Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Posted Image

Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin

Petra Nemcova
"The Super Model Survivor"

PRO DANCER PARTNER: Dmitry Chaplin

Born and raised in Karvina, in the Czech Republic, Petra Nemcova took the modeling world by storm after being discovered by a modeling scout on the streets of her native country. She has graced the pages and covers of magazines such as Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Shape, Cosmopolitan, Vanity Fair and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.

In 2004, Petra suffered a broken pelvis and severe internal injuries while on vacation in Thailand during the devastating Tsunami. After her recovery, she created the "Happy Hearts Fund" (www.happyheartsfund.org), a charitable organization and campaign dedicated to improving children's lives through education and sustainable programs in natural disaster areas.

Happy Hearts Fund, since its inception in 2006, has rebuilt 47 schools and kindergartens, with eight currently on their way, and has presence in nine countries, including Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, Sri Lanka, Haiti, India, Chile and Hurricane Katrina-affected areas of the United States. 100 percent of all donations received are directed to children's programming.

Petra has obviously stepped up to great challenges in the past. Now she'll have one more to embrace as she takes to the stage on Dancing With The Stars!

Photo Credit: 2010 Wire Image

Dmitry Chaplin

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Petra Nemcova

BACKGROUND:
We first saw this young pro transition from So You Think You Can Dance to DWTS two seasons ago, when he was paired up with Holly Madison. Now he's shuffling back for more action in Season 12!

Dmitry's ballroom dancing career began at the age of 12 in his home town of Rostov–on-Don in Russia. His perfect combination of technique and performance soon got him noticed by judges and teachers in his home country.

After moving to the United States, his commitment to dance brought him to work with some of the best coaches in the ballroom world, including Louis Van Amstel and Shirley Ballas. Dmitry studied in both America and the United Kingdom, and began representing the U.S. at famous ballroom competitions around the world as one of the best dancers in the Under 21 division.

In 2006, Dmitry's dance career took a different course when he joined the cast of the hit TV show So You Think You Can Dance. He became one of the Top 10 dancers, representing the ballroom world and establishing himself as an audience favorite. In the following season, Dmitry was invited back to choreograph for the show both in the U.S and for its international versions.

Dmitry became the winner in the 2002 English Open Championships and a semi-finalist in the 2003 International Open to the World.

That same year, Dmitry became the Open to the World Grandprix Champion (held in Tokyo) and was a semi finalist in the Dutch Open World Championships. In 2006 he was invited to represent the United States in the U.S. National Championships where he became a finalist.

Dmitry also performed in the 2008 Idol Gives Back fundraiser for American Idol, and served as a judge the Broadway Dreams Dance Competition in Canada that same year.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
Ohio Star Ball Latin Finalist 2005 U.S. National Finalist 2006
PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNER:
• Mya
• Holly Madison

ABC

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Gotta root for her a little too. This must be a hard time for her with all the tsunami news out of Japan. It must bring back terrible memories. Anyway, she is gorgeous, and I am excited to see if she can dance!

ElleNaturelle

ElleNaturelle

• Pip
  • 5,503 posts
I hope she does well. She has such an amazing heart, strength, and resilence about her. I admire the courage she's found to speak about what she went through and how important it is to continue to lend support after time has passed because the tragedy that people go through takes more than a few months to recover from. She's turned her own sadness into hope for others. For that alone, I'll be cheering this girl on because she seems like such a wonderful, gentle person. Let's hope she can boogy though lol!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I thought she did a good job. Hope her injuries from the tsunami don't hurt her on some of the more challenging dances. She is very graceful and what an upbeat positive attitude. I really like her.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 3,002 posts
One of my favorites last night, extremely elegant.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,147 posts

I thought she did a good job. Hope her injuries from the tsunami don't hurt her on some of the more challenging dances. She is very graceful and what an upbeat positive attitude. I really like her.

I don't want to hear her complaining every week. Remember how much Jennifer Gray complained about her neck injury and it didn't hurt her one bit.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
They were good.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I didn't hear any complaining this week, and quite frankly, even if she does, she's earned it. I'd rather listen to her all day than listen to Kendra whining for one minute.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Amazingly beautiful and touching dance tonight. It was ethereal. And I LOVE that song!

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
Not my fave of the night and I think that they are very good together. She seems a wonderful person and is very elegant. I'm not so much into all the personal stuff after a point. I do think that their points should be better.

She and Maks should have danced together. Dreamy.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
At some point, I started thinking that she is a tad silly (like Kirstie). It was okay. She kind of stomped around and it wasn't a very flattering dance for her.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

At some point, I started thinking that she is a tad silly (like Kirstie). It was okay. She kind of stomped around and it wasn't a very flattering dance for her.

Yeah, wasn't my favorite dance of hers, but I do like her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users