Is BB fixed/manipulated?

SovFan10

I a surprised that no one has said this yet...even if pandoras box was not opened and Rachel won the pov herself and took herself off. Porshe was putting Adam up as a replacement nominee. So that left Rachel kalia and shelly to vote. Rachel would have voted Adam out and I also believe shelly would have voted Adam out as well, Jordan would have been safe either way. Shelly would never have voted Jordan out after their talk!!!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I a surprised that no one has said this yet...even if pandoras box was not opened and Rachel won the pov herself and took herself off. Porshe was putting Adam up as a replacement nominee. So that left Rachel kalia and shelly to vote. Rachel would have voted Adam out and I also believe shelly would have voted home out as well, Jordan would have been safe either way. Shelly would never have voted Jordan out after their talk!!!

Sorry should say shelly would have voted Adam out as well!!

Very good point. Never thought of that.

I wouldn't have had a problem if that's the way things played out. It's the fact that production handed them safety on a silver platter is what I don't like. I don't even have a problem with the manipulation of comps that are geared toward certain hg's strengths. At this point in the game just let it play out. Don't give me the crap about ratings. There's only 2 weeks left anyway. CBS isn't going to cancel the show because ratings dropped the last 2 weeks.

I wouldn't have had a problem if that's the way things played out. It's the fact that production handed them safety on a silver platter is what I don't like. I don't even have a problem with the manipulation of comps that are geared toward certain hg's strengths. At this point in the game just let it play out. Don't give me the crap about ratings. There's only 2 weeks left anyway. CBS isn't going to cancel the show because ratings dropped the last 2 weeks.

Okay.

Didn't that conversation happen after Pandora's Box?

I think its a bit naive to think Shelly wouldn't have voted Jordan out instead of Adam if Pandora's box hadn't happened. I don't believe that conversation between Jordan and Shelly would have been at all the same had the box not been opened. Shelly acts based on what happens in the house and once it became clear that she was potentially at risk, she started covering her butt, hence the conversation. And just like that conversation won't really change how Jordan votes, I think it wouldn't really change Shelly's. Keeping Adam around is the better game move. Shelly has a much better shot against him than Jordan, and she knows it.

I thought the Duo twist to Pandora's Box made perfect sense in light of the theme of this year's BB. However, if the game was something Rachel has already done well in, then it look to me, more like the game is manipulated.

I would like to think its not but I am not sure now. When Dani was going to be evicted and Jeff said to Jordan I don't care what they say (meaning the DR)I was wondering why they would be trying to talk him out of it. Then when Dani said her friends in production would quit if she was evicted and then Shelly. Shelly was a little on the outs the week before when she and adam were on the block and she knew that Jeff would not have used the veto to save them she thought that she was being played. So I don't know if that opened the door for her to flip or if in fact the diary room did. It was unusual to see someone flip that fast especially after a long diary room session. I really hope that they don't but who knows

at least you admit it

-Kyo

Yeah. I think there is lots of wasted effort here with people providing wordy support for this and that when they know deep in their hearts that if the situation were reversed either pro or con their favorite(s), their thinking would be totally different. I am guilty of it. My likes and dislikes on BB are 100% personal and have little basis whatsoever in gameplay. I used to play the devil's advocate, as well, but don't do that anymore though we have several posters enamoured of that approach.

Frankly, I enjoy Morty's more than Big Brother, itself. It is nice to see the same people from year to year and show to show. Comforting and nice to know that they are well in their lives. (That includes YOU).

Yeah. I think there is lots of wasted effort here with people providing wordy support for this and that when they know deep in their hearts that if the situation were reversed either pro or con their favorite(s), their thinking would be totally different. I am guilty of it. My likes and dislikes on BB are 100% personal and have little basis whatsoever in gameplay. I used to play the devil's advocate, as well, but don't do that anymore though we have several posters enamoured of that approach.

Frankly, I enjoy Morty's more than Big Brother, itself. It is nice to see the same people from year to year and show to show. Comforting and nice to know that they are well in their lives. (That includes YOU).

You are right about this. Even if I don't like the manipulation by BB in general, when it works out to be a help to a HG I like, I can let it go. If it helps one I didn't like, I'd be yelling FOUL! But no matter what they do or who wins each season I will still watch. And Morty's is a huge part of the BB season. Wouldn't be half as fun without being able to come here and read all the posts. Morty's and all the people who post here are the best.

Other than the fact that it IS a reality show on the air for ratings and certainly isn't the only one directed & manipulated by production.......did someone hand Rachel the POV or did she have to WIN it? Maybe I missed that part?

On the other hand, I agree that if someone I'm rooting for goes out on a "twist", I never think it's fair.

We all know BB is produced to achieve entertainment over fairness, to a certain degree. But, at least with BB we know most of what's going on, so we're aware of any manipulation.

Compare that to a show like Survivor, which I bet is 90% faked. We have no idea how much the producers manipulate that game. I bet they manipulate almost everything. From extra food and care for some players, to assistance, and maybe even blatant cheating. We just don't know, because the producers keep everything but 60 minutes of editing from us.

I think BB realized that after season 6, they needed to get more involved to keep the game interesting. That was a horrible season, after the house split in two and the hated contestants took over the house. It was boring and disgusting to watch. (I quit watching, and considered never watching another BB season ever.)

We all know BB is produced to achieve entertainment over fairness, to a certain degree. But, at least with BB we know most of what's going on, so we're aware of any manipulation.

Compare that to a show like Survivor, which I bet is 90% faked. We have no idea how much the producers manipulate that game. I bet they manipulate almost everything. From extra food and care for some players, to assistance, and maybe even blatant cheating. We just don't know, because the producers keep everything but 60 minutes of editing from us.

I think BB realized that after season 6, they needed to get more involved to keep the game interesting. That was a horrible season, after the house split in two and the hated contestants took over the house. It was boring and disgusting to watch. (I quit watching, and considered never watching another BB season ever.)

I actually loved Season 6. I was for Janelle all the way and was disappointed in the outcome but at least it seemed more fair, with less manipulation. Sometimes the team you root for doesn't win, that's life!

I disagree. I don't think Survivor is 90% faked. They do spend time putting the show together but the experience is real for the survivors.

Season 6 was one of the highest rated seasons ever. It was my favorite season for sure. I loved it.. I guess we disagree.

My likes and dislikes on BB are 100% personal and have little basis whatsoever in gameplay.

Me too and me too!

I also, admit it, and have been admitting it all year. A posters big attack on me once was "YOU DON'T LIKE BB AS A GAME!!!!" :animated_rotfl: :animated_rotfl:

True! SO? :food-smiley-005::outfitted_pirate:

Archived