Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Bachelorette 7

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
What is so absurd about the show is that they each season it comes down to picking between two people as if it were no different than buying a house or a car.
Do I want The Honda Accord or the Toyoda Camry?
Do I want the house on the lake, or the house on the hill?
Doesn't really matter if I pick one or the other because I'll be happy no matter what I pick.

Come'on now, who decides to dump one guy and marry another on the same day like finally deciding to buy the Honda instead of the Toyoda. She got to be misleading him (Ben, and other guys) for at least a couple of weeks knowing he's a dead man walking. More than likely she selected JP as the winner long before the shooting had ended, and told the producers.

Of course none of us are true fools, what is really going on is that she is not deciding on who she wants to marry, she simply deciding on who she wants to seriously date exclusively (plus getting a huge pay check), but the show sets it up as if they are getting married. Hell, Survivor and Big Brother have a better track record of people hooking up for the long term and those shows don't even try to play match maker. So we if think about it, if anyone on The Bachelor\ette show actually gets married or even stays together for more than year, its really not much different than other reality shows where people happen to meet

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
If this show was as real as they want us to beleive, they would force the Bachelorette to hold off making her final decision and annnouce her choice live after all the episodes have aired. Basicly the show would be exactly as it is now, except for picking the guy, which would happen during a live show as the season finally (like Survivor). This would give her at least 4 months to think about her what she really really wants, and come to a decision that is best for her. And maybe that decision would be not to pick either guy.

So why don't they do something like that? You'd think they would make it a live show just to put an end to leaks posted on Reality Steve's website. They don't do it because there is a good chance everyone inolved (Bachelorette and the two guys) would have a chance to get back to reality and decide "Man this is BS, I don't want to get married". This show is about women's romantic fantasies, not realistic romance and how to find a compatible partner for life.... In the first place, from the very start none of these guys (a few wacko exceptions which were included by the producers for drama), have never had any problems getting dates since the 6th grade. They may have problems with commitment, addiction to sex, or whatever, but they aren't trying to pick up single women at Walmart and getting turned down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users