Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Lauren Alaina

lauren_alaina_210x156.jpg

Lauren Alaina

16 years old | Rossville, GA

She's my favorite! I hope she makes top 3 atleast. great talent, especially for only being 16.

She is my favorite, too. I love her! She's got an amazing voice and she's cute as could be. If Carrie and Kelly had a baby it would totally be Lauren Alaina. :smitten:

quite pimped already lots of tv time

that may hurt her down the stretch

should make top 5 if not beyond

average vocals but makes up for it with charisma

Sixteen going-on 40. I like her okay. I should like her more than I do but for some reason; I don't.

It is never good to start out as the best..

example, Crystal Bowersox..

even though Crystal was still the better all around, Lee Dewayze steadily got better, so he gained the momentum and stole the vote at the end..

Lauren (imo) is the best right now, and it's hard to win whenever you start out the front runner.

cutesy and safe performance not blown away with it

There was sooo much Shania she could have done and should have, poor song choice for me, I like Shania and there are many more songs Lauren could've covered better of Shanias

There was sooo much Shania she could have done and should have, poor song choice for me, I like Shania and there are many more songs Lauren could've covered better of Shani

I agree with you Fatcat, it was not her best by far.

She's way too much to be wearing ruffled babydoll tops and singing the always bouncy (always engineered) Shania Twain. The girl has a gorgeous face, too much hair, too much make-up and a fabulous voice. Unfortunately, she comes across as somewhat contrived to me and clearly has never been told that for some of us; less is more.

I say this because I think that she is one of the more talented.

Agree with Slim - she needs to tone down the "look". I also think she is one of the most talented, but very young and immature. She definitely needs some help with song choice. SO many other Shania songs that would have worked much better. OR pick another "idol" - Carrie, Miranda Lambert, or any number of other more contemporary artists - country or otherwise. I still like her and hope she continues but she needs to step it up a lot.

Agree with Slim - she needs to tone down the "look". I also think she is one of the most talented, but very young and immature. She definitely needs some help with song choice. SO many other Shania songs that would have worked much better. OR pick another "idol" - Carrie, Miranda Lambert, or any number of other more contemporary artists - country or otherwise. I still like her and hope she continues but she needs to step it up a lot.

Totally agree.

I can't believe she went first! I totes thought she was one of the favorites. I wasn't crazy about her performance (that is just a song that no one on Idol should ever sing! Remember Siobhan's performance? :giggle: ) but she is still my favorite girl.

Okay, now I know that the poor girl can't help it (big hair and makeup). Did you see her mama in the audience? She taught her everything about hair.....

they looked like twins!

I felt bad for her when she was talking about how she thought she was awful..

they looked like twins!

I felt bad for her when she was talking about how she thought she was awful..

She made me sort of uncomfortable when she was talking about it. First of all she was talking like a baby, and secondly there wasn't really anything for her to cry about imo. She wasn't the worst on Wednesday night and the judges weren't even really mean to her. She needs to at least toughen up a little bit.

She's VERY young - just turned 16. Both she and Thia are kinda that way - emotional, and over reactive.

You are right about that. I couldn't believe it when I read some of their birth years. lol 5 of them were born after 1990 and only 2 people are older than me this year! :shocked2:

just ok for me not blown away

I like her less each week and that's getting to be a long fall because she was on top of my list of favs.

hmm... had hopes that she'd go further even tho she's so young ...

but I won't be surprised if she's in the bottom 3 this week.

Disappointing performance.

Hope she can survive the CUT tonite.

Much better than last week. I think being sick hurt her performance this week. Hopefully she will pick good songs and step it up.

I like her less each week and that's getting to be a long fall because she was on top of my list of favs.

This is exactly how I feel! She was my absolute favorite since her audition but these last two live shows have really made her slip down my list. I think it's her personality mixed with lame song choices for me. I can't hang with that level of immaturity, even from a 16 year old.

I like her but she is not doing the right stuff

Sign in to follow this