok I dont like Rob and Amber but they played a good race. I do think they used they celebrity status to get further. So they did have a advantage. I also dont think someone who is bald should be penalized cause they cant get their hair cut. Its not like they said "Oh hey lets go I wont have to get my head shaved." They didnt know. Like I said Congrats to all 3 final teams and Meredith and Gretchen for making it this far.

If Rob had been bald and gone after that fast forward (yeah like AMber would have shaved) NO ONE would have been calling it cheating, it would have been seen as yet one more Romber stroke of genius where Rob outsmarted the system.

Furthermore, if you think back, Uchenna was perfectly ok with the idea of Joyce NOT shaving her head and going back to complete the other tasks.

If Rob had been bald and gone after that fast forward (yeah like AMber would have shaved) NO ONE would have been calling it cheating, it would have been seen as yet one more Romber stroke of genius where Rob outsmarted the system.

To be 100% honest yes I would be, I will admit I aint no U&J fan nothing against them by any means but I still would have picked up on and felt the same way. Althou I may not have voiced the opinon, but then I might have. But for all we know changing that one thing could have put Lynn and Alex back in the race, Romber in the next leg could have had different problems and could have been eliminated. Its just like the analogy I've been trying to use. Toss a tiny pebble into a pond and you create a ripple in the water that starts at the impact (or change of event) and as moves outward from that point, growing larger as it goes before it fades back out of existence. Changing that one event, could have changed who the final 3 were. Rolly, Lynex, Greditich

I hope I'm not coming off harsh, or overbearing. Its not my intention.

There are many things that happened in the race that could have changed the outcome the pebble effect as per say, Rob stealing the 2 girls cab at the hotel for ex. and I am sure I could point out many more. The point is the race is OVER what does it really matter it's only a reality show. To try and discredit U/J win won't change anything. IMO I think the right team won and did it with class.

I really debated about wether to respond to this, but if you can name one thing that would actually cause the ripple, due to a rule, then I will back off. But Romber stealling the taxi, didn't effect any rules.

Lots of stuff is edited out of TAR due to time constraints, so for all we know, Uchenna may have asked the fellows at the fast forward if he needed his head re-shaved, they may have said he was already bald enough or maybe they even ran a razor over his head and we didn't see that.  Whatever.  Get over it.  It's not as if it would have taken them more than 30 seconds to give his shiny head a scrape.

Good point, Twister. I'm sure that the subject of shaving Uchenna's already bald head was addressed at that point...they may have even re-shaved his head for all we know. But how boring would it be to watch U's head get shaved, when much more compelling air time can be spent on watching a woman who's hair probably hadn't been cut in YEARS go through the emotion and drama of having it shaved off! Fantastic editing makes for GREAT T.V., people! All I know is, after that point, I was totally rooting for U & J to win...

Well I just feel I need to apologize for coming so much Stronger on the subject then I was trying for. I guess I am just a little stubbern in my way of thinking.  But I did ask for a debate on the issue to get a clearer picture on the other side of my topic and nobody has taken me up on that.

Someone (can't remember who) did say that they may have shaved U's head but just not shown it on tv. Another thing is that its not that U couldn't shave his head, its that he didnt need to. I just think you are reading way too far into it. I am sure that when U and J got to the task the question of whether U had to shave his already bald head was asked and answered. Anyways, you shouldn't live in the "what if..." world, its not healthy. :)