Is BB fixed/manipulated?

SovFan10

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know for sure if they even put every eligible players' names into the bag for POV?

I've always wondered this.

Sure seems like its either only B/R or J/J chips in there though, doesn't it. But I agree that they probably give the chips to the HGs, because they would just think the same thing and I don't remember hearing any suspicion from HGs in any season.

You guys have a point with each HG having their chip..just a bit more noticeable this year since they are picked in couples and only one couple has been picked from the bag the first three weeks.

In singles I don't think they would put more chips for one HG in the bag since the same HG could be drawn twice.

EDIT: Well Kalia just made a comment about asking Lawon if their key (chip) was even in the bag....so maybe they really aren't in the bag for now

Yea i'm sure we all knew that too, but it was just weird hearing all of our suspicions confirmed straight from their mouths. Chima even said that the show started to go down hill once Shapiro left and Grodner took over, which i think is true

Chiapets opinion matters only to herself...

Dont even get me started on the manipulation of Big Brother. They had a great idea where they would spin a wheel and it had all the houseguests names on it. But nope Grodner did not like that she had very little control. Big Brother is like Las Vegas now. The house almost always wins and controls things. I recently rewatched Big Brother 2 and it was by far a WAY better game than it is now. Not because Dr. Will. But they actually played the game and no jury, didn't care about banner planes. Everything was relaxed and it was anyone's game to win.

I started watching Big brother since Big Brother 1. Didn't watch 2 and 3 live but really got into it for 4,5,6,7 and beyond. The game used to be SOOOOO much better.

I always dreamed of being on big brother but now I really can't say that I would want to even play in today's big brother. I could imagine me winning the veto and taking myself off then all of a sudden julie says "America has voted for the Veto this week to be void!" And there is not a damn thing you can do it about it.

The thing that was great back in the day when they intruduced a twist you would be like OMG WOW Didn't expect that I could tell they came up with it before the show started. But now when you see a twist in today's game you will ALWAYS see it geared towards someone or a group in general's favor to advance further and you can totally tell they come up with the twist to manipulate the game. They probably have a list of Twists they could throw in the game if things dont go their way.

The coup de ta or whatever is what turned me off to this game . That and Ronnie (mainly because he said he was going to play the game like Dr. Will and Dan and he was HORRIBLE , and that he was at the same casting call as I was in Columbus OHIO) Big brother always said expect the unexpected but the unexpected is a list of "how can we get this person to stay in the game". Oh and I forgot all about Allstars and the Chicken George veto. He had no chance of winning the veto at all and all of a sudden balls are picked out of a bag and all GUYS are picked. Wow because the Veto comp was about shaving your head and BB only put guys names in the bag. They knew chicken george would do all those things no problem. I don't hate Chicken George by any means but him winning kicked out Jase which would have been awesome to see him play longer.

To end my rant I just wish they would stop the gimmicks and let them play the game. Get rid of the veto. Get rid of slop and go back on PBandJ , No Twists, No Coup De TA'S and have at it. Just one throwback season and then they can go back to having Alison grodner shove who SHE thinks make good TV down our throats.

Just let them PLAY!

I don't have access to the live feeds so I only know what I read here, but it seemed like production has been feeding Dani information today.

BB seems to want her to split the Vets up already? Or was I not interpriting the written feeds properly? :inquisitive:

Big mistake combining newbies and oldies this time. Not exciting to me so far. The oldies are ruling the house and will as long as newbies don't step it up. I like when all the people are new and then you don't have anyone relying on someone who has played the game. And..as was said above the newbies had to team up with someone they had no idea about, and yet the oldies came in with their partner already having played the game. Not fair, and certainly not working I'd say. Sure, I can believe they are coached, several times it becomes apparent, that's what reality shows are all about. Would be nice to let them go on their own but maybe pick better people, then again probably wouldn't make for a good show.

Lets face it, we are the viewers who put up with this. I for am not into this season, but yes, I'm still watching.

I completely agree!! I can't believe that there are NO new people, who are just dieing to get on the show with NEW ideas on how they can win. Butt, to have 43% (originally) of the 14 represented in BB13 by past contestants, is lazy casting, and programming!!

I think we have all expressed our displeasure about the casting of the last few BBs.

Especially, when compared to the "Survivor" casting.

I too am not into this season; however, as you-"bboop" has commented...I'm still watching. Altho, no more watching "BB After Dark" for me this season!!

Here's one obvious case of manipulation via the DR....

9:19AM BBT: Jordan and Daniele are chatting in the bubblegum room. You can't hear them through the whispering but one of them said, "Throw each other under the bus," then, "Who told you/her that?" "She said, "production." We got WBRB then, "Going after stronger players."

It's pretty obvious that there's considerable manipulation going on by the producers. They want Brenchel to remain in the game for as long as possible for the drama. They also wanted Jeff/Jordan to turn on them, and wanted Brenchel to find out so they would turn on Jeff/Jordan - for even more drama (while making sure that as many newbies as possible, particularly those that could be competition, are voted out prior to any veterans).

Production wants the veterans to control the game (I'm sure they were told this when signing back on). The only reality show that we watch that I don't think has a lot of manipulation (of course, every reality show has at least some) - is Amazing Race. That's still my favorite reality show.

Yeah, BB kept cutting the feeds (very quickly) each time this was brought up yesterday. There's some really obvious production manipulation going on behind the scenes. I'm really kind of disgusted by the whole show this season. Getting tired of BB, I think.

Yeah, BB kept cutting the feeds (very quickly) each time this was brought up yesterday. There's some really obvious production manipulation going on behind the scenes. I'm really kind of disgusted by the whole show this season. Getting tired of BB, I think.

Yeah, it was bad yesterday.

It's funny that BB is still trying to hide us from their 'secrets'.

Yeah, it was bad yesterday.

It's funny that BB is still trying to hide us from their 'secrets'.

I know. I think it would be more interesting if they did let us in on DR's, even if they do manipulate it. I mean, if you look at the real concept of Big Brother (in the 1984 novel), BB did more than concentrate people into an area and feed them. BB controlled their lives and the outcomes of situations, so the concept of manipulating the game doesn't really bother me. It's the fact that they won't let us in on it. Even if they're manipulating it by putting ideas in their heads, the HG's still have freewill to make their own decisions, I assume. It would be kind of cool to see them rebel against BB.

Yesterday BB had to go to WBRB many times because HGs would say something about production. And Dani seemed to be almost frantic in her campaign to get Jeff on the block and out. It makes me wonder if the DR put something in her head about Jeff coming after her. Now if so, then I'm thinking that they do plan to bring back one of the first four evicted and if R/B were to put J/J on the block and vote out Jeff, can you imagine the fireworks that would ensue when Jeff came walking back in with only one thing on his mind? Revenge.

I know. I think it would be more interesting if they did let us in on DR's, even if they do manipulate it. I mean, if you look at the real concept of Big Brother (in the 1984 novel), BB did more than concentrate people into an area and feed them. BB controlled their lives and the outcomes of situations, so the concept of manipulating the game doesn't really bother me. It's the fact that they won't let us in on it. Even if they're manipulating it by putting ideas in their heads, the HG's still have freewill to make their own decisions, I assume. It would be kind of cool to see them rebel against BB.

That was one of the things I liked about BBUK. We didn't hear everything that went on in the DR but they had a lot of clips and we heard BB talking to them and messing with their minds. It added a lot to the show.

How would Dom get to stay?

I said this is another thread.. I just think since production isn't "original" by any means it might be similar to Season 9 when noone left the week they went to singles.. instead the door was locked and Julie made the announcement of a game change.

I said this is another thread.. I just think since production isn't "original" by any means it might be similar to Season 9 when noone left the week they went to singles.. instead the door was locked and Julie made the announcement of a game change.

Ahh, I forgot about that! Well, if this happens, I'd say it's manipulation and was not pre-planned. BB said once they give all the 10 golden keys, thus being the F10, they'd go to singles. So technically, if the above happened, BB would have lied to us all (unsurprisingly so).

They won't let him stay because Brenchel would have a temper tantrum and walk off the show. They already threatened to quit when Dick left, and when they lost the luxury comp. Could you imagine what they'd do if this HOH was a waste?

I was thinking the same thing...I can't lie, I kinda hope that is what happens and Dom stays tonight (Yes I am a Dom fan and not ashamed to admit it...lol)...I really don't have a favorite "side" of the house, I am just tired of the vets winning everything and the game being so predictable. I am really annoyed by BB this season...Yes, I am still watching (because I am such a big fan) but I am really disappointed in how everything is playing out and the "twists".

On season 9 when the doors locked and the sound went off someone did go home, that year the couples were nominated as couples and went home as couples. Ryan's partner went home. So Dominic will still be gone. As far as manipulation I am sure there was until last year, that whole season was bad and no matter what they tried it did not get better. I hope the new twist is that the golden key holders are the only people that can be nominated this week, I would enjoy Dani's face when she realizes that she can't come after Jeff or Brendon this week.

this is my neck of the woods

the questionable rigging/manipulation really started after bb6

if i am not mistaken that is when allison grodner took over

bb6 started the trend of hg being insanely popular aka finger banging era lol.......

this is one reason why for me bb2-5 will always be the golden era of bb for me

all in all the questionable rigging /manipulation by allison grodner is her cheap but effective way of boasting ratings and giving "some" fans what they want

coup de charity for jeff surely did boast the ratings

one questionable event i never understood why it happen was the screwing of sharon in bb9 with the guinea pig question

i dont think bb is fixed thou since if that was the case hg liked jeff, crazy james , jessie etc.. would have won the game their season

bb being fixed would mean a predetermine winner and that person would win the game

no matter how much help a certain producers darling may get help, if they are bad players it wont matter much :animated_bouncy:

I remember how many stunts production pulled to keep Crazy James in the game. I mean, I liked him, and I thought he was a strong competitor with a bunch of yahoos, but even I thought that was ridiculous. you can see it everyone in the shows now.

I have been an loyal fan of BB since season one, and I believe that if the game were fixed that there would have been some law suits over the past 12 years. That being said, I am almost sure that the producers encourage the staff to plant seeds of doubt to the HG in the DR . They also want the HG to think outside the box with the what ifs. That is why we get a lot of WBRB when the HG talk about their DR sessions.

Why it now seems like the show is manipulated or fixed compared to seasons past has to do with the type of ppl trying out for the show. Most contestants don't want to win the game. They just want to become famous. As a result, we have a lot more twist and turns to the game to accomadate for the lack of fighting to win the ultimate prize. We are now seeing more floaters and less B/R, J/J and D/D players. Love them or not, these are here to play the game and win...I'm like Shelly, I don't want to just play to go out the final 5th..So I see that the producers have to change the game and egg HG's and plant seed's of doupt in their mind...

Yes all reality shows are manipulated somewhat, but there would be a law suit waiting to happen, if the game was fixed with the producer's outcome...then reality shows would be played with robots...

Archived