Is BB fixed/manipulated?

SovFan10

this is my neck of the woods

the questionable rigging/manipulation really started after bb6

if i am not mistaken that is when allison grodner took over

bb6 started the trend of hg being insanely popular aka finger banging era lol.......

this is one reason why for me bb2-5 will always be the golden era of bb for me

all in all the questionable rigging /manipulation by allison grodner is her cheap but effective way of boasting ratings and giving "some" fans what they want

coup de charity for jeff surely did boast the ratings

one questionable event i never understood why it happen was the screwing of sharon in bb9 with the guinea pig question

i dont think bb is fixed thou since if that was the case hg liked jeff, crazy james , jessie etc.. would have won the game their season

bb being fixed would mean a predetermine winner and that person would win the game

no matter how much help a certain producers darling may get help, if they are bad players it wont matter much

Good Points. Maybe it's not fixed but it's heavily manipulated. The America's Players crap, Coup de tat (sp), and i do feel that some competitions are manipulated as well. Like how can we be sure that ALL the houseguests names are put into the bag to play for veto? Does anyone else besides me find it to be a little strange that when Rachel/Brendon was HOH, Jeff and jordan got to play to veto. Now when Jeff and Jordan are HOH, Rachel and Brendon play for veto? Are you seriously telling me that NO other players got picked? that's some BS.

The guinea pig thing was a great example too. It's like there was a pause before Julie told the house guests the correct answer or not. There was no excuse for that. I'm glad i first started watching bb at season 5, because the differences between now and then are too obvious. They are too busy recruiting people instead of picking real people if that makes any sense.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is all pretty interesting to me. I started watching in Season 8, so I feel like I really missed out on the "good ol' days" of Big Brother.

I think I might go back and watch the previous seasons when BB13 is over.

This is all pretty interesting to me. I started watching in Season 8, so I feel like I really missed out on the "good ol' days" of Big Brother.

I think I might go back and watch the previous seasons when BB13 is over.

With as little as is happening this season, you could watch previous years while this season is going on. You would not miss much.:disappointed:

I will keep watching though..... gulity pleasure.... they need to throw Enzo in there to liven them up... or Russell, he was just a bundle of fun... lol

Evicted-Russell was so different than game-on Russell, I wonder how he'd play the game again if he were brought back.

But when they go to singles, I'd love to see Britney walk in the door. :stirthepot:

Guest 6Borders

BB is TOTALLY rigged as far as they can possibly rig it. I go back (again) to Janelle being eliminated from an HOH comp with a wrong answer. The house wanted her out and had the votes to do it. I could almost hear Grodner saying "quick...spill something on the controls to mess with the buzzers". They had a do-over and everyone played and no surprise Jani got HOH.

For seasons we've heard the HG's make references to their DR and questions BB asked them before we get WBRB!

Does anything think there were any other chips but Jeff and Jordan's at the first POV or Brendon and Rachel's on this last one? (I've always personally thought each HG should put their chips in the bag right before drawing to play POV).

Jordan had a perfect opportunity to put up Brenchel but I'm sure BB somehow talked her out of it. If Grodner wanted drama in the house and good ratings that sure would have done it but Rachel is a "Grodner-Girl" and I'm sure she was promised she would make it to Jury somehow.

Look at the bright side, as least they didn't bring back pinhead!! (Jesse)

If BB is steering the game this year they are doing a piss poor job of it! I have to agree with the masses, this is the most BORING season!! I wish they would leave the vets for the allstar shows only!!!

Wouldn't surprise me to find out he has become Grody's little houseboy, she seemed to love him enough to keep inflicting him on America.

It is absolutely rigged. There is little doubt about it. For probbaly the last 5-6 season, houseguest, who cause all the drama are hated and/or put on any type of well show, have been able to win multiple HOH's, veto's and almost completely are never on slop. Actually that is usually the one punishment they do get. This is just about exactly how last season started out. Although Hayden(who won season 12) was the first HOH notice a similarity this year? Coincidence? Not really, then Racheal and Matt exchanged, 4HOH's, leading to Brendon and Brittany being next ones winning. Fast-Fwd BB13. Low and behold we get two for Racheal and surprise surprise BB sweetheart Jordan wins the one in the middle.

I mean why insult your fans in such a way. They love Racheal because she is a drama filled powder-kegged child. Who Gloates when she wins, stomps around the house when she loses and cries when she is backed into a corner. It is everything the producers want in a reality-TV-STAR. And, she has her trusted bodyguard, chemist/runner/banker/stripper/phd Brendon to really keep the fuse lit. You can just about guarantee that for her return, and ratings the great Racheal Reily will be given 500.000$ this year. It is pretty much a given.

As she has said many times, what Racheal wants Racheal gets. It reminds me of professional wrestling where the outcomes are all predetermined, and the guy who can sell the most merchandise/pop the ratings always wins.

It maybe time for all the other HG this season to throw in the towel and just wait to be evicted.

Last night felt like proof to me that Grodner is manipulating the game. And not kind of. I think she's manipulating the whole game. This is the third straight week (of only three weeks) that a Vet has become HOH, and it's Rachel's second freakin' time! The last three newbies got the answer wrong together, but NONE OF THE VETS DID at that time which should tell ya something. Geez! Let a newbie take the reins for once, Grodner. I'm so sick of only seeing a one-dimensional game play. Grodner, if you're so in love with Rachel or Brenchal or whatever, why don't you have a relationship with them instead of subjecting us to this one-dimensional crap?! I have been a huge fan of BB since BB5, but after what I saw last night - I was ready to throw in the towel. (And I don't think other viewers are far from doing so either.)

I think rigging and manipulating the game is just a part of BB and have just come to accept it as part of every BB season. To me I've noticed it more from about season 5 on. Though I'm sure its been around since the beginning. Majority of the time its for HG I'm rooting for. When its not I swear to myself I'll never watch BB again and yet I come back every season.

The newbies were dealt a crappy hand from day one. It is too much like Survivor. Rob's tribe pretty much handed him the check from day one. I can't really even remember the people on his tribe. That's the way it will be with thses newbies. AG made sure that this was the season made for the vets.

Oh I'm sure of it. Not sure what made Grodner fall deeply in love with Brenchal, but she seems even more head over heels this season. I mean the third straight week in a row the Vets win? Come on. And all the newbies lose together? That looks a little too obvious to me.

I think beotch Rachel got lucky, but I do think that Grodner manipulates the game to her liking, I have watched BB since season 1 and it is entirely different than what UPV said after season 5 that is where I found Morty's, I prefer season 1 thru 5, and what else is funny is that a cpl ppl at work watch the show, but only the sched shows, they don't go to websites , have the feeds, and so their knowledge of what is really going on is hilarious, I even have one friend at work who says to me" Don't tell me anything" I want to see it on the show", hello I could enrich her experience sooo much more if she'd let me,lol, cause even the show on CBS is edited to make it whatever they want.

I don't think Grodner and Co. rig the competitions but, I have nooo doubt that there is manipulation in the DR.

I don't think Grodner and Co. rig the competitions but, I have nooo doubt that there is manipulation in the DR.

I agree. I don't think the competitions are rigged, but we've heard, in past seasons, how diary sessions have been trying to lead contestants in certain directions or to make certain decisions.

OI don't really care though. I'm happy with whatever provides me with the most entertainment.

They've obviously rigged it in the past. For example, Matt winning that power last season was no coincidence. The viewers weren't told until after Matt won HoH that this 'power' would be up for grabs. I'm thinking Allison wanted to give her little friend (since it's well known that Matt knew Allison before the show and was friends with her) a free pass for a few weeks. I also remember that competition in Season 9 where Sharon would have won where it not for a question that could have been interpreted and answered whichever way the producers wanted it to be.

So yes, BB can be rigged.

As for the comp last night, BB could have said any answer they wanted to say. Julie undoubtedly has an earphone in to direct the "correct" answers. If they wanted to be on the up and up, at their website where the questions were posted, all they had to do was show how people were answering them. For instance, what percentage said Jeff was the chosen one to give cpr and what percentage said Jordan, Brendon and all the rest would be the pick.

As for the comp last night, BB could have said any answer they wanted to say. Julie undoubtedly has an earphone in to direct the "correct" answers. If they wanted to be on the up and up, at their website where the questions were posted, all they had to do was show how people were answering them. For instance, what percentage said Jeff was the chosen one to give cpr and what percentage said Jordan, Brendon and all the rest would be the pick.

I completely agree. Julie was hesitating wayyyy too long before giving the answer, making me feel like they were picking the correct answer based off of who answered what.

Im just really disappointed that this season so far is boring. Same old Rachael drama. Ive watch every season of BB, and this year Im just really disappointed. So much so I dont want to watch, and that is sad cause Ive been anxious for it to start. Now Im just bored. Rachel, Rachel, Rachel! :disappointed:

Im just really disappointed that this season so far is boring. Same old Rachael drama. Ive watch every season of BB, and this year Im just really disappointed. So much so I dont want to watch, and that is sad cause Ive been anxious for it to start. Now Im just bored. Rachel, Rachel, Rachel! :disappointed:

I just finally gave up and turned the tv off. I still come to Morty's to keep up on stuff but as for wasting my valuable time watching Rachel whine. Forget it.....I have better things to do.

Archived