Jeff - Week 1

I really think he was mad at being called out for his opinion that homosexuality should not come in to play in a children's book. He is not a bigot or homophobe, and that was why he got upset. Don't think he got upset about defending his veiw as much as someone calling him out for bigotry unjustifiably. If you truly have a close, gay friend or relative, you know they make more jokes about their life choices than we ever thought about.

EXACTLY! about the gay relative, friends not being offended about every little comment.

Also I do agree I think his anger was at getting called out for something he is not. PC fanatics get me steamed up for sure.

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The political correctness in this country is what is going to ruin it. I would not want my children to learn about homosexuality in a childrens book,so I would not buy it for them to read or to have it read to them. I feel that its the parents job to decide what they want their children to know about sexuality, not the school system, not books, and not the public. However Jeff does feel about the subject is how Jeff feels, if I judged everyone that made rude and stupid comments about any number of things I would not have family members or many friends. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and has the right to feel how they want to feel. I don't try to make people see my point chances are you are not going to change their mind anyway. Jeff probably should not have made the comments but he did so hate him if you want thats fine I choose to look at it for what it was a STUPID commment. I don't think he is a bad evil person!

Slinging mud? Did I accuse you of twisting my words? Did I mention any particular poster? Don't ever tell me what I should say and not say. Nothing I posted was against any Morty rules. I don't need to add "in my humble opinion" to anything I write. It's just my opinion and there ain't anything humble about it.End of story.

Why do we have to write "in our humble opinion" since it's pretty evident if we are posting it must be our opinion? It doesn't have to be humble either and who started this concept?

As for Jeff, he has an opinion too but it's hard to defend an opinion when you come off obnoxious, arrogant and most of all angry!

Why do we have to write "in our humble opinion" since it's pretty evident if we are posting it must be our opinion? It doesn't have to be humble either and who started this concept?

As for Jeff, he has an opinion too but it's hard to defend an opinion when you come off obnoxious, arrogant and most of all angry!

You forgot bigot. But, that's just my humble opinion, < :smilielol: And that's the last time you'll ever see me write that LMAO!!

Oh thanks for the picture. My teen-age and 20 something nephews say things 10 times worse then Jeff has ever said but they are in no way bigots. I lived in Chicago for years and Jeff is so much a Chicago talkin guy.

WOW!! You just insulted an entire city. I live in Chicago and no one I associate with talks like Jeff. I don't know how long ago you lived here or who you associated with tho, so maybe it was normal talk for your group.

Just to be clear, Jeff lives in the Burbs, not Chicago.

If Jeff is such a homophobe why is he spending time talking to Lawon?

On Sunday night there were 2 groups, the group inside playing dice drinking games and then there was Jeff, Lawon,Jordan and Shelly off and on out on the patio talking. At one time Jeff and Lawon were talking about how much Lawon works out, etc. Jeff could have easily gone inside and joined the inside group, but he spent his time getting to know Lawon.

Oh man, I really don't like seeing the ugly side of people this topic seems to be bringing out.

For me, Morty's has always been the "clean" and "safe" message forum. I stopped reading the other boards because of the flaming, attacks and constant filthy language.

I understand that we each have our opinions on the situation.But, please, let it be discussed in a tasteful manner.

:gossip:

Oh man, I really don't like seeing the ugly side of people this topic seems to be bringing out.

For me, Morty's has always been the "clean" and "safe" message forum. I stopped reading the other boards because of the flaming, attacks and constant filthy language.

I understand that we each have our opinions on the situation.But, please, let it be discussed in a tasteful manner.

Kudos - I love your post. :hurray:

Wow, who are you guys to insist that Jeff MUST be accepting of a gay relationship? Who cares if he is a homophobe, that is HIS choice and the choice of many other people. I agree that how it came out of his mouth could have been worded differently, but come on people!

Love your avatar. It's very pretty.

Wow, who are you guys to insist that Jeff MUST be accepting of a gay relationship? Who cares if he is a homophobe, that is HIS choice and the choice of many other people.

I agree that how it came out of his mouth could have been worded differently, but come on people!

I don't know but who are the guys that are insisting that we must accept Jeff?

It's a discussion board and evidently people care or they wouldn't be discussing it.

It's all in the delivery and his is nasty!

For me, Morty's has always been the "clean" and "safe" message forum.

Your profile says you've been here since '06 so surely you know this wasn't always the case. It's calmer in the past couple of years, but it use to be like the wild west here. It's a bit calmer now because the bullies are less in numbers now.

I don't know but who are the guys that are insisting that we must accept Jeff?

It's a discussion board and evidently people care or they wouldn't be discussing it.

It's all in the delivery and his is nasty!

Your profile says you've been here since '06 so surely you know this wasn't always the case. It's calmer in the past couple of years, but it use to be like the wild west here. It's a bit calmer now because the bullies are less in numbers now.

OMG, I personally have had multiple rows with Dick lovers, Rachel lovers, Dustin lovers and worst of all, Dan lovers-ugh! :outfitted_pirate: I'm glad people have been able to express strong opinions here lately. We are all grown-ups, we can take it!

OMG, I personally have had multiple rows with Dick lovers, Rachel lovers, Dustin lovers and worst of all, Dan lovers-ugh! :outfitted_pirate: I'm glad people have been able to express strong opinions here lately. We are all grown-ups, we can take it!

yup! And being a Dick lover (lol) I took alot of mud slung at me...being a blonde lover period I have had alot slung at me...I think little of it to be honest

Unfortunately my time on BB feeds has been limited and I haven't seen much of him and being a Chicagoan myself I can't comment on how "Chicago" he is

lovin the hat though!

-Kyo

yup! And being a Dick lover (lol) I took alot of mud slung at me...being a blonde lover period I have had alot slung at me...I think little of it to be honest

Unfortunately my time on BB feeds has been limited and I haven't seen much of him and being a Chicagoan myself I can't comment on how "Chicago" he is

lovin the hat though!

-Kyo

He's a wannabe Chicagoan. He lives in Norridge. Close but no cigar. :pimp:

For me all Jeff has to do is lie there and look pretty angel_not.gif

That said I have several people in my life that don't share the same view on homosexuality that I do, I don't believe that that makes them evil people, misinformed maybe, but not evil

The Jeff haters can keep on hating, I am still a Jeff lover

absolutely...what exactly did Jeff say anyway?

I mean if it can be repeated here

-Kyo

Apparently he was arguing with Kalia about whether or not it was all right for Dumbledore on Harry Potter to be gay. Kalia got mad when she couldn't get Jeff to see her point of view on it being okay for Dumbledore to be gay.

I just wish the topic would drop already. I mean it's not as if Jeff was having the conversation with any of us.

Why include sexuality in any CHILDRENS book AT ALL?

Because this is a book from a British author...from a European continent...that, as a whole, is alot more tolerant of gay people and thus more socially acceptable in all aspects of media culture, including children's literature. That said, Jeff is entitled to whatever opinion he may have on any politically controversial issue without being harassed by the PC police, but IMO I dont think thats what has got ppl hot and bothered here. Its his idiotic ASSUMPTION within his explanation....

Jeff says "WHAT DO YOU mean stereotypes around gay people? He's in a school with little kids, you can't make THAT GUY GAY!"

Implying what? Every gay male teacher has a desire to bone his male student?

absolutely...what exactly did Jeff say anyway?

I mean if it can be repeated here

-Kyo

Read back a few pages here in the Jeff thread...it's been repeated a few times. I think the most offensive part of his comment was when he said it would be "perverted" for Dumbledorf to be written as a gay character, and that he shouldn't be left in charge of children.

The youtube vid keeps getting taken down due to copyright violations...for some reason Reality Blurred's vid still works, but it's poor quality.

http://www.realitybl...homophobic_rant

-------------

On the separate topic of Jeff's and other bigots rights to "free speech"...absolutely he and and they all have the right...I support their right, as misguided and ignorant as it may be. I also have the right to voice my disagreement and call them out on it. It's disturbing how accepting people can be in the mistreatment and misjudgement of others.

WOW reading the recaps and seeing the vidoe are like two totally different things, Jeff sounds IGNORANT as hell. I could and would understand his POV had he not started out his rant with it's "perverted" that the charcter is gay :o

Archived