Jeff - Week 2

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an incredible urge to type "nah,nah,nah,nah,nah" after the above.

this certainly doesn't surprise me, in fact I would expect it, you usually do and say exactly what you want to thumb your nose at who you dissagree with, doesn't bother me at all ,

I still like Jeff with or without the nah nah nah nah

you have your opinion and I have mine, i don't care about yours and you don't care about mine, we are even

everyone wants to string together what Jeff said as OMG, horrible , but we are not mind readers and do not know what his real feelings are, it is all a bunch of speculation.you can say what you want but that does not make you right, nor does it make me right, but then I never tried to say it was a right or wrong thing, I am giving benefit of the doubt whether it is Jeff or anyone else, and what is this wanting to have Jeffs babies,lol that is sooooo ridiculous, as long as the baby isn't gay??? I have a gay baby, she is 34 yrs old and she aint Jeffs. Jeff is a human being and not perfect, just like the rest of the human race, and I like the guy in spite of an uneducated, silly comment.

I think it is kind of sad that someone would dismiss what he said as a silly comment.

no kidding, I sure do not censor much that I say, I know my friends don't, course this will ne beat to death all summer, I think Jeff has some great qualities and I will give him props for that

I think it is kind of sad that someone would dismiss what he said as a silly comment.

well keep on keepin on there ,i didn't dismiss anything but if I did and??my opinion, you got yours. I don't carry a stick up my arse with mine, I must be a little more laid back in my way of thinking, Jeff is entitled to his opinion as well. and as I said no matter how uneducated AND silly it was. This world takes every little thing tooo damn serious these days, best richest country in the world we have anything and everything we want yet everyone is pissed and ready to jump at the drop of a hat, I don't know not on my real big list of things I am gonna get pissy about

I didn't see or hear the feeds when 'the comment' was made.

After reading all the posts pro and con as to Jeff's character...

it popped into my head that it was only 10 or 12 years ago that a

Public Television station canceled a children's show the 'Teletubbies'

in the US because Tinky Winky had a handbag. At the time I was shocked.

Times are changing... slow but sure.... thank goodness.

There's good and bad in ALL types of people.

Who knows maybe Jeff or someone he knew might have had a bad experience.

Personally I know someone who had a bad experience involving a priest

when in grade school. I know it affected him and still does til this day.

Jeff isn't perfect by a long shot... but he has his fans that accept the good with the bad....

just like Dick has his fans that overlook some of the things he does.

hmmm don't know whether I should actually hit the ADD REPLY option.

I didn't see or hear the feeds when 'the comment' was made.

After reading all the posts pro and con as to Jeff's character...

it popped into my head that it was only 10 or 12 years ago that a

Public Television station canceled a children's show the 'Teletubbies'

in the US because Tinky Winky had a handbag. At the time I was shocked.

Times are changing... slow but sure.... thank goodness.

There's good and bad in ALL types of people.

Who knows maybe Jeff or someone he knew might have had a bad experience.

Personally I know someone who had a bad experience involving a priest

when in grade school. I know it affected him and still does til this day.

Jeff isn't perfect by a long shot... but he has his fans that accept the good with the bad....

just like Dick has his fans that overlook some of the things he does.

hmmm don't know whether I should actually hit the ADD REPLY option.

glad you did slowpoke cause more ppl this this way than not, we are not the minority, i appreciate your thoughts

glad you did slowpoke cause more ppl this this way than not, we are not the minority, i appreciate your thoughts

Me, too. This is why America is no longer a democracy. People can't express their own opinion without being ostracized if it differs from the majority.

I have the feeling that it will be Dani who breaks up either JJ or Brenchel. For Dani getting rid of JJ is best for her. Of course it is going to be a big blindside when the first one is taken out.

:lipsrsealed2:

I don't agree with what he said but I do agree with his freedom to say it. I mean admittedly I am a Jordan fan not a Jeff fan but obviously I root for him because he keeps Jordan safe...and Daniele for now.

With that said I do think what he said is loathsome but if that is what he feels then I guess I will have to accept it and move on. I see both sides of this argument as valid.

On one hand the last I checked we have freedom of speech...and thank goodness. That means that we have to accept it whether we like it or not. When I was in the Air Force I worked for freedom not freedom just for the ones I agree with. I am so happy to see gay marriage passing state by state by I accept that there are people who don't want to accept it. My old Sargent once summed it up for me by saying "SSgt *****, a real soldier is a person who can fight for the flag and have the ability to watch someone burn that flag in front of you." I love it...

Now...with that said

Ginger and others also have the same freedom to hate who they want for what they want. As stated already I agree that such comments are nasty but I don't hate Jeff for it. I do however support GingerSnap's right to be pissed (and I totally understand why she and others are pissed)

oh well...just my thoughts

Go Jordan and Dani!

-Kyo

Just a reality in real life.

You hear rappers and song artists using the most horrible language and using words and names that you would burn Jeff at the stake if he ever used. I went to my nephews deployment party this weekend. Most of his guests were age 19 to 31 and the mouths on them were using horrible language. One of the favorite words guys use and call each other is faggot and homo and pervert. I don't like when they say it but it is part of their language. They say it in front of gay people and it is never taken as offensive by the gay people in attendance.

What they want to put in Children's books and PC stuff I don't agree with.

California just passed that gay history has to be part of the curriculum in school now. I don't agree with that. The PC stuff and people that have to fall on the sword and use PC and a mantle that they are better then others.

There is no evidence that Jeff is homophobic. There are posters here that could care less about gay people but only want to use words like homophobic to stir the pot and rile people up. JMO

Exactly. It's like you are at a mall. You see someone super-fine. You appreciated that body and/or face. You don't know that person's personal religious, political or life morals. But damn, you can still appreciated that booty!

You hear rappers and song artists using the most horrible language and using words and names that you would burn Jeff at the stake if he ever used. I went to my nephews deployment party this weekend. Most of his guests were age 19 to 31 and the mouths on them were using horrible language. One of the favorite words guys use and call each other is faggot and homo and pervert. I don't like when they say it but it is part of their language. They say it in front of gay people and it is never taken as offensive by the gay people in attendance.

Just because it's part of the vernacular doesn't mean it's okay. And just because people don't say they have a problem with the language others use doesn't mean they are fine with it. If you want to joke and say someone is perverted, say that, don't say s/he is gay. Otherwise, it's basically saying that to be gay is to be perverted. Categorically untrue. If you'd like me to start throwing out statistics about the sexuality of pedophiles, I can--suffice it to say that most are heterosexual. As it is, you even conflated pervert with 'homo' above-- as if they are the same thing. That's actually the problem I have. I agree context is everything, but it gets old hearing how horrible people are who actually do take offense to how language is used and say something and want to try to educate people about what they're saying.

California just passed that gay history has to be part of the curriculum in school now. I don't agree with that. The PC stuff and people that have to fall on the sword and use PC and a mantle that they are better then others.

Why? I realize this is a thread on Jeff, not current debates in sexuality studies, but I'm actually offended by your comments. Why wouldn't we want to encourage a more well rounded understanding of history? What do you think will be in that history (perversions of some sort)? There are actually amazing civil rights folks and people of historical import who have been erased from history because they were not heterosexual.

There is no evidence that Jeff is homophobic. There are posters here that could care less about gay people but only want to use words like homophobic to stir the pot and rile people up. JMO

I am not trying to be nasty, Marty. I think you're one of the nicer posters and I always enjoy reading your comments, which is probably why these comments triggered a response from me. I just get frustrated by the bashing of people who actually want to get people to think about what they are saying. I'm not saying that is everybody here (I'm sure some are just trying to stir the pot), but it just hit a nerve with me.

JelizaRose - I respect your opinions. They are yours to have. You did misread totally what I said about the language my nephews and other young males use.

That is OK because I have said all I have to say on the subject.

I would love to see Dani or Jeff win this season. I am really enjoying the twist this year. :dance2:

I don't agree with what he said but I do agree with his freedom to say it. I mean admittedly I am a Jordan fan not a Jeff fan but obviously I root for him because he keeps Jordan safe...and Daniele for now.

With that said I do think what he said is loathsome but if that is what he feels then I guess I will have to accept it and move on. I see both sides of this argument as valid.

On one hand the last I checked we have freedom of speech...and thank goodness. That means that we have to accept it whether we like it or not. When I was in the Air Force I worked for freedom not freedom just for the ones I agree with. I am so happy to see gay marriage passing state by state by I accept that there are people who don't want to accept it. My old Sargent once summed it up for me by saying "SSgt *****, a real soldier is a person who can fight for the flag and have the ability to watch someone burn that flag in front of you." I love it...

Now...with that said

Ginger and others also have the same freedom to hate who they want for what they want. As stated already I agree that such comments are nasty but I don't hate Jeff for it. I do however support GingerSnap's right to be pissed (and I totally understand why she and others are pissed)

oh well...just my thoughts

Go Jordan and Dani!

-Kyo

:clap:

Just because it's part of the vernacular doesn't mean it's okay. And just because people don't say they have a problem with the language others use doesn't mean they are fine with it. If you want to joke and say someone is perverted, say that, don't say s/he is gay. Otherwise, it's basically saying that to be gay is to be perverted. Categorically untrue. If you'd like me to start throwing out statistics about the sexuality of pedophiles, I can--suffice it to say that most are heterosexual. As it is, you even conflated pervert with 'homo' above-- as if they are the same thing. That's actually the problem I have. I agree context is everything, but it gets old hearing how horrible people are who actually do take offense to how language is used and say something and want to try to educate people about what they're saying.

Why? I realize this is a thread on Jeff, not current debates in sexuality studies, but I'm actually offended by your comments. Why wouldn't we want to encourage a more well rounded understanding of history? What do you think will be in that history (perversions of some sort)? There are actually amazing civil rights folks and people of historical import who have been erased from history because they were not heterosexual.

I am not trying to be nasty, Marty. I think you're one of the nicer posters and I always enjoy reading your comments, which is probably why these comments triggered a response from me. I just get frustrated by the bashing of people who actually want to get people to think about what they are saying. I'm not saying that is everybody here (I'm sure some are just trying to stir the pot), but it just hit a nerve with me.

:hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray::hurray:

I agree with the rap stuff. It can get down right gross, I do however like some of it, but even back in the early days of rap I was agast at the nasty conatation of some of the rhymes, especially against women, and gangsta rap, I was disgusted, BUT, I just did not listen to it, I never went on a tirade on the car next to me at a stop light with their bass speakers blastin it, I didn't tell my friends off or tell them they were off the mark or wrong for liking what they like, so I stand on the fact that it's America folks. to each his own, take it up with Jeff, if I wanna continue to like him and Jordo I will

It's true bout how a cerain age group talk too, I work with a bunch of 20 yr olds and some 30 somethings, I am the oldest person where I work, and I work in the restaurant insustry, and I hear it all, at the tbls, the kids talkin back and forth to each other, yet noone says "Stop that" You are outta line. I hear stuff like "You're sooo gay" to "that's sooo gay" to, " "you Homo", all kinds of stuff, and I hear my guests talkin trash to each other at times too. I work with a mixed group, gay , straight, young and of course I'm the oldest, noone gets pissy with each other and noone have I ever seen get offended. I had a tbl the other night that said something politically incorrect in front of me, imeadiately said "Oh sorry", to which I had to laugh and said hey it's fine, preciate the sense of humor, so that is why I just don't see why there is sooo much made of what Jeff said, especially when I don't know what Jeffs real true views are, I like him in this game and I like how he treats Jordan.

I don't care what Jeff thinks, as long as it doesn't come rolling out of his mouth. Jeff should know better. By the way it wasn't just a comment, but a conversation. And he DID equate homosexuals as/to pedophiles. There is a BIG difference.

I don't care about being PC. But, I do care about people who insult a whole community with uneducated remarks.

The word hate was used in some posts. I for one don't hate anyone, a waste of energy. But, I do dislike and disagree with Jeff's ignorant commentary.

By the way, don't let this get lost in the whole scene, Jeff was also being a bully to Kalia.

To be clear, I'm not trying to "stir the pot", I'm just stating facts. Jeff is a bigot and a misogynist, who needs sensitivity classes, on several levels. He's completley destroyed his golden boy image with many people Nice looking, sure. Dumb as a rock, yup.

To conclude, those of you who don't like my posts (or any other other posters you disagree with) ignore them, as I do posters I disagree with. But, as long as THIS conversation continues I will not stop voicing my opinion on THIS subject.

The word hate was used in some posts. I for one don't hate anyone, a waste of energy. But, I do dislike and disagree with Jeff's ignorant commentary.

:animated_rotfl: Shipp can be "fresh" :outfitted_pirate::animated_bouncy: LOL but hateful? I don't believe it!

Archived