Is BB fixed/manipulated?

SovFan10

If they were going to copy Survivor with a twist then why not do it exactly and make the person compete more than once. As for being fixed or not, I don't think that they are talking about the weather in those sometimes lengthy DR sessions. Manipulated is the better word. I see no reason for the DR other than very brief glimpses of how a HG really feels of which we see only snippets. The DR is key to BB manipulation and IMO should never have been.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they were going to copy Survivor with a twist then why not do it exactly and make the person compete more than once. As for being fixed or not, I don't think that they are talking about the weather in those sometimes lengthy DR sessions. Manipulated is the better word. I see no reason for the DR other than very brief glimpses of how a HG really feels of which we see only snippets. The DR is key to BB manipulation and IMO should never have been.

Well I always said during that last DR session, Jordan in BB11 was called to the DR and stayed for 3 hours in the middle of the night while Kevin and Nat slept. The next day during the HOH comp she smoke Natalie in the HOH comp! Now this girl could not win a comp unless it was given to her! It was a quiz and phyical activity. She was terrible at everything, but this particular comp she ran it! I believe to this day that the DR gave her help to win because they didnt want her to leave because of ratings. So yes the DR is giving the players information ( we know this because the players slip and tell us on feeds) and they do manipulations to try and get you to vote one way. And remember allstars when they rigged the machine so Eric could win, but Howie called it out and they had to redo the HOH comp over again. U GOT TO LOVE BB!

I think BB should try a completely new twist. For instance, let a HOH be allowed to plant a secret mike on one fellow HG. In this either Jeff or Brendon or both. But make this a one time only ever event. :inquisitive:

or just turn on the audio to the HOH feeds for a day or a couple hours

I think BB should try a completely new twist. For instance, let a HOH be allowed to plant a secret mike on one fellow HG. In this either Jeff or Brendon or both. But make this a one time only ever event. :inquisitive:

I think a better secret power/twist idea would be to allow a HoH access to the live feeds for a few hours or day or something.

But the deal is, they aren't allowed to reveal the secret power to anyone or what they've learned. If they do, they become an instant replacement for someone on the block.

If they get evicted and blab about it in the jury house, they lose their stipend.

I think a better secret power/twist idea would be to allow a HoH access to the live feeds for a few hours or day or something.

But the deal is, they aren't allowed to reveal the secret power to anyone or what they've learned. If they do, they become an instant replacement for someone on the block.

If they get evicted and blab about it in the jury house, they lose their stipend.

for example....turn on the audio for the feeds to the HOH room TV

I just wonder if the obvious manipulation has ruined for anyone other than me? I don't even watch anymore. I don't care which loser gets to the end. This is the worst BB ever. I have seen them all.

No, honestly it enhances it for me. I see your point, but BB advertised from the first show they would do whatever they wanted to influence the house, including having America vote and be in on it too. Dick is wrong on his nightly show when he complains about BB influencing the show, he was lucky they did it for him! In fact, I didn't even watch that finale because I couln't stand dick or dani but I still don't want to complain about Grodner's influence. She really saved BB11 with the Coup for Jeff. I couldn't Stand Gnatalie so I was thrilled!

I think this year is way better than last. BB11 is still my very favorite though.

No, honestly it enhances it for me. I see your point, but BB advertised from the first show they would do whatever they wanted to influence the house, including having America vote and be in on it too. Dick is wrong on his nightly show when he complains about BB influencing the show, he was lucky they did it for him! In fact, I didn't even watch that finale because I couln't stand dick or dani but I still don't want to complain about Grodner's influence. She really saved BB11 with the Coup for Jeff. I couldn't Stand Gnatalie so I was thrilled!

I think this year is way better than last. BB11 is still my very favorite though.

At least on Dicks season all the players knew that America was going to be involved and have influence on the out come. Where as the coup-de-Jeff, diamond power of veto, etc seem just to be given "when needed' for the show. I would much rather have them compete for those then just be handed to them.

As for the DR sessions, I have no doubt that production tries to get them to look at and discuss all possibilities. It is after all a TV show and CBS needs to have footage that needs to show the viewer that the vote is "still up in the air" to create a little drama. I have no problem with that. However, if the DR gives them info on what other HG's said about them or others that they didn't hear first hand or from another HG in order for them to change their vote or nomination, then I have a problem with that.

Guest Corky812

I don't think it's necessarily about someone's " side" not getting what they want, but more about the obvious outcome of what Producer Alison wants. She is paying the vets $25,000 each (and probably some other perks) and I am sure she wants a return on her investment to get Brendon/Rachel and Jordan/Jeff to the final 4, with the orginal plan being (just my opinion) to get the vets to F6. Not to mention, what I heard about DR just recently and Jeff "not going to knuckle under to production" and vote Dani to stay (if I heard that correctly)....just saying!

After for watching/not watching, I feel that that little to do with being a fan or not. I consider myself a BB Fan because I have been a loyal watcher and supporter since BB1, but if I chose NOT to watch something that is not enjoyable to me I don't think that is not being a fan anymore. I am NOT a Brenchel fan and watching them, to me, would be like having to watch WWE or reruns of I Love Lucy, because I think they (WWE/Lucy) are stupid and annoying. I am NOT a Jeff/Jordan fan at all this season. I was NOT a Dani fan her season, like her a little better this season, but not much. That does not mean I wanted her back or I'm happy that BB fixed or manipulated her to win HOH when she needed it most!

Bottom line is I DO think it's fixed and manipulated for Producer Alison's side and no one elses. If CBS's ratings drop then it's up to them to take a good hard look at why and if BB's ratings drop they should pay attention to ALL the fans. Seems to me (and I could be wrong) that the majority of people DO NOT want past players returning, whether they are their favs or not. Again, ALL just my opinion!

Everyone needs to quit with the mellow drama about quitting watching the game cause your side isn't getting it's way. I will admit, that after Brenchel left last season, I wasn't really into watching any of the remaining people win, but I still hung in there to see if Britney could out last the Brigade. Hanging in there in good weeks and bad weeks is all part of the role of being a BB fan. For every fan who shuts off the tv mid season because they don't like where things are going with the show player wise, they make CBS's rating drop. Having CBS lose viewers = bad, and could eventually = no more BB, period.

Suck it up, and let it play out.

Everyone needs to quit with the mellow drama about quitting watching the game cause your side isn't getting it's way. I will admit, that after Brenchel left last season, I wasn't really into watching any of the remaining people win, but I still hung in there to see if Britney could out last the Brigade. Hanging in there in good weeks and bad weeks is all part of the role of being a BB fan. For every fan who shuts off the tv mid season because they don't like where things are going with the show player wise, they make CBS's rating drop. Having CBS lose viewers = bad, and could eventually = no more BB, period.

Suck it up, and let it play out.

I did pretty much quit watching last year. I did not like Lane and Hayden and I thought Britney was the stupid one for not realizing that she would get dumped which she did; of course. Anyway, hated BB12.

I won't be watching BB if things don't cool down a tad. I am on the fence about it already. People like Shelly don't entertain me one bit. A little bit of her is fine but not days on end. No. But, thanks. I've a line and entertainment expectation. Others might or might not have theirs and that is their business but my line is in place.

I will see how tomorrow plays out - I am expecting nothing but being positive that maybe Rachel and Jordan will come from the fracas unscathed. Jeff and Adam will hopefully stick together.

As for CBS and viewership: viewers without the benefit of forums such as this one or live feeds or BBAD have no clue what those people are really like so the whole thing is something of a sham, anyway.

Before I am misunderstood, let me just clarify that I like some chaos but I like for situations to remedy themselves quickly - I am not a soap fan - and BB tends to drag the drama out long past its due date.

"Move 'em in, move 'em out. RAWHIDE"!

I'm a long time BB enthusiast. I have always loved the show. However, if there is any truth at all to the rumors that Dani or anyone else is being coached from behind the walls, including being fed or given other forbidden stuff when HaveNot or whatever, then that does it for me. We are not here to watch a scripted season.

Also, if any contestant is doing something they are not allowed to do, such as Dani or anyone else eating when a HaveNot, then they should be penalized. Period.

So, is BB fixed/manipulated? Absolutely! BUT, it IS a T.V. show. Even the "houseguests" refer to themselves occasionally as the "cast." Obviously, if everything was left up to those yahoos in the house, it would be a stupid, boring dumb show as clearly, "they ain't the brightest bulbs in the pack." I believe it's the producers job to keep them talking about strategy and stirring up the drama. If it was just people chatting and talking about normal mundane life, I, for one, would not be watching the feeds. Just sayin...

I have always been pretty sure about the "coaching" but it seems to have gotten worse the last 2 or 3 years/seasons. I really am disappointed and it is making me lose my desire to watch the show as much. When you hear people are being strong armed so to speak into flipping their vote for the show.

I have always been such a fan and now :sadwalk:

I agree with all this "Dani and production team" totally unfair. Yes, DR has made comments before but never this blatant for 1 player. It also seems she is getting away with lots of eatting. Also, she gets her soft brown blanket and lots of towels to make her HN bed soft??? WTF???? All the other HNs have frozen, used army blankets, and slept on the hard mattresses.. This is very poor job on productions part.

I agree with all this "Dani and production team" totally unfair. Yes, DR has made comments before but never this blatant for 1 player. It also seems she is getting away with lots of eatting. Also, she gets her soft brown blanket and lots of towels to make her HN bed soft??? WTF???? All the other HNs have frozen, used army blankets, and slept on the hard mattresses.. This is very poor job on productions part.

very correct - sadly

true Voldermort is a spoiled little creep! :palpatine: I hope she gets EXTREMELY excited and then RacHo votes her out!

I do think that the DR people have way more influence than they should - in my world - and that it seems to increase each year. What would totally make me angry would be for them to influence me greatly and have everybody hate me and then I couldn't say, "they made me do it," after the fact. Apparently, you sign your life away to go on these shows because everyone is M U M about it afterwards.

after I heard this BS about how suddenly Jordan and Rachel can pull both of them off the block...yeah no doubt...and that's the thing...I like Jordan...but lately it's really irritating with all these twists...I mean honestly what is the point of HoH anymore?

They got Brendon out...surprise! He's back

They put up Rachel and Jordan...surprise! They can both come off now

the twists wouldn't bother me as much if they were announced in the beginning

"HG's, there will be a double eviction in week so and so....HG's in week so and so there will be a special veto where the person on the block can pull BOTH noms off"

-Kyo

after I heard this BS about how suddenly Jordan and Rachel can pull both of them off the block...yeah no doubt...and that's the thing...I like Jordan...but lately it's really irritating with all these twists...I mean honestly what is the point of HoH anymore?

They got Brendon out...surprise! He's back

They put up Rachel and Jordan...surprise! They can both come off now

the twists wouldn't bother me as much if they were announced in the beginning

"HG's, there will be a double eviction in week so and so....HG's in week so and so there will be a special veto where the person on the block can pull BOTH noms off"

-Kyo

Yes, if BB anounced to the audience weeks in advance, it would seem less likely that this show is rigged. But definitely, this twist is 100% to help Jordan and Rachel. Seriously, they could have come up with this shortly after Jeff was evicted and Porsche won HOH and everyone realized that Jordan or Rachel would be evicted this week (and they seem to have more fans than the newbies).

Yes, if BB anounced to the audience weeks in advance, it would seem less likely that this show is rigged. But definitely, this twist is 100% to help Jordan and Rachel. Seriously, they could have come up with this shortly after Jeff was evicted and Porsche won HOH and everyone realized that Jordan or Rachel would be evicted this week (and they seem to have more fans than the newbies).

to me announcing at the start of the comp TO the HG's would take the secrecy out of it...I mean it would still change gameplay...then if Rach/Jordo won this week then I can go whine to myself and say "well it sucks, but Rachel won fair and square"

no doubt this comp will be right up her alley

-Kyo

i cant say i am shock bb pulled another coup de charity out of the hat :stirthepot:

i was waiting for it and boom here it is :animated_wave:

from the moment the vets enter the picture i figured a vet would win the game

i still think a vet will win the game even thou the odds arent looking so good :animated_bouncy:

Clearly they didn't expect Jeff to go home this week so they are now scrambling to keep Jordan and Rachel safe. The HOH comp had Adam written all over it. They knew Adam wouldn't put up Jeff but just in case they threw in the physical veto comp just to insure Jeff's safety. He would have easily won Veto if he'd been paying attention. I said yesterday when it was taking so long for the Noms to take place that production was scrambling to come up with a way to keep Rachel and Jordan safe. Sure enough not an hour later out comes this Pandora's Box that only benefits Jordan/Rachel. I've never seen the attempt at rigging be so obvious. Every twist this season has only been to benefit the Vets. Mainly Jeff and Jordan.

i cant say i am shock bb pulled another coup de charity out of the hat :stirthepot:

i was waiting for it and boom here it is :animated_wave:

from the moment the vets enter the picture i figured a vet would win the game

i still think a vet will win the game even thou the odds arent looking so good :animated_bouncy:

Any uvp projections (other than the above), at this point?

Do they make you open Pandora's box? Because based on the past shows and Porche's involvement with people I would never have risked opening it. Can't miss what you don't have, but being in control this week and knocking out a vet? That would have been enough power for me. Some people are so greedy. She can look back at that as the "aha" moment of losing out on winning this season.

Said it once on another thread and will say it again. So disappointed in the heavy handedness of the production staff - from Danielle's friends, to Brendon's do over chance, and this POV doubles thing. To quote something I overheard, "IS that the best you got?"

Archived