Sign in to follow this  
Guest cappy

Survivor: Palau spoilers

Lauren, I know every time I say "assume" I know I'm usually in deep poo poo, so I hear you.

Your post makes complete sense to me as in exile vs. boot, explains it all. And then Cappy's post makes it all come together for me, too. Thanks for taking the time to answer. You too czubryt1

No wonder I couldn't find anything at sucks, it probably wasn't there. :roll:

Guest czubryt1

Seems from the tv Previews after the show Last Thursday It seems Tom loses immunity this week and It seems the tribe is getting ready to vte him off.. Thing is I want tom to win it all.

Does any one know who does win it all?

Not really because the jury votes are read live. But the final 2 is said to be Tom and Katie.

that's just sickening because katie is a waste of space and hasn't done a thing to contribute, and she makes it to the final two??????

Guest XandraSkye
If Katie is in the final two, which I can definitely see happening if Steph is voted out on Thursday's show because that would mean Tom is sticking with the Ian/Katie/Gregg/Jen alliance over the Tom/Ian/Katie/Steph alliance. But my question is, "how does Ian go before Katie?" Because I honestly believe that Tom is going to win every IC til the end. But if he wins the finale IC I can't see him picking Katie over Ian to go to the final two. So maybe she wins the final IC? That's the only way I can see her in the final two with Tom.

Guest ranster627

I can totally see him picking Katie to go with, thinking he would have a better chance against her with the Jury. At that point his loyalties may go out the window.

Guest XandraSkye
That's true. I thought of that too but if he turns on Ian at the end I can't see that winning people on the jury over. They might actually give it to Katie if that is the case because I do think some people base their vote on emotion at the end.

I have to say that if it is Tom and Katie in the final two I will be so dissapointed, and this has nothing to do with who deserves it and blah blah blah, I just dont like either of them! :twisted: I hope both of them are sitting on the jury!

Honestly I dont care at all about this season. I really like Stephanie and sort of like Tom. I thought Coby was a riot at times. The rest of them are boring and stupid. And yes Jen is exceptionally beautiful but it does not change the fact that she bores me to tears. Katie is a bee-atch and I she had pulled the crap she pulled with Janu on me I would have torn her a new one -- can we say beyone childish. janu sleeping in the hammock all day is more than a little wierd, and Ian wouldnt last a day with Tom telling him which way was up. IMHO this season is almost as bad as the Brian Clay season.

Two thoughts:

1) Ian is really the guy in charge of the tribe... Tom is the brawn... Ian is the brains.

2) Tom will lose IC the week he gets booted. The tribe members that are remaining will take that opportunity to get rid of Tom.

OR

2) Tom wins the final IC and has to chose between Katie and Ian. To win the million dollars... Tom will pick Katie... as he's sure to win. (Just as last weeks eppy and you could see that he was touched by Steph's outcry for letting her stay. When jeff asked him... he point blank said... this is a game and a threat is a threat... and you can't let emotions drive your decisions... something like that anyways.

You tricked us.. thats terrible. I have to know my Stephanie does not get the boot this week. If you are going to lie to me, at least tell me she's staying 8)

Guest cappy

Reward: Letters from home + Food Auction

Immunity: Tile breaking challenge, Ian wins

Boot: Steph 6-1

Cappy you just made it a crappy day for me.... first Constantine now Steph!! If Kendal goes tonight on Apprentice I am really going to begin to think I am a jink :shock: :lol::lol:

Question for the night -- why does it seem that Survivor never casts more than one or two smart women on any given season. I didnt see one smart move by any of the women tonight. Like lambs to the slaughter.

Guest cappy
Yea the girls did play the vote pretty dumb tonight.

You would think from past seasons they would learn by now. Go figure.

I am baffled that Katie didnt figure out that Ian is more attached to Tom than to her.

I am baffled that Tom claimed that no one who won the challenges won the game and nobody brought up the umpteen times and umpteen seasons that alliances got split near the end because "the wrong person" kept winning immunity.

I am baffled that after Caren clearly tried to undermine Katie, Katie didnt come back to Ian's resistance toward eliminating Tom with okay then lets take out Caren. At least Steph was willing to make an alliance with her, whereas Caren obviously has no committment to her.

I am baffled that Steph didnt try to create problems between the men by letting Tom in on the info Coby gave her before he left.

I am baffled that Caren decided being a solid sixth was better than being a probable top 4.

I am baffled that Caren shared the fact that Tom was being discuss for no other reason than "she promised to"

And I am baffled by the previews for next week when Tom and Ian say they are confused as to what to do next. Seems that if you are playing "strategically" you dont make one move without knowing what the next is going to be ahead of time.

HAVE THESE PEOPLE NEVER SEEN THIS GAME PLAYED BEFORE??? UGGGH

Guest cappy
Lauren would fit perfectly in Survivor :wink:

Um NO. Girlfriend here would drown inside a week.

Besides, I wouldnt even think about applying for bb because there would be a CHANCE that I might have to eat PB&J for a week. Now you are talking eatting bugs, sleeping with bugs/rodents, sharing toothbrushes (if you get so lucky) PUH-LEEZE Ms. Lauren dont play that game. :shock: :wink:

It just seems like the only two that seem smart this season are Ian and Greg. :otay

Guest XandraSkye

Ok, I have to pose this question again....if the spoiler that Tom and Katie are the final two how does that come to be? On last night's episode I saw that Ian and Katie obviously have this two person alliance, which if I knew this before I didn't remember it, and Ian and Tom obviously have some sort of alliance too. So if Tom wins the last immunity challenge why would he take Katie over Ian? Unless Tom learns of their alliance and feels betrayed by Ian. And I guess the same can be said if Katie wins the last IC.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out.

i was wondering that myself skye! who knows what these idiots will come up with though.

last nite's vote-off was obvious, but it still didn't keep me from getting pissed at the ladies! how dumb can you be????? i mean really people. the man has won every immunity to date, finally loses one, and you're worried about a chick who has never won immunity? :roll: "its all about koror" give me a break. you should be thinking about winning the flipping game, not keeping koror together!!!! the biggest threat was tom, not steph! get a clue! used your head!! i'm just sickened by the so called 'strategy' of that damn team!

Guest XandraSkye

Maybe everyone thinks they have a solid alliance with Tom so they don't care about anyone else because Tom will "protect" them and take them to the end?

I don't understand it all either, BUT there is one thing that us as watchers probably don't have to think about. When you screw people over in the game you have to deal with their wrath when you come back from TC and it's not like these people have any where to go to get away from them. They have to live with those people another 9 days and it might be very freightening to be brave and cause a shake-up because you don't know if it will come back to bite you in the ass later. Also, their reasoning skills might not be up to par since they are mostly likely suffering from sleep deprevation, lonliness and hunger. I'm sure that all plays a part in it too.

It's so easy for us to sit on the sidelines and say "I'd do this and I'd do that" but I guess we can't really ever understand what it's like being in that sort of situation. It has to be extremely stressful.

<grumbles> i know skye, you make a good point, but its no fun to think about this logically!! i want to get all high and mighty and think that i know how to play the game perfectly and that what i would do is the right thing!

Guest XandraSkye

:roll:

:lol:I do tend to try to put myself in other people's shoes and not be so judgemental.

I will say this, Caryn definitely made some poor decisions last night. And from what I hear she's the next to go and she deserves to be the next to go.

Guest XandraSkye
I agree with that too but I just question Tom's reasoning behind that because it could make him look bad in the jury's eye for betraying Ian at the last moment. If he took Ian we could say "I lead this tribe to a victory more times than anyone else AND I stayed true to my alliance with Ian. Ian is a nice guy but I think I deserve it more." Which Tom really does. The guy annoys me because he's so good at everything but he truly does deserve to win. And he's also a nice guy, maybe not in the same way Ian is but Tom became the leader so he had to be a little more tough.