Sign in to follow this  
ajfan2004

Head Shaving

my haircut is very short anyway

i would do it in a second if a million dollars was on the line 8)

No problem here... it's just hair... it grows back. :D

and even as a gay man

i think Joyce looked very sexy

i find all women who shave their heads sexy

things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm 8)

I agree FLYNWA... I thought Uchen was MORE beautiful after her hair was shaved... and this is going to seem strange but, she looked thinner too... Hmmm? I dunno just an observation.

First bravo to Joyce and Uchenna for doing what no other team IMO would have done. I would hope that I would do the same thing.

She looks great both ways :!:

I was on the edge of my chair hoping they'd make it in 1st :shock:

They are totally awesome!! I wouldnt have gone for the fast forward because if you cant/wont do it your screwed but out of the two ff's (Crossing that rope bridge way up high and shaving my head) I would much rather shave!

I think Joyce looks better without her hair... She took that whole thing pretty good!!

Props..

I just couldn't do it, I mean if it was for a million dollars then yes, but all that got them was first place for that leg. I thought Joyce really looking amazing with her head shaved, not many women can pull off that look, but she looks great, the one thing I didnt like was that they didnt get a prize for coming in first. I know they dont always giveout a prize, but I think who ever came in first for that leg deserved a prize, especially since the leg was so long.

I was shocked she did it. No amount of money would get me to cut off my hair, thats the only thing I get great compliments on. No amount of money is worth my hair, I'd be soooooo ugly without hair. At least Joyce has a nice head and she looks alright. But I definatly could never do that, not for anything.

I'd do it if I was there. To participate in the race I would be willing and prepared to do almost anything. I wouldn't be happy about it and I'm sure I would have been a raving bitch over it..my partner would be crying by the time the first strand was cut ..but I'd do it.

Guest XandraSkye
I just couldn't do it, I mean if it was for a million dollars then yes, but all that got them was first place for that leg. I thought Joyce really looking amazing with her head shaved, not many women can pull off that look, but she looks great, the one thing I didnt like was that they didnt get a prize for coming in first. I know they dont always giveout a prize, but I think who ever came in first for that leg deserved a prize, especially since the leg was so long.

That's pretty much what I was thinking too. I was annoyed they didn't get a prize also and I think of all the women left in the race Joyce is the only one who could of pulled off the bald head look. I thought she looked great. I never would of done it. I'm not all that attractive WITH my hair, would hate to see what I'd look like without it.

Joyce earned my utmost respect last night and I'm totally rooting for them now, not that I wasn't rooting for them already. :D

No way I could cut my hair...well I might but only if they handed me the 1 million $$$ right then and there. I would soooo cry my eyes out cuz my hair is almost to my waist...I got 6 inches cut off few months back and I was upset..hehe

Guest Taloola
What I thought was great was how Uchenna kept telling her he loved her and how beautiful she looked. It seemed that it was upsetting him just as much if not more than her. I now have a new respect for him and her. And she looks GREAT with or without hair

I agree KrazyBroad. It was nice to see a man compliment his wife and give her the respect she needed.

Would I do it? YES. Hair grows back and it's not the end of the world. As far as what I would look like.....eek.....I would hate to even have to see that. :shock:

They're a team that I like very much in this race (along with Rob and Amber). For her to go to that extent then I give her all the credit in the world. Good for her!

And she did look beautiful :!:

What I thought was great was how Uchenna kept telling her he loved her and how beautiful she looked. It seemed that it was upsetting him just as much if not more than her. I now have a new respect for him and her. And she looks GREAT with or without hair

I concur I thought it was wonderful he kept saying that. I couldn't shave my head but I have great respect that Joyce did it.

I agree. I was very touched by the way Uchenna handled it. And YES, I would have done it. Hair grows back. I would have looked awfull, but I would have done it.

Guest Anonymous

I think that somewhere in the process of having her haircut, she found out what the ritual really meant. There would be a certain level of 'freedom' from letting go and just letting it happen -- a very zen thing to do. She did really look beautiful without the hair - but the fear is something I could completely understand. I think her "prize" might have beens something a little better than a trip. At least thats what she can console herself with! :wink:

I found it very heart-wrenching to watch Joyce cry and sob as they were shaving her head and Uchenna telling her how much he loved her and how beautiful she looked....it just had me tearing up...... :( And she did look beautiful!

I would NEVER in a million years shave my head or cut my hair really short. But then again, I'm vain about my looks..... :oops:

I think it wasnt the thought of the prize for that leg that made her do it. I think she realized that once you commit to the ff, if you dont do it you are almost always destined to be eliminated from the race. I remember reading a post that said they are doing this for money to have invitro fertilization and when I saw the ff was shaving I knew she would do it, thinking she was doing it for her kid. I hope if they dont win the million that some nice doctor comes forward, waives his fees, and helps them realize their dream.

That said I personally would have shave and personally would have been mad that the idiots in charge of the show didnt think this terribly long, insanily hard leg deserved a prize!

Adoption isn't cheap monetarily or emotionally. I know from experience. My husband and I are in the middle of trying to adopt. And I'm sure Joyce was thinking about the child she wanted when they were shaving her head. I know I would've been.

Good Luck..I wish you the best.

I agree that Joyce probably only shaved her head because she knew that this was her chance for a child. To me that shows they are a good couple.