Chatbox
    Thank you, everyone, that posted. When midnight rolls around in the BB house, I start the next day's thread. It is now Saturday October 1, 2016 Big Brother OTT Live Feed Updates There's a lot going on around midnight, I hope you'll all pitch in and post some updates. ~Morty
    You don't have permission to chat.
    Load More
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dade

Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin

12 posts in this topic

9d9910578d893e543f07d8087c18674f.jpg

Petra Nemcova and Dmitry Chaplin

Petra Nemcova

"The Super Model Survivor"

PRO DANCER PARTNER: Dmitry Chaplin

Born and raised in Karvina, in the Czech Republic, Petra Nemcova took the modeling world by storm after being discovered by a modeling scout on the streets of her native country. She has graced the pages and covers of magazines such as Elle, Harper's Bazaar, Shape, Cosmopolitan, Vanity Fair and the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition.

In 2004, Petra suffered a broken pelvis and severe internal injuries while on vacation in Thailand during the devastating Tsunami. After her recovery, she created the "Happy Hearts Fund" (www.happyheartsfund.org), a charitable organization and campaign dedicated to improving children's lives through education and sustainable programs in natural disaster areas.

Happy Hearts Fund, since its inception in 2006, has rebuilt 47 schools and kindergartens, with eight currently on their way, and has presence in nine countries, including Thailand, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, Sri Lanka, Haiti, India, Chile and Hurricane Katrina-affected areas of the United States. 100 percent of all donations received are directed to children's programming.

Petra has obviously stepped up to great challenges in the past. Now she'll have one more to embrace as she takes to the stage on Dancing With The Stars!

Photo Credit: 2010 Wire Image

Dmitry Chaplin

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Petra Nemcova

BACKGROUND:

We first saw this young pro transition from So You Think You Can Dance to DWTS two seasons ago, when he was paired up with Holly Madison. Now he's shuffling back for more action in Season 12!

Dmitry's ballroom dancing career began at the age of 12 in his home town of Rostov

Gotta root for her a little too. This must be a hard time for her with all the tsunami news out of Japan. It must bring back terrible memories. Anyway, she is gorgeous, and I am excited to see if she can dance!

I hope she does well. She has such an amazing heart, strength, and resilence about her. I admire the courage she's found to speak about what she went through and how important it is to continue to lend support after time has passed because the tragedy that people go through takes more than a few months to recover from. She's turned her own sadness into hope for others. For that alone, I'll be cheering this girl on because she seems like such a wonderful, gentle person. Let's hope she can boogy though lol!

I thought she did a good job. Hope her injuries from the tsunami don't hurt her on some of the more challenging dances. She is very graceful and what an upbeat positive attitude. I really like her.

I thought she did a good job. Hope her injuries from the tsunami don't hurt her on some of the more challenging dances. She is very graceful and what an upbeat positive attitude. I really like her.

I don't want to hear her complaining every week. Remember how much Jennifer Gray complained about her neck injury and it didn't hurt her one bit.

I didn't hear any complaining this week, and quite frankly, even if she does, she's earned it. I'd rather listen to her all day than listen to Kendra whining for one minute.

Amazingly beautiful and touching dance tonight. It was ethereal. And I LOVE that song!

Not my fave of the night and I think that they are very good together. She seems a wonderful person and is very elegant. I'm not so much into all the personal stuff after a point. I do think that their points should be better.

She and Maks should have danced together. Dreamy.

At some point, I started thinking that she is a tad silly (like Kirstie). It was okay. She kind of stomped around and it wasn't a very flattering dance for her.

At some point, I started thinking that she is a tad silly (like Kirstie). It was okay. She kind of stomped around and it wasn't a very flattering dance for her.

Yeah, wasn't my favorite dance of hers, but I do like her.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0