Dick - Week 1 DOR

Dick did not look all that wonderful to me - not that he ever did; mind you. He wears life. I am disappointed that he had to leave. I looked forward to that dynamic in the game this season. Maybe later. It would have been fun to watch him deal with Jeff-Jordan-Rachel-Brendon, especially. I wish him well.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think producers were totally in on this Dick exit thing. Planned from the get-go. Otherwise, if it is legit, producers should have

said to him that he and Dani came into together -- and they LEAVE together. End of story. The fact she's still there is a major tell.

Dani wouldn't have to leave if Dick was voted out, so why should she have because he had an emergency? It makes no sense to tell her she has to leave too, when the others are all having a member voted out of the duo's and one of them will stay in the house.

Hi Yana, because the "emergency" is not genuine. It's a fabrication.

If producers had not been in on the idea and didn't want Dick to leave (for ratings or whatever), then

they could have leveraged by telling him Dani walks too. I think once Dick realized he was

jeopardizing both their chances he would have thought twice before leaving (and probably would have

stayed).

But since producers were willing for Dani to stay (PLUS get a free ride for 4 weeks), they were in on

this "emergency" and got what they really wanted: Dani safe for a month. Dick agreed to come on just in

order to get Dani on. The plan was probably hatched by the producers themselves.

hahaha did you hear Danielle on Wed's show? as pathetic as it is, Dick lives for BB and wouldn't go into the house for a day, with the chance to play the whole season and win a 2nd time, then just let CBS take him out because it was their little plan all along. come on people. Danielle is my all time fave, but if you think she's that good of an actress, CBS would have booked her for their next television movie, not another season of BB. obviously something happened, CBS scrammed, and the "most" fair solution was hatched.

so obviously something happened, that really caused him to leave... my point is he wouldn't have left if there wasn't something going on, and he wouldn't of even agreed to this whole stupid "Ill go into the house just so you guys can take me out and give Dani a key" crap people are discussing.

and i think CBS would have benefited from a prolonged ratings spike of Dick being on the show for however long he would have lasted versus.. a minor 2 week spike due to Dick's exit. think about it. the whole CBS devised plan idea is just preposterous. just trying to insight some common sense into this discussion.

If he came on the show tonight and said that his best friend had a massive heart attack, he's intensive care and he names the friend and the hospital where he's at so we that we could verify it, still, there are those that won't believe him just because he's Dick Donato.

I choose to believe something happened in his real life that was beyond his control and he had to take care of business. Whatever that is, it's really none of my business. BB would be stupid to have contrived this whole ordeal. It's all about ratings and the ratings would have undoubtedly went up had he stayed.

well said KY, and thank you. You summed up half of my point at the end there. and I couldn't agree more with everything you said. I will agree to disagree from here on at with the other side and just let it be, I just hate when people make up ridiculous conspiracies because they just don't know what really happened (and im all for conspiracies with actual evidence.)

If he came on the show tonight and said that his best friend had a massive heart attack, he's intensive care and he names the friend and the hospital where he's at so we that we could verify it, still, there are those that won't believe him just because he's Dick Donato.

I choose to believe something happened in his real life that was beyond his control and he had to take care of business. Whatever that is, it's really none of my business. BB would be stupid to have contrived this whole ordeal. It's all about ratings and the ratings would have undoubtedly went up had he stayed.

That's fine if you feel like it's none of your business, but I do feel it's mine. Dickless came on TV to expose himeself to the world and I am only too happy to express my feelings on everything he puts out there :flags_unitedstates: :flags_unitedstates:

Hi everyone. I wanted to come over and address Dick's leaving the show. I am only going to post this one time, and I won't post again to answer questions, or come back at someone for something they might say, or to agree with someone for something they might say.

OK That being said, I know you all have heard or read the reason Dick left the show by now. I won't rehash the details. I will say that because I work for him, I have gotten to know him better than most fans. Dick is, if nothing else, a straight shooter, that has no desire to ever pull the wool over people's eyes outside the BB house. He has never at any time lied to me, or given me a reason to doubt a word the man says, and if you would only stay around long enough, you will find out in a hurry that he has one of the biggest hearts around. He cares about people. I'm not talking about just his family and friends, I am talking about fans, strangers, just people in general, and he's so eager to help people when he can. He may not be the lest crass person in the world, and he surely isn't everyone's cup of tea (everyone is entitled to their own opinion period.), but in real life I have found him to be very honest and above board.

Nobody outside his tight circle of family and friends knows who the friend is, nor what the need was. No not even us that work for him at his site. If you see or hear someone outside that circle saying they know for a fact that he left for any other reason, it's not true.

I would like to address some rumors if I may.

1. He left to help Dani. No way he would do that ever. He loves her, I know a lot of you don't believe that, but talking with him about her and hearing the hurt in his voice, I know he does, and I know it was very important to him to be in the house with her as long as possible, because any contact, even if it was forced because of game play, was in his mind better than NO contact. This is my opinion, and not based on anything other than that.

2. He was kicked out because of a video that was posted after the first show aired. Again no. Dick knows the rules better than most contestant, and knows what he can get away with, and I think I heard in some conversation somewhere that BB even supported the video after it was released. The last part I'm not sure about, but I think I heard that from someone over at RTVZone.

3. That he has cancer. No. Thank God he's OK as far as his health goes. And I hope that everyone agrees with that part at least.

4. His brother was killed. He doesn't even have a brother for him to die. People make up crap and don't even check the facts. It's not hard to find out if he had a brother or not.

5. He left as a stunt to drive traffic to his site to make loads of money. This one is so very laughable. He's not make one cent on that site, he's paying money. Why would he leave the show where he's going to make at least $ 750.00 a week while he's in the house, and could might have won the half million again? That just not good sense.

6. That he went to jail. I promise you this one is false. When he was told about the friend, they didn't do the usual of telling them through the speaker system in the DR, Alison was waiting for him when he walked into the room. BB knew that this was serious enough that Dick wasn't going to stay in that house, she even told him if he wanted to leave they would get him home ASAP. They are calling him often to make sure he's OK and that the friend is OK.

7. That his mother or his girlfriend had past away. Again thank God no this is not true, and again I hope everyone agrees with me on this point.

8. That BB kicked him out over some rule he broke. Does anyone really believe that one? I mean if pouring tea over Jen's head didn't get him kicked out, there's not much more that would. About the only thing I can think of that would have was if he'd hit someone, and he knows that hitting is automatic removal, and again it was too important to him to be in that house for him to risk it by hitting someone.

I know this post is very long and if you read it at all thank you, if you read all of it thank you more. Again I only posted here to confirm the truth, and not to try to make anyone's opinion of Dick himself change. You are entitled to any opinion you have, even if you don't believe what I have confirmed here, it's your opinion and you can certainly have it.

Thanks again for reading, and I hope for a few of you this has helped clear things up a little.

Yana

Thanks for your input. It is nice to hear from someone who really knows him verses just watching him on TV. I always found him so entertaining and will miss him this season. I also find it extremely amusing how so many people find him disgusting because of his actions. ITS A GAME! And ... a game that he won because of his game play. if you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Do people watch BB just to watch nice people? How boring! If you want that - watch Little House on the prairie.

I wish him well and hope we will see him again in a future season. Only next time, hope they bring Jen back on too!

I'm just glad he's gone.

Hope his "friend" is ok.

:blow:

I was wondering if anyone else thought that it was odd that we did not see Dick's diary room chat when he was told the news? I have watched every year and we have seen or heard everything that important, we even saw and heard when the two girls got sick a few years ago. So the question should be asked why we didn't see when Dick was told? If his "friend" was hurt or has fallen ill then when they told him they could have edited or bleeped out the persons name. This is the reason that I do not believe Dick's story or there is more to it then he is telling or the show is saying. I do not think it has anything to do with his stupid video that site sucks anyway and if he is that concerned about his friend then why would he be taking time away from them to watch BB and then make videos? If my friend was in need of my help that it made me leave something that I love then why would not I be with them instead of watching tv and reporting online. Just my thought.

I didn't find it odd at all. Let's hypothetically say one of Dick's friends attempted suicide or almost OD'ed, whatever...and their name was mentioned... out of respect to them, and I suspect for confidentiality reasons, CBS wouldn't have the right to mention that person. I think too out of pure dignity for the situation at hand, it's none of our business to know. Let's be real, we're just the audience... these houseguests are like entertainment. If it's a real life issue for them, then that's something we don't need to know about. It's outside of the house, their personal life. The girls being sick was different. The girls were inside the house at the time. We saw them on feeds get sick. We're not watching Dick's life outside the house, nor do we know his friends etc. Who he is outside the house I imagine is completely different to the Dick we see when he's playing a competitive game.

As for this being some sort of a stunt... really? Really ppl??? Dick wouldn't be Dick if he didn't stay in the house for as long as he did the first time around. We wouldn't even know who the guy was or care to. A publicity stunt would have been staying in the house for as long as he could, creating as much shit and drama as he could, and being even more bad ass than ever. THAT would get ppl talking and do more for his site than anything.

I'm sorry, I disagree with what appears to be the majority here. Dick was a one-trick pony and won his season b/c producers

saw to it that he won (remember, AP and all that?). Believing he was one of the more popular guests, producers came up with

idea for duos this year -- and of course, wanted Donatos.

Dick refused. He had absolutely nothing to gain by going back on the show. Odds were he would not be able to pull off a win again.

His daughter, however, was a different story. But how to overcome the "duo theme" and yet, not risk his "legend" reputation of

winning?

Ta - da! Bring Donatos back (big splash as they walk through the door to the utter surprise of all the guests), stick

around for ???? and then have to split due to "emergency." Danielle's in -- despite duo theme -- and better yet,

she's golden for 4 weeks and can't be humiliated by being voted out early.

Perfect.

Hi Yana, because the "emergency" is not genuine. It's a fabrication.

If producers had not been in on the idea and didn't want Dick to leave (for ratings or whatever), then

they could have leveraged by telling him Dani walks too. I think once Dick realized he was

jeopardizing both their chances he would have thought twice before leaving (and probably would have

stayed).

But since producers were willing for Dani to stay (PLUS get a free ride for 4 weeks), they were in on

this "emergency" and got what they really wanted: Dani safe for a month. Dick agreed to come on just in

order to get Dani on. The plan was probably hatched by the producers themselves.

Like I said all along, I know the man, I know what Big Brother means to him, and I know how much he wanted to be Dani, he even said something about tonight... I have always said you don't really know these people, and have found that to be truer than you can ever guess... The ones I don't really like on the show are the ones I wind up being friends with. Like Ronnie, and Ivette... And the ones I think I'd really like usually turn into jerks IE: Kaysar... This is as always my opinion and is not meant to be speaking for any one else. To be honest I thought I was on our boards, or I wouldn't have answered anything here... That was my intent. So since it happened, I will address some things...

I was wondering if anyone else thought that it was odd that we did not see Dick's diary room chat when he was told the news? I have watched every year and we have seen or heard everything that important, we even saw and heard when the two girls got sick a few years ago. So the question should be asked why we didn't see when Dick was told? If his "friend" was hurt or has fallen ill then when they told him they could have edited or bleeped out the persons name. This is the reason that I do not believe Dick's story or there is more to it then he is telling or the show is saying. I do not think it has anything to do with his stupid video that site sucks anyway and if he is that concerned about his friend then why would he be taking time away from them to watch BB and then make videos? If my friend was in need of my help that it made me leave something that I love then why would not I be with them instead of watching tv and reporting online. Just my thought.

I dont find it starnge at all... Ever heard of HIPA laws? They don't just apply to health care workers...

Kaysar isn't a nice guy in the real world? okay, that does burst my bubble. I would imagine at some point that someone will come out and say that he/she was the friend in need, or someone who knows someone.

It won't be me... Only his closest friends and family knows the truth... He even said in his video that he didn't want to make public something that the friend wouldn't have wanted exposed... And if anyone tells you different I'd question who they are for sure... As far as Kaysar goes, yeah he got a big head and doesn't want to interact with fans, he has a website and that's where he deals with fans...

Kaysar isn't a nice guy in the real world? okay, that does burst my bubble. I would imagine at some point that someone will come out and say that he/she was the friend in need, or someone who knows someone.

I watched a live feed of him chatting he said that he is bi-sexual and that he has cancer. He also said Danielle is playing dom.

The only thing about the dick/dani saga I don't like is the fact that there is so much which comes out with them that is "real life" not big brother. They bring their real life into big brother so often .. either intentionally or unintentionally and it makes it very difficult for me to feel safe discussing things with them. Usually there is a line in my head I wont cross when it comes to the house guests -- the rules are my own -- but it's difficult for me with these folks because they keep bringing things into it.

I didn't like when Julie said the thing to Dani about "no I love you?" and then didn't really give her a chance to answer. At least Julie put to rest any thoughts I had about him coming back at all this season when she said tonight very firmly "he wont be back this season." The way she said it made it seem like he could maybe come back for an all stars if there is another one?

:animated_scratchchin:

Anyway .. I hope whatever reason he left the show he gets sorted out. "Friend", "Emergency" or whichever aside, real life is always greater than a game, and if he needed to leave to take care of it I am glad he did so. I hope he takes the time to take care of himself, he seems to have aged quite a bit since his first BB run through.

I watched a live feed of him chatting he said that he is bi-sexual and that he has cancer. He also said Danielle is playing dom.

Who are you talking about?

Dick doesn't have cancer... I'd be happy to put up a link where he says so himself...

Lobby

Lobby

Please enter your display name