Lurkers and Hibernators - Come Out! BB 13 Is Finally Here

I suspect there are many people out there that have been lurking for years.

I know, I did. And I realized I missed out on some of the additional fun with Big Brother.

If you are a lurker or just someone that does not post very often...come on out and don't be shy.

There is lots to do at Morty's and being part of the board is another fun way to enjoy the 24/7 Big Brother experience.

Introduce yourself and dive into the message board.

Anyone is free to join in - It is what makes Morty's, Morty's.

While we might not always agree...we do have fun and people here are generally pretty nice.

Or, maybe there are some of you that leave Morty's each year only to return for the Summer BB excitement.

Well, here's the chance to "check in", say hi and share your thoughts and hopes for the season.

Everyone: Let us know how long you have been following the game, what you are looking forward to this Season, say hello to all our new and returning BB friends & family and just ramp up to what we all hope to be the best Season of BB ever!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know it's almost bb time when you see the annual lurkers and old timers thread on Morty's.

1.How long you have been following the game? Started watching bb mid-way through season one. I have been hooked ever since. Morty's member since bb6.

2.What you are looking forward to this season? Gamers that care about winning and aren't afraid to go against the grain to accomplish this. Less mob mentality in the house. More strategic players and less timid do nothing but vote with the house players. Engaging and friendly board discussions on gameplay. Hoping for more up-time with the live feeds. Looking forward to seeing new strategies use to outwit their fellow housemates . Not looking forward to the showmances, mob mentality, constant interruption of feeds, and just bad players. I personally think showmances have no place in bb :animated_rotfl:. It ruins the game too much imo. Looking forward to twists that are well thought out and gives no players a built-in advantage.

Welcome to newcomers and lurkers. Old timers :animated_wave: . Morty's is one of the best BB boards out there, so don't feel shy to contribute to it. Everyone have fun this BB season whether your favorite does well or not. :animated_bouncy:

I'll fess up. I'm a full time lurker. I did play in the prediction challenge last season but didn't fair so well. I'll try again this season.

I've been a BB fan since day one. I've been a member here pretty much since this site was started and I really enjoy "lurking". I do post from time to time. I'm not as witty as the majority of you guys and gals. Y'all are VERY entertaining folks!!

1.How long you have been following the game? I watched every single episode of Big Brother since the beginning of BB2.Been a active member at Mortys since bb6.

2.What you are looking forward to this season? Players. I want to see somebody very strategic...Players who are in it to win it.. Like BB8 Danielle,Rachel of BB6(who only left because of her partner) or BB2 Nicole.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing the house split again, going back and forth everyweek from side to side. like in BB6; everyweek was a suprise.... I dont like seeing 1 side dominate the whole game.

-I also wouldnt mind seeing the house go 3 ways, such as bb5 where there were the 4horsemen, plus the group of girls that turned on each other.

-

I just dont want to see anymore people like Ronnie.

Welcome back everybody! Im excited to reconnect with all the veterans, and also to meet some newbies.

:clap:

1.How long you have been following the game? I remember BB1, but I didn't follow it closely. Starting with BB2 I was hooked. I did not watch the spring season or the summer season following it.

2.What you are looking forward to this season? I am tired of house splitting into 2 teams. I want to see people who know how to play the game. Who lie and cheat or whatever else it takes to win...Would love to see someone to match Dr. Will or Janelle.

Tired of sheep and weak players. Play the game or go home, and following "orders" is NOT playing the game, it's wimping out.

I'm excited that BB13 will be starting soon... can't wait! Looking forward to reconnecting with all my BB friends.

I've watched BB since BB2 got the feeds during BB4 and have had them ever since.

Let the addiction begin!

:party_smilie:

I can't wait either. I've watched every season of BB.

What I'd most like to see different is the house NOT voting the same way just because it's what the HOH wants. HOH only gives you the power to nominate. I wish everyone would vote with their own minds.

I'm ready for the new season to start. Hopefully we get a good group of hamsters for us to love and hate. I'd love to see another Evil Dick type in the house who is willing to stir up sh!t and keep us entertained. :outfitted_pirate:

How cool is this that we getting the band back together for one more Season of Big Brother.

Last year this link had over 9000 views and over 200 posts as we reassembled.

With over 49 days to go until BB13 we already have old timers and lurkers helping to gather the Big Mo(mentum).

1) Time Following the Game/Board: I started here at Morty's with BB2 the summer of 2001. I was enthralled by the player known as Dr. Will and wanted to find out more. I believe that Morty himself was following the feeds and posting the play by play as well as adding his own hilarious commentary. Then came September 11, 2001. I could not believe how the world had changed and was spending just about as much time as the next person with the news and the computer trying to make sense of it. Then I started watching "the game" in a whole new light. The people in the house were possibly the only the 3 people in America that did not know what happened. And one of them (Monica) had a family member missing at the World Trade Center. The game and the boards became a place to escape and deal with reality. On a lighter note: My husband was upset because I was on the computer as much as he was and suspected I had found an Internet lover. Little did he know or understand the real passionate affair that was to come each summer for the next 10 years with my new found friends at Morty's.

2) What I look forward to: The Game, the live feeds and Morty's. I have already planted the seed with the hubby to go on Nutrisystems...little does he know that it is not that I want him to lose weight but I will not have to worry about cooking or ordering Pizza's or Chinese take-out so that I can spend more time with my not-so-secret other lover I call "Big Brother". :)

Long time lurker...infrequent poster.

I have been watching since the very beginning and somehow get sucked in each season. I have been at mortys since BB3 I think. I gots the can't remember shititis.

What I want to see... No mob mentality, no twists, backstabbin galore, interesting people...no showmances, new challenges and some yummy looking male eye candy.

I have been watching BB since the first season. I got my first live feeds in 2004, I couldn't stand not knowing what was going on all the time. I started lurking here at Mortys since 2003 and I finally joined in 2006. I am a longtime lurker. LOL I post every once in awhile, more last year than all the other years combined so I am getting better.

What I want to see in this next group of house guests to have minds of their own. I hate when they are all led around like sheep. I hope there are no more like Ronnie. I would like to see more hunky guys without big egos, like Jeff. I hope the live feeds are better than last year.

I have been watching since BB5, but it was not until BB6 that I got in to the live feeds and realized there were sites, like Mortys, dedicated to coverage of all the house events. I was hooked. I have posted a little bit, but am not a real fast typist and by the time I post, it is already there. I was up late sometimes and would be able to get stuff up before it was already there. Love Big Brother and looking forward to all the fights, "showmances", and hoepfully a bunch of different people from different places and backgrounds. Typing has improved a bit,so hopefully will be posting more on live updates. ALSO, I always get my live feeds through Morty's, order Showtime, and try to keep up! Can't wait to get going--Good to see all the familiar people on here too ! ! !

Hi all....I lurked for a couple of years before joining last year sometime. Just love Mortys, people here are kind and it's always an excellent way to get updates on all reality shows. I don't post all that often but do like to express my thoughts and this is the place to do it.

BB sucked me in at the beginning and I'm still into it. Would hope to see a couple of middle-aged people, maybe more, this time. Hope we have a good bunch coming up, always a couple I don't like but that's the way they pick them. Bring it on Big Brother!!!!

Hello everyone. I am a big fan of the show, but I tend to be bad at posting. I will try to post more this season.

I am looking forward to another summer of fun. I look forward each year to this show. Its just like a summer movie, a true guilty pleasure for me.

i have been watching bb since season one have been a member since 2006 on mortys but lurked for a few months before i started talking to anyone i live in the chat room with dade and fuskie through bb season lol cant wait for bb to start this summer !!!!!!

Hi everyone! I've been watching the show and the live feeds since BB3 and coming to Morty's since BB3. I had to go back to watch BB2 to find out who was this Dr. Will. Now that was a good season!

I would like to see a bunch of strangers who are there to play hard! If they gotta float at least be entertaining about it. Whoever they put in the house, I know I will complain but I'll still spend all my free time watching the feeds and commenting on this board.

Got the best news ever this week - my current crazy travel job ends on June 28th and my back at home job starts July 4th which means..... I'm back for BB13. Can't decide what is more exciting, finally finishing all of this life craziness or discovering that I have more bandwidth AND time for BB this summer. Whoo hoo!!! :party_smilie:

Hi Y'all!

Good to see all of you!I am a Lurker, but I always come out and say Hi at least once a year. Ive been a BB fan since 2001, and have been coming here to Mortys about 4 years now. My awesome Niece in law hooked me up with Morty's, and Im glad I came. I just wanted to thank all of you for doing live feeds, and screen caps, and trivia, and just the great joking that goes on here. You guys ROCK!! If I have more time this summer I will try to come chat and post. I love BB. I just hope the people this year are really interesting and lively. Like someone said, an Evil Dick type of personality would rock. And like someone else said, it would be nice if they all thought for themselves and not voted the way the HOH wanted. That gets old and predictable. I am totally excited and looking forward to some exciting BB Girls and Boys!

peace y'all

Colo

Hey everyone! I am here still :)

Looking forward to watching the show, watching the feeds, hopefully doing twitter updates and live feed updates as well... and I'll be keeping up with my spreadsheet summary of the season again this year :)

What I won't be doing is going INTO the house :( I did go to the Nashville audition on May 6... I built it all up in my head, had a few discussions with my wife about the 'what ifs' I did make it... and then nothing came of it... but it was a fun experience just to say I went and talked to them! lol

So... bring on BB13!

lol... what would a BB season be without your Spreadsheets ????

(love them)

Aww sorry you didn't make it on the show. But like you said it was

a special memory to have and talk about.

Welcome back for the season ! ! !

Archived