Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Hines Ward & Kym Johnson

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Posted Image

Hines Ward & Kym Johnson

Hines Ward
"The Super Bowl Steeler"

PRO DANCER PARTNER: Kym Johnson

He's a four-time Pro Bowler, three-time Super Bowl participant, two-time Super Bowl champ, and the Super Bowl XL MVP. Now Hines Ward is adding "ballroom dancer" to his already-impressive resume.

Hines holds virtually every record in Pittsburgh Steelers' wide receiving history and will go down as the team's all-time leading wide receiver. He was named to the Steelers' 75th Season All-Time Team and will be entering his 14th season with Pittsburgh this upcoming fall. That makes him the longest tenured wide receiver with the same NFL team.

Hines is arguably one of the best blocking wide receivers to ever play the game and is fresh off an outstanding performance in a close loss to the Green Bay Packers in the 2011 Super Bowl. He's a fierce competitor with a big heart and a big smile, which we can't always see behind that darn facemask!

Beyond football, Hines is a symbol of success and goodwill to the Korean community and all of Asia. He started his "Helping Hands" foundation in which he devotes his time in the U.S. and Korea to the fight against bi-racial discrimination.

The program in the U.S. focuses on improving literacy among children and provides programs and services to better equip them for achieving success in life. The program in Korea focuses on raising awareness for the problem of biracial discrimination and providing inspiration to the mixed race children in that country. Hines is considered an ambassador of hope to children everywhere.

Remember how we said we couldn't always see his smile behind his facemask? Well, that won't be the case when he takes center stage on Dancing With The Stars. We're just hoping he can make the judges smile, too!

Photo Credit: NFL Photos

Kym Johnson

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Hines Ward

BACKGROUND:
If you're wondering who to thank for introducing Kym to the world of ballroom dancing, look no further than her immediate family. No, it wasn't her parents. It was her brother! Apparently, he thought dancing would be a good way to meet girls, so Kym was dragged along to the lessons. Way to go, bro!

It wasn't long before Kym was dancing competitively. In December 1998, she and then-partner Tomas Atkocevicius came second at the Australian DanceSport Championships in the Open Amateur Modern Ballroom.

However, we got our first DWTS glimpse of Kym she was paired with Jerry Springer in Season 3. Remember how Kym and Jerry were such fan favorites during their impressive run, which ended with a 5th Place finish? She stepped things up in Season 4 when she dazzled us on her way to a second place finish with Joey Fatone. Loved it! Then in Season 9, Kym took parter Donny Osmond all the way to the Mirror Ball Trophy.

You could say Kym "got down under" when she appeared on Dancing with the Stars (Australia). She also appeared in several TV ads as well as a sexy modeling shoot for FHM magazine. But even though the camera loves her, you can't keep Kym off the dance floor for long, as she also performed on the world tour of the modern ballroom stage show Burn the Floor.

Other highlights of her successful career include dancing at Elton John's 50th birthday party and appearing in the hit movie Strictly Ballroom. But we'll always love her for Dancing With The Stars!

ACHIEVEMENTS:
Former Australian Amateur Ballroom and Latin champion
Finalist U.K. Ballroom Championships at Blackpool
Burn The Floor world tour
Dancing With The Stars Australia - Seasons 1, 2 and 3
PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:
David Hasselhoff
Donny Osmond
Jerry Springer
Joey Fatone
Mark Cuban
Warren Sapp
David Alan Grier

ABC

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
He's her gift after getting The Hoff last season!!

I don't usually enjoy the football guys, but he was awesome and YUMMY!!!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

He's her gift after getting The Hoff last season!!

I don't usually enjoy the football guys, but he was awesome and YUMMY!!!

HAHA I had forgotten who she had last season. Yes, she deserves a break, and Hines was SOOOOOOO good - sparkly, yummy, just fun to watch. His hips don't lie!

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
I loved him when he played for Georgia and he's my fave on DWTS.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,147 posts
This guy was the surprise of the night for me. I loved him. I'm definitely "Team Macchio" but Hines could be my second fav.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 3,002 posts
Yep he was a huge surprise for me too. He came off with a great deal of showmanship.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
If I had to vote for the final two right now, it would be Hines Ward and Ralph Macchio.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Love this guy, and love the playful interaction between he and Kym. Very cute.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Another amazing dance for Hines. Love this guy! If the football lockout continues, he might have a new career!

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
He is really good. alot better than i had ever expected.

Poptart

Poptart

• Pip
  • 234 posts
Glad he is doing good. Has some pretty good hip action!

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
He does fine. She is a very good dancer.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Love to watch them dance!

Iris

Iris

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,189 posts
Congratulations on their win! :party_smilie:

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
I was glad it was Hines. I preferred him to Chelsea, and as much as I liked Kirstie (and I thought I would hate her) and LOVE Maks, she wasn't nearly as good as Hines or Chelsea. But I do give her major props for doing as well as she did, especially with her age, and the extra weight.

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
Im glad that my favorite 3 from the beginning got final 3... i was hoping for a kirsti win, but being a member of the steeler nation, im glad he won too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users