Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Posted Image

Krstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Kirstie Alley
"Hollywood's Most Outrageous Actress"

PRO DANCER PARTNER: Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Kirstie Alley has emerged as one of the top actresses of her generation, proving time and again that she is capable of great depth and range, as well as a comedic timing second to none. Hey, she always cracks us up!

Kirstie's TV work earned her seven Golden Globe and eight Emmy nominations. She's won a Golden Globe, two Emmys and three People's Choice Awards. Kirstie co-wrote and starred in Showtime's critically acclaimed comedy Fat Actress. She also played the title character in the NBC sitcom Veronica's Closet and also served as executive producer.
In 1994, Kirstie showcased her dramatic range starring in the CBS TV movie David's Mother, for which she won an Emmy. In 1987, Kirstie joined the cast of the long-running hit NBC sitcom Cheers as the neurotic Rebecca Howe. She received critical accolades and won both an Emmy for Lead Actress in a Comedy Series and Golden Globe for Best Performance by an Actress in a Comedy Series in 1991. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Kirstie made her movie debut in 1982's Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, in which she played the beautiful Vulcan officer, Lieutenant Saavik. In 1999, Kirstie starred in the dark comedy Drop Dead Gorgeous. The cult-classic mockumentary follows the contestants in a beauty pageant in Minnesota.

Kirstie also starred in Woody Allen's Deconstructing Harry. She had us laughing again by starring alongside John Travolta in the hit film Look Who's Talking. The super-successful comedy spawned two hit sequels. Some of Kirstie's other film credits include Shoot to Kill, Summer School, For Richer or Poorer and Champions.

In 1995, Kirstie was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. She served as the spokesperson for Pier One from 2000 to 2004 and Jenny Craig from 2005 to 2008. In 2010, Kirstie worked with experts in science, nutrition, and medicine to develop Organic Liaison, which includes Rescue Me, the first ever USDA certified organic weight-loss product.

It's safe to say that Kirstie Alley has been one of the busiest people in Hollywood for awhile now. So we're glad she found some time to take to the stage on Dancing With The Stars!

Photo Credit: Andrew MacPherson

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Kirstie Alley

BACKGROUND:
"The Bad Boy of the Ballroom" joined the show in Season 2, competing with partner Tia Carrere. We fell for Maks instantly. Known for his bold moves and even bolder mouth, he's the one we love to hate and hate to love.

Maks has come close to getting that shiny disco ball twice. He made it to the finals with boxing champ Laila Ali in Season 4, and finished in second place in Season 5 with Mel B. So close!

Ladies love to look at Maks. "I know my assets so I don't have a problem opening my shirt," the dancer says. "I notice women looking at my chest all the time. If you want to look at my chest, go ahead." Don't mind if we do!

Maks is a big part of the DWTS family. He toured in the national production and is part of the DWTS: Cardio Dance DVD. He recently starred on ABC's sports competition show The Superstars and played himself in an episode of All My Children.

Outside of DWTS, Maks choreographed for famed director Franco Dragone's Le Reve, and performed in the Broadway show Burn the Floor.

Currently a board member for the non-profit organization DanceTeamUSA, Maks is dedicated to inspiring American kids to get involved in DanceSport. He started the Rising Stars Dance Academy, which is the premier youth ballroom dance school in the United States. He also organizes performances all over the world through his company Maksim Chmerkovskiy Productions.

ACHIEVEMENTS:
2005 Yankee Classic Professional Latin Champion
2004 Manhattan Dancesport Professional Latin Champion
2003 Ohio Star Ball Latin Champion
Ranked 2nd in the US
PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:
Brandy
Erin Andrews
Debi Mazar
Denise Richards
Misty May-Treanor
Mel B
Laila Ali
Willa Ford
Tia Carrere

ABC

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
for some reason, I'd really like to see her do well.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,256 posts
I think that Kirstie Alley will likely do well but I have always found her overbearing and obnoxious and after all these years; I don't really care where she is in her weight-loss quest. Again, would not surprise me to see her dance well and I mean really, you would have to be insane not to be in total thrall at the prospect of dancing with Rосподин Chmerkovskiy.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,727 posts
I'm just anticipating the footage of their practices.
Should be fun to watch.

Maybe Maxim will surprise us all and make her shine.

Either way .... I love watching his antics and his DANCING .......

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
YAY!!!! Kirstie did fantastic and maks looked super YUMMY!!!!!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I was very pleasantly surprised. I may just end up being a fan of her dancing, and it doesn't hurt that Sexy Maksy is her partner! YUMMY Maks!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
They were so funny too

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,727 posts
awww... they were SOOOOO happy.

Glad they did well :2thumbsup:

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
I love Kirsti's humor. I have been a fan of her for a long time. I am on the West Coast and haven't seen her yet. I love coming here and getting opinions of the dances before I see them. I don't come here on elimination night though...

Glad she did well.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,144 posts
I thought the judges overscored her. I didn't think she was that great.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 3,002 posts
I am a huge fan of Kristie's, she did a wonderful job last night...She still has the moves for a 60 year old woman.... :party_smilie:

JP2009

JP2009

• Pip
  • 374 posts
saw tv interview and he said she was to crude for his taste.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

saw tv interview and he said she was to crude for his taste.

I assume you are talking about Maks? Well of course he'd think she was crude, because he is so prim and proper after all --- :animated_rotfl: :animated_rotfl:

bboop

bboop

• Pip
  • 125 posts
Wow, Maks looks soooo good, didn't mind Kirstie too much neither. Thought the score was a bit high for them, but as long as they stay for awhile, that's the important thing. And she did flit around there really good.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
I thought she did great! this may be the team I root for the whole way.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,256 posts
Beautiful dress. IMHO, the quickstep is not particularly attractive under any situation for bigger people. She pulled it off just okay for me.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

Beautiful dress. IMHO, the quickstep is not particularly attractive under any situation for bigger people. She pulled it off just okay for me.

Good point. I thought she did pretty well. Her footwork is really good.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,727 posts
I was thinking the dress was too long (pretty tho)...
and was hiding the good foot work she was doing.

A lot of the teams seemed like they improved a lot since
last week.
Kirstie will probably meet her goal of losing 40 pounds at this pace.
Goooo Kirstie :2thumbsup: and Max :mbabe:

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
One of my favorite teams, for sure. Glad they will dance again next week!

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,189 posts

I am a huge fan of Kristie's, she did a wonderful job last night...She still has the moves for a 60 year old woman.... :party_smilie:

She really does!

She seems to be off to a great start with plenty of enthusiasm and drive to do the show. I hope she does well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users