Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts
Posted Image

Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff

Ralph Macchio
'The Karate Kid"

PRO DANCER PARTNER: Karina Smirnoff

He's a successful actor, writer, director and producer. And we'll always love Ralph Macchio for being The Karate Kid. He chopped and kicked his way to stardom in that classic crowd-pleasing flick and as well as its successors, The Karate Kid, Part II and The Karate Kid, Part III.
Ralph's extensive list of film credits includes Francis Ford Coppola's The Outsiders and the hit comedy My Cousin Vinny. Among his multiple TV credits are: a two-season arc on ABC's Ugly Betty, a comedic guest lead on the series Psych, as well as a guest lead on the ABC drama The Whole Truth. Ralph was also a guest star on the hit series Entourage as well as the comedy Head Case.

Ralph also recently appeared in a funnyordie.com viral video sensation, Wax On, #### Off, which has received raves from critics and viewers alike. Ralph made his Broadway debut starring opposite Robert De Niro in the sold-out Joseph Papp production of Cuba and His Teddy Bear at the Longacre Theatre.

Ralph has come a long way since the "All-Valley Under-18 Karate Tournament" and we can't wait to see how far he goes on Dancing With The Stars!

Photo Credit: Stephanie Pistel

Karina Smirnoff

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Ralph Macchio

BACKGROUND:
Karina was born in the Ukraine before she made her way to the U.S. with her family at the age of 12. And speaking of her family, we're giving a great big shout out to Karina's folks for getting her started with ballet lessons when she was five. Think they had any idea what they started?!

At the age of nine, Karina was introduced to ballroom dancing and fell in love with it. After high school, she graduated from Fordham University but put her academic studies on hold to pursue her ballroom dancing career in the United Kingdom.

We first fell in love with Karina during Season 3 when she swung into a second place finish with partner Mario Lopez. Not bad for a DWTS rookie. The next season she finished fifth with Billy Ray Cyrus. The two would team up again after their last dance when Karina guest starred on Hannah Montana.

Karina and her former partner Slavik Kryklyvyy shared tremendous success winning the U.S. Championships and many other world titles and were ranked second in the world in the Latin division.

Back for her eighth season, we just can't to see Karina burn the floor on the DWTS stage!

ACHIEVEMENTS:
Five-time U.S. National Champion
World Trophy Champion
Asian Open Champion
PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:
Mike "The Situation" Sorrentino
Aaron Carter
Mario Lopez
Billy Ray Cyrus
Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Rocco DiSpirito
Mario
Steve Wozniak

ABC

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Wish I liked Karina better

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Yeah, I can't stand Karina either. Ralph danced really well, but I didn't think he danced that much better than Hines, who only got 7's.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Yah I agree there, but he is the most well known male "star" so I guess they have to pad his scores for a while

I still love him though, even if he does still look 12

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,117 posts
He seems like he could be a fan favorite, but Karina is so disliked that she could be his downfall. I love the guy but am sorry he's paired with her.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 2,987 posts
I thought he did a great job last night.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,877 posts
She has a beautiful body. Natural. Very athletic. Lean. Thin hair, tho. I think that she is always one of the better dancers in a dramatic sorta way. Maybe people don't like her so much because she is somewhat icy; reserved. I like her. Him; I dunno so much.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,877 posts
I think that the judges were way too hard on him. They were my faves of the night. He's maybe the best non pro.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
I thought he danced great again this week. His daughter is just stunning.

sisu power

sisu power

• Pip
  • 1,224 posts
I still can't believe how youthful he looks. He is such a likeable guy and I hope he can make those changes to his presentation (hands, feet...) so that he can boost his scores.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,877 posts
Ralph Macchio is the real Dorian Gray.

He seems to be a nice guy. Nervous, though. Can't keep those hands still, dancing or no. I like him. She is fab and imo the best dancer there. Incredible moves.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,877 posts
Second best, him.

njdukie

njdukie

• Pip
  • 706 posts
I :heart2: Ralph!! Seems like such a nice guy, and I like it when the nice guy who does a great job wins!

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,839 posts
Ralph did some fast thinking to pull Karina up into that turn and smooth over a bad situation.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 2,987 posts
I was not impressed with Ralph last night. He seemed so rigid, and appeared he was not enjoying it as much as other performances....Hope he stays!

Happy Camper

Happy Camper

• Pip
  • 103 posts
I thought Ralph did his best dancing AFTER the fall. He seemed more relaxed and confident.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users