Sign in to follow this  
Guest cappy

Survivor: Palau spoilers

Guest cappy

Spoilers for Episode 5 coming in one hour.

Be patient...

I was having a terrible day. No Mortys, and thouth it be a while before I got to read all of the great post. WHEEEEEEW Thanks cappy, take your time.

hey cappy remember when they said that one of the people interviewed(on extra and those other shows) were going to go far or be early boots?

Do you remember who they were?

I remember Ashlee, BJ, Jonathan?, and Janu.

Guest cappy

Episode 5: "The Best and Worst Reward Ever"

Still In It:

Ulong (blue)

angie.jpgbobby.jpgibrehem.jpgjames.jpgsteph.jpg

Koror (brown)

caryn.jpgcoby.jpggregg.jpgian.jpgjanu.jpgjennifer.jpgkatie.jpgtom.jpgwillard.jpg

Eliminated:

wanda.jpgjonathan.jpgjolanda.jpgashlee.jpgjeff.jpgkimberly.jpg

Reward Challenge: "Sea Salvage" Get to vote for other tribe

Reward Winner: Koror

Once again, going from the Palau challenge storyboard featured in the "Countdown to Survivor: Palau" (storyboard discussions: Sucks, Phoenix, Joker's Updates), this challenge appears to be titled "Sea Salvage." More importantly, the listed reward, while hard to read, appears to say something along the lines of "Vote for other tribe @ tribal." This also appears to feature a planned double boot. Thus the title of the episode: the RC winner will get to muck around with the other tribe's tribal council proceedings in some way, at the expense of booting one of their own. Choices, choices. (Although perhaps the episode title should be "The Best and Worst Tribes Ever.") The web promo verifies this, as Probst states, at the RC, "Win or lose, both tribes are going to tribal council tonight."

The challenge involves diving for white swimfloat-like objects, bringing them to the surface, and eventually some sort of rope-pulling exercise (pulling the collected objects from the small dock to the large one?). Koror appears to reach the rope-pulling stage before Ulong does. Who wins? Well, in addition to the apparent Koror in-challenge lead, while the black-and-white montage of Koror wins in the web promo is all recycled, the shot of Ulong under the word "Lose" (above, center) appears to be new, and features a wet and downtrodden-looking Ulong (especially Angie, compare to the pre-challenge shot below). Post-challenge? In-challenge, observinf a particularly pathetic Ulong diving attempt? Meh, doesn't really matter. Either way, looks like Koror wins.

e5tv25.jpge5tv13.jpge5tv12.jpge5tv27.jpg Apparently nobody is happy with the twist. Note: Look at the last Ulong pic, notice wet hair. Possible signs of a lose.

Immunity Challenge: None

Immunity Winner: None

Boot: Angie and Willard

According to Mersaydeez, the boots for this episode will be Willard and Angie. This suggests the "reward" may not be as simple as picking out someone on the other tribe to boot, although Angie and Willard are logical boots from either tribe, even with no outside interference (although one might quibble that James ought to depart before Angie). Is there more to it? Maybe.

Please disregard our disregard for our previous speculation about spying at Tribal Council. As it turns out, this should happen this week, in a form resembling callmecrazee's description: "one tribe gets to eavesdrop on the other's TC, but before they vote, the eavesdroppers appear and get to immunize the one person it appears the tribe is going to vote for, screwing up the vote because the tribe has to vote right away without a chance to talk about who else to vote for." Our pick for the immunized person? James. If Koror is smart, of course. They may do something dumb like immunizing Stephenie, who's not at risk. But we'll guess James, anyway.

Update: Wezzie says it's Ibrehem that Koror protects. Stupidity regins, after all. (Sorry if we spoiler your Morse Code fun. Give us expediency, or give us death).

Welcome home our 5th bootee: Angie 4-1 angie.jpg

Welcome home our 6th bootee: Willard 8-1 willard.jpg

Source: " target="_blank">http://truedorktimes.com

19-20th: Jonathon & Wanda (EPISODE 1)

18th: Jolanda (EPISODE 1)

17th: Ashlee (EPISODE 2)

16th: Jeff (EPISODE 3)

15th: Kim (EPISODE 4)

14-13th: Angie & Willard (EPISODE 5)

12th: James (EPISODE 6)

11th: Bobby Jon (EPISODE 7)

10th: Ibreham (EPISODE 8)

9th: Stephenie (EPISODE 9)

8th: Coby (EPISODE 10)

7th: Jennifer (EPISODE 11)

6th: Gregg (EPISODE 12)

5th: Caryn (EPISODE 13)

4th: Tom (EPISODE 14)

3rd: Janu (EPISODE 14)

FINAL 2: Ian & Katie (EPISODE 14)

Guest cappy

My BootList was....

Ive been reading Mersaydeez's spoilers here and they all seem to fall right into place and I think I made a correct bootlist.

Ep. 1: Wanda

Ep. 1: Jonathan

Ep. 1: Jolanda

Ep. 2: Ashlee

Ep. 3: Jeff

Ep. 4: Kim

Ep. 5: Angie*

Ep. 5: Willard*

Ep. 6: James

Ep. 7: Bobby Jon

Ep. 8: Ibrehem

Ep. 9: Stephanie

Ep. 10: Jenn

Ep. 11: Coby

Ep. 12: Gregg

Ep. 13: Caryn

4th Place: Tom

3rd Place: Ian

2nd Place: Janu

Winner: Katie

*= Result of Double TC for Ep. 5

I copied this from my post over at Sucks. Got sent to the dump lol

Guest cmteachermom

Cappy,

I have a question...based on the conversation that Coby and Gegg had on Wednesday's episode are we to presume that their alliance is shaken? Because didn't Gregg allude to Coby that he'd form another alliance to get Gregg/Jenn Coby/and someone else whom I can't remember at this point to the Final 4?

I apologize for my ignorance if this has already been discussed! :oops:

Thanks!

I can't belive this one....

unless Kaite wins IM and can't be voted off....Ian and Tom would not vote for each other and would vote for Janu...and the girls would vote for the same guy given it a tie 2 to 2...then they would have to have a tie breaker for Tom to lose...

then the final is always some 'long hard' thing to do and I can' believe that Ian would lose to Katie....

4th Place: Tom

3rd Place: Ian

2nd Place: Janu

Winner: Katie

Maybe Ian turns on Tom??? (I hope not true but, it's a possibility)

Guest ranster627

Now that would be a twist! :o

Guest cappy

Ian DOES turn on Tom in final 4. He goes with the ladies just to get into Finals. He probably has a deal with Janu and Katie.

Guest conniejoe
Cappy,

I have a question...based on the conversation that Coby and Gegg had on Wednesday's episode are we to presume that their alliance is shaken? Because didn't Gregg allude to Coby that he'd form another alliance to get Gregg/Jenn Coby/and someone else whom I can't remember at this point to the Final 4?  

I apologize for my ignorance if this has already been discussed!  :oops:  

Thanks!

Bumping this down so Cappy can see it.

But I'll take a stab at it too. I think Gregg is looking into other options. He and Jenn are currently in the 5 Alliance, but I can see his logic in that he may stand a better chance w/ a 4-ppl alliance (he and Jenn, along w/ Coby and Janu). He mentioned that Tom and Ian had a very tight bond. I believe he thinks of himself as the odd man out in the current alliance.

Now, if the current boot list spoiler is accurate, it probably means that Koror finds out that Gregg and Jenn are trying to play both sides and are booted for their betrayal.

is the rumor that stephanie is the only Ulong member to the merge or the only one on the jury cuase if stephanie is the only Ulong person to make it in the merge doesnt that mean they merge with 9 people left?

Guest cappy

Its not a rumor. Palaus basically been spoiled. I guess spoilers are just watching to prove themselves right. Anyways, it means that Stephanie is the only Ulong to make the jury. Thats all it said. I however believe that they merge with 10 and Iberehem is the unlucky one to get cut before the jury.

Guest cappy

Thanks. So far, my bootlist seems accurate since I made it ep. 4. Now everybodys saying James is next. We shall see...

i think this is the correct bootlist this is what is TheGames spoiler is and Sucks and i think the spoiler of janu getting final 4 is a false speculation

20 jonathan

19 wanda

18 jolanda

17 ashlee

16 jeff

15 kim

14 willard

13 angie

12 james

11 bobby jon

10 ibrehem

9 coby/janu

8 coby/janu

7 stephanie

6 gregg

5 caryn

Final 4

Ian Jen (not sure of order most likely 4th is jen and 3rd is ian)

Final 2

Tom Katie (not sure wont find out til finale)

that is what i take it to be im not sure though it could be ian in final 2 and tom in final 4.

Guest XandraSkye

I read on TVGuide.com today that there won't be any merge this season.

Interesting, huh?

I wonder how that will play out when there is only two members left on Ulong?

Makes sense to me - There won't be anyone left to make the merge from Ulong. They all need to move in together into that nice Home Depot Shelter.

Guest cappy

Are you sure it said there wasnt going to be a merge today?

Guest cappy

Episode 6: "Jellyfish N Chips"

Still In It:

Ulong (blue)

bobby.jpgibrehem.jpgjames.jpgsteph.jpg

Koror (brown)

caryn.jpgcoby.jpggregg.jpgian.jpgjanu.jpgjennifer.jpgkatie.jpgtom.jpg

Eliminated:

wanda.jpgjonathan.jpgjolanda.jpgashlee.jpgjeff.jpgkimberly.jpgangie.jpgwillard.jpg

Reward Challenge: Shoot & Switch

Reward Winner: Koror

Reward: Pringles and Procter & Gamble products at Jellyfish Lake

It's possible we may have mis-assigned this week's challenges. The "Shoot and Switch" challenge was originally scheduled to be the Ep3 RC, which might suggest the other challenge, yet another water-based race-and-retrieve/puzzle extravaganza, should be the IC. The immunity idol isn't visible in either challenge, so it's hard to say for sure. We'll defer to the judgement of VolcanicGlass at Phoenix, and Biancaxxx at MeSS.

Going back to the storyboard (discussions: Sucks, Phoenix, Joker's Updates), this appears to be the long-awaited "Shoot and Switch" challenge, featuring vintage WWII weaponry (or at least faux, paintball-firing pseudo-weaponry). Except instead of just lining Ulong up, and putting them out of their misery, it looks like they'll be shooting at flags. Too bad. And too bad for Ulong, it appears, because Bobby Jon is shown once again putting his head in his hands. True, it may simply be mid-challenge, after Tarzan or one of his cohorts misses a particularly easy shot, but Caryn is shown praying, and in the supernatural world of Mark Burnett all prayers (such as Ibrehem's "save me for another episode" one) are usually answered. Koror wins?

e6tv32.jpge6tv35.jpge6tv44.jpge6tv21.jpg

Immunity Challenge: Build It Up, Tear It Down

Immunity Winner: Koror

As mentioned above, this challenge could actually be the RC. But we think not (for now).

Not much is visible for the challenge itself. Koror and Ulong are lined up at the start, with boxes coded for the other tribe at their feet. Two people per tribe (Ian and Jenn; Steph and Bobby Jon) race into the water, and... that's where the caps end. The NCAA ads included a shot of frame-like structures on the beach, and possible bundles of wood. Not too informative. Presumably the two racers per team are retrieving items used in construction/assembly on the beach. Biancaxxx gives us this description of the challenge at MeSS:

"Each team is sent rope, and a box with the other tribes flag in it. They have to tie up the box so that the other tribe can't get into it. When they get to the challenge, floating out in the ocean, around 50 feet away, are some boards. The teams have to swim out, get the boards, come back and try to build a trap around the other tribes box, using the boards and rope. They have around 20 minutes or so (will be edited shorter, of course). When the time is up, they switch and see who can undo the other tribes trap first. First to get it all down and open the box, and hang their tribes flag, wins."

James is shown looking down at this challenge, but it's not clear whether it's a pre-challenge description shot, or post-challenge depression. His hair could either be wet or greasy, and he's not shown in the water, anyway. On the surface, it might appear Ulong has an advantage, at least in the retrieval part, but Koror has a well-fed Ian, who we all recall is a "fast little booger" in the water. We'll give the edge to Koror. Which fits with what Mersaydeez says, anyway.

e6tv26.jpge6tv22.jpg

Boot: James

While there's a slight chance Bobby Jon might be leaving his pathetic tribe for greener pastures this week, we'll stick with our original assessment that James is this week's boot, largely based on Mersaydeez's lengthy spoiler thread, unless or until contradictory evidence presents itself.

Welcome home our 7th bootee: James 3-1 james.jpg

Guest cappy

Episode 7: "The Great White Shark Hunter"

Still In It:

Ulong (blue)

bobby.jpgibrehem.jpgsteph.jpg

Koror (brown)

caryn.jpgcoby.jpggregg.jpgian.jpgjanu.jpgjennifer.jpgkatie.jpgtom.jpg

Eliminated:

wanda.jpgjonathan.jpgjolanda.jpgashlee.jpgjeff.jpgkimberly.jpgangie.jpgwillard.jpgjames.jpg

Reward Challenge: "SOS"

Reward: MRE's (Meals Ready to Eat)

Reward Winners: Koror

Going back again to the challenge Storyboard (discussions: Sucks, Phoenix, Joker's Updates), the card for this week's RC is a hand-written one, which appears to say "SOS." This is the time-honored Survivor challenge used to rescue pathetically inadequate tribes (such as Boran in S3, and the post-switch Maraamu in S4), so it's a good fit here. Basically, it involves making a distress signal at your camp/beach. *Yawn*. The storyboard suggests the reward will be Meals Ready to Eat (beloved military rations), or MREs.

Does that fit the available vidcap evidence? Well, not surprisingly, this being not the most photogenic challenge, there aren't a ton of challenge caps this week. But we do see Koror celebrating on their beach, and Tom is among the people jumping and screaming (vidcap at right, click to expand). So it looks like, yes, this is an SOS challenge, and (shocking!) Koror wins another challenge.

e7tv33.jpg

Immunity Challenge: "Sea Stars"

Immunity Winners: Koror

Another mostly-unseen challenge. We see Ulong marching to a challenge, and since the RC is most likely an in-camp affair, the march must be to the IC. There's a shot of someone (Bobby Jon? Gregg?) in the water, mixed in with the footage of Tom's shark hunting escapades. Might be from this challenge, maybe not. There's also a shot of the three remaining Ulongs, back in camp, looking even more dejected than usual, with their tribal flag tossed aside in disgust. So while we don't have a clue what the challenge involves, it looks like the plucky blue tribe blows it once again. (Just as Mersaydeez said). Koror wins.

e7web13.jpg

Boot: Ibrehem

Once again thanks to Mersaydeez, we're fairly confident another Ulong is getting the boot this week, and it's not Stephenie. So which is it? Tarzan the Outplayed (a.k.a. Jesus Christ Superstar)? Or Mr. Penitent (a.k.a. that invisible Muslim dude)? (Caps at right).

We were leaning toward Bobby Jon here, until we realized that, with no silly ties possible this week, Stephenie's deal "to the end" with Bobby Jon guarantees that obedient Bobby Jon will vote for Ibrehem. So Stephenie's easiest route to the next episode is to simply throw her own vote in for Ibe as well. Ibrehem did get a spike in face time last week, largely due to his conflicts with James. Still, he's largely invisible in both the TV and web promos, while Bobby Jon is in every other scene. Then again, that's much like the show itself. A case could be made that the re-editing of the promo to have an axe-wielding BJ following the motionless Ibe could suggest Ibe is on the chopping block.

Booting Bobby Jon, however, is something Stephenie tried to do a couple of episodes ago. And the web promo does imply BJ has been "outplayed" (see cap above). But it's difficult to imagine a scenario in which Stephenie could convince Ibrehem to vote against Bobby Jon instead of her. Then again, Mersaydeez at least initially suspected Ibrehem was the last male Ulong, because she "was also told that Ibe didn't get to spend much time with the other pre-jury boots."

Ibrehem? Bobby Jon? Tough to say. But we'll go with Ibrehem. Booting Bobby Jon requires too much manipulation on Stephenie's part.

Welcome home our 8th bootee: Ibrehem ibrehem.jpg

20 jonathan 

19 wanda 

18 jolanda 

17 ashlee 

16 jeff 

15 kim 

14 willard 

13 angie 

12 james 

11 bobby jon 

10 ibrehem 

9 coby/janu 

8 coby/janu 

7 stephanie 

6 gregg 

5 caryn 

Final 4 

Ian Jen (not sure of order most likely 4th is jen and 3rd is ian) 

Final 2 

Tom Katie (not sure wont find out til finale)

Okay has there been any new updated list posted? If not how does Ibrehem going before Bobby Jon effect this list? Are the names just reversed? Does it change things completely?? I am just new to reading spoilers and am not sure on any of this.

Guest cappy

Well heres an updated list of the boot list.

20th: Jonathan

19th: Wanda

18th: Jolanda

17th: Ashlee

16th: Jeff

15th: Kim

14th: Willard

13th: Angie

12th: James

11th: Ibrehem

10th: Bobby Jon

9th: Coby

8th: Janu

7th: Steph

6th: Gregg

5th: Caryn

4th: Jenn

3rd: Ian

Final Two: Tom and Katie

Guest ranster627
I can... 

The rest of the tribe would see Coby as more of a threat than Janu...

Yup, I agree! ... and they would be right to IMHO!