BB 13 - Questions, Theories, Suggestions

Note: It is impossible to win HoH 4 times in a row. In fact, it is only possible to win HoH back-to-back at the very end of the season, because the outgoing HoH is always ineligible to play until we reach the Final 3.

It may still need tweaking, since Cassie is coming in dead last, behind Dick, who was only there for 4 days.

And I'm not sure how you came up with the figures in your "Days" column, since Double eviction was day 55 and last night was day 69.

You are right, I almost just left Dick completely out of the Picture. The thing that offsets Dick is the fact he was evicted without being nominated so didnt receive the negative points he would have for being nominated, and he didnt get the negative points he would have received for votes being cast against him. Also, as for the days, each day the HG remain in the house, they earn .75 of a pts. I reduced it down from 1 pts per day because it caused the totals to be too far spread out. Also, Adam, Porsche, and Rachel have already been rewarded the 75 days because they are guaranteed to be there at the end. One more thing, The "Win HoH in a row" thing regards to the competitions they play in. Rachel and Daniele, for instance, both won two in a row this season (Rachel -> Jordan -> Rachel) (Daniele -> Kalia -> Daniele) Thanks for the input!

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are right, I almost just left Dick completely out of the Picture. The thing that offsets Dick is the fact he was evicted without being nominated so didnt receive the negative points he would have for being nominated, and he didnt get the negative points he would have received for votes being cast against him. Also, as for the days, each day the HG remain in the house, they earn .75 of a pts. I reduced it down from 1 pts per day because it caused the totals to be too far spread out. Also, Adam, Porsche, and Rachel have already been rewarded the 75 days because they are guaranteed to be there at the end. One more thing, The "Win HoH in a row" thing regards to the competitions they play in. Rachel and Daniele, for instance, both won two in a row this season (Rachel -> Jordan -> Rachel) (Daniele -> Kalia -> Daniele) Thanks for the input!

No problem.

For HoH, you may wish to consider incorporating a percentage element, such as "Daniele won 2 out of the 3 HoH competitions she took part in", to offset not only ineligibility due to being the outgoing HoH, but also the Golden Key factor.

And, as the houseguests each year are abundantly apt to point out, every subsequent HoH and PoV competition is greater in importance than the previous ones, so perhaps you should weigh in points based on which week it is.

Just something to think about. (Statistics can be fun!)

No problem.

For HoH, you may wish to consider incorporating a percentage element, such as "Daniele won 2 out of the 3 HoH competitions she took part in", to offset not only ineligibility due to being the outgoing HoH, but also the Golden Key factor.

And, as the houseguests each year are abundantly apt to point out, every subsequent HoH and PoV competition is greater in importance than the previous ones, so perhaps you should weigh in points based on which week it is.

Just something to think about. (Statistics can be fun!)

The Golden Key twist sure stuck a wrench in this design that would otherwise work well for other seasons, esspecially for Daniele and Porsche. When it comes to the Percentage element, the only reason I wouldnt implement that is because it would cause slanted results. Those that make it to final 6 for instance, would exponentially have greater points than those evicted earlier based on comps. Like If I gave a 1 pt increase times the week # added to the pts theyd get for winning HoH, then someone who wins HoH at Final 3, would recieve 10-11 extra points than everyone else that didnt get to compete. I guess what Im trying to say, is it would create a little bias-ism for those that make it further, since say someone who makes it to final 7 or 8 winning most the comps, would still have less points for their efforts than say someone who won about half the comps as the person who came in 7th or 8th, yet still aquired more points for it. Im confusing my self with this all, but does that make sense?

One thing though, Since the ones who are evicted early on dont have the opportunity anymore to gain wins, then that alone offered to those that can compete that did make it further seems compensation enough. It just feels easier and more controlled to do without percent elements. LOVE your input, however! It could be interesting tweaking to do a little what you suggested though. maybe for bonus points?; for those that would win the final or final 2 HoH and PoV comps or something?

Archived