Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Scotty McCreery

scotty wins round 1

No surprise that he won. I really think he deserved it.

He was definitely the most consistent throughout the season (AFTER Hollywood week). I was okay with either Scotty or Lauren winning. Both will have bright futures as country artists.

I didn't think Scotty deserved to be on American Idol in the first place. American Idol to me is a singing competition which means you need to be able to sign more than one genre. In the end if you are a country singer, pop singer or whatever it doesn't matter but while on the show you have to show you can do more than one genre. Scotty has a good country voice which makes him perfect for Nashville Stars but not American Idol. He butchered every non country song there was and was just awful. American Idol always gets rid of the good singers early on, the bad ones seem to always stick. Scotty will not a huge presence after American Idol. In fact I think he will eventually go the way of Ruban Studdard who is rarely if ever heard from.

Where does it say that to be on American Idol you have to be able to sing more than one genre? The fact is, if you can sing, you can SING.

Sign in to follow this