Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunsakaya

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,846 posts
Posted Image

Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunsakaya

Sugar Ray Leonard
"Boxing's Best"

PRO DANCER PARTNER: Anna Trebunsakaya

Sugar Ray Leonard is a legendary sports icon. His very name epitomizes boxing and conjures the image of a true champion.

Ray was host and mentor for the first three seasons of the TV series, The Contender, on NBC and ESPN. Regarding the big screen, Ray appeared in the The Fighter and served as a consultant on the upcoming film Real Steel, starring Hugh Jackman.

Having learned to box at 14, Ray's career includes three National Golden Gloves titles, two Amateur Athletic Union championships and the 1975 Pan-American Games crown. After winning a boxing gold medal at the 1976 Olympic Games, he turned pro to help his family defer mounting medical bills incurred because of his father's illness.

Howard Cosell dubbed Ray the "new Muhammad Ali." In 1977, at age 20, Leonard won his first pro fight. He went on to defeat some of the finest boxers of the modern era, including Wilfred Benetiz, Roberto Duran, Thomas Hearns and Marvin Hagler, from whom Ray won the world middleweight title.

During his 20-year professional career, Ray also won world titles in the welterweight, junior middleweight, super middleweight and light heavyweight divisions. He was the first boxer to win world titles in five different weight classes, a record that stands to this day.

Ray has been a successful TV broadcaster for NBC, ABC, HBO and ESPN and has fostered commercial endorsement relationships with companies including EA Sports, Vartec Telecom, Track Inc., Ford, Carnation, 7-Up, Nabisco, Coca-Cola and Revlon.

Ray is also among the most sought after motivational/inspirational speakers in the world. His speech, entitled "POWER" (Prepare, Overcome, and Win Every Round), is consistently booked with major Fortune 500 companies worldwide. Ray will release his first autobiography entitled The Big Fight: My Life In and Out of the Ring on June 7, 2011, which he developed with veteran author Michael Arkush.

Ray has always been devoted to the community and for many years has been the international chairman of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation Walk for a Cure. He also participates in a variety of national and international causes benefiting children's charities. Ray has four children and lives in Southern California with his wife, Bernadette.

We know all about Sugar Ray Leonard's moves in the boxing ring. Now we can't wait for him to knock us out in the dance floor!

Photo credit: Debra Wald

Anna Trebunskaya

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Sugar Ray Leonard

BACKGROUND:
A native of Russia, Anna has been dancing ever since she was six years old. We're thinking it was only natural, as her parents owned a dance studio. She took part in her first competition at the age of seven. And guess what? She won! It was the start of a trend, as she's been winning awards and accolades as an amateur and pro ever since!

Anna moved to the U.S. with her parents in 1998 when she was 17. Both mom and dad were professional ballroom dancers, and her mother still makes her costumes today. Way to keep it all in the family, Anna!

In Season Two of DWTS, Anna paired with football great Jerry Rice to make the finals, and ultimately a second place finish. In Season Five, she paired with model Albert Reed and in Season 6 she danced with actor/funnyman Steve Guttenberg. And last season Anna made it to the finals, finishing second with Evan Lysacek.

But none of those pairings compare to the one she has offstage. We just love the fact that Anna is married to fellow DWTS pro Jonathan Roberts. Wonder if they carpool to work.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
International Grand Ball Champion
U.K. Championships
International Grand Ball Champion
2004 USA Rising Star Latin Champion
2003 Blackpool Rising Star Latin Finalist
1998 USA Amateur Youth Standard (Ballroom) Champion
PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:
Kurt Warner
Evan Lysacek
Chuck Liddell
Jerry Rice
Albert Reed
Steve Guttenberg

ABC

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Not the best dancer by far, but I liked watching him for the most part.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 2,991 posts
Was not thrilling, I put him somewhere in the middle

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,037 posts
I expected more from Sugar Ray but remind myself that he is not as young as he looks. And, she is just so overshadowing/overwhelming with all the red hair.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

I expected more from Sugar Ray but remind myself that he is not as young as he looks. And, she is just so overshadowing/overwhelming with all the red hair.

Yes, she is! I like Sugar Ray but he is going to have to kick it up a notch soon.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
wouldn't be suprised if this boring couple leaves.

Poptart

Poptart

• Pip
  • 234 posts
OMG how awful. He needs to go home.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,037 posts
Love her. Him, not so much. Dancing, I mean.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
He seems sort of listless about the whole thing. Not so much like you would think a fighter would be. He won't be around long (or he shouldn't be). BUT I sure hope Kendra goes before him because I just don't like her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users