Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Dancing With the Stars 12

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
New cast is announced tonight during the Bachelor! OHHHHHH I can't wait to see who is going to be on! I just am hoping for NO politicians or relatives of politicians who are not otherwise "celebrities"!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
OOOOOh, just found some potential spoilers of 6 celebs and their professional partners. To be honest, I don't know who some of these peeps are.

Spoiler

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I kind of hope that list proves to be wrong, sounds dreadful so far.... one of those people were rumored right before the beginning last year and they pretty much laughed at the notion, so I don't see that one happening

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Ralph Macchio :swoon

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Well, all 6 of the spoilers were correct, plus Sugar Ray Leonard, Ralph Macchio, Hines Ward, Petra Nemcova, and Mike Catherwood (WHO????). Actually there are several that I have no idea who they are other than what I read about them on reports about DWTS. I am pretty sure I will root for the guys, because there is no woman on here that I could possibly give a crap about. Does anyone else think Wendy looks like a cross dresser?

Here's a bit about each of them for anyone else who is scratching their heads wondering who in the world these people are:
Chris Jericho
Jericho, born Christopher Irvine, is very well known to the world of professional wrestling fans. The 40-year-old was the first undisputed champion of the WWE in December 2001 (he beat Stone Cold Steve Austin and the Rock) but put his career on hold recently to focus more on his other passion project, performing as lead singer of heavy-metal band Fozzy.

Romeo
Although originally signed up to strut his stuff on season two, Romeo was replaced at the last minute by his equally famous poppa, Master P (whose turn on "DWTS" has been touted by many critics and followers as one of the worst in the show's history; his Paso Doble holds the record for the lowest score ever). With the bar set slightly lower than average, the 21-year-old rapper, who once played college basketball for USC, likely hopes to make it farther than his father.

Kendra Wilkinson
The decidedly un-shy, already established reality-TV star Wilkinson is no stranger to performing or baring all in front of audiences. Wilkinson, who got her start as a Playboy model, ventured into television as a part of E!'s "The Girls Next Door" before slightly tempering her party-girl ways to settle down with NFL player Hank Baskett, their domestic bliss being the subject of her current show, "Kendra: Bunny Next Door."

Kirstie Alley
Before she was the subject of her own reality show, "Kirstie Alley's Big Life," first on A&E and now Lifetime, and a Jenny Craig spokeswoman, Alley was known to several generations of TV watchers and filmgoers for her memorable turns on TV shows "Cheers" and "Veronica's Closet" and movies like "Look Who's Talking." The outspoken celeb is a longtime "DWTS" fan, whose entertaining and varied tweets have been featured frequently in our Twitterwood column on MTV Movies Blog.

Wendy Williams
The self-proclaimed "Queen of All Media" made a name for herself as a radio DJ then became a best-selling author and currently hosts her own syndicated daytime talk show called "The Wendy Williams Show." Williams has a knack for asking uncomfortable questions during celebrity interviews and will certainly be a force to be reckoned with on the dance floor. Her talk show is reportedly scheduled to go on hiatus while she competes on the show.

Chelsea Kane
As has been the custom over the course of the past few seasons, the "DWTS" team has welcomed another Disney star into their midst, Chelsea Kane (formerly known as Chelsea Staub, Kane legally changed her professional name back in December). The 22-year-old was a regular on Disney's "JONAS," starring the Jonas Brothers, and currently lends her voice to the character Bea on the animated series "Fish Hooks."

Sugar Ray Leonard
Leonard, a former professional boxer, follows in the footsteps of a slew of former professional athletes who have danced before him. While athletes have been formidable competitors in "DWTS" seasons past, the boxers haven't fared quite as well. The 54-year-old's illustrious career includes winning world titles in five weight divisions, including the welterweight champion of the world, as well as being the first boxer to earn more than $100 million in total purse winnings. Here's hoping Leonard's footwork is more like that of Laila Ali than Evander Holyfield and Floyd Mayweather.

Ralph Macchio
Although he's had a few memorable parts on TV shows like "Entourage" and "Ugly Betty," for a lot of people, Macchio will always and forever be the original "Karate Kid." Sure, Jaden Smith karate-chopped his way to box-office success with his turn in 2010's remake, but Macchio kicked his way into the hearts of teenage girls everywhere with 1984's "The Karate Kid" and subsequent sequels.

Hines Ward
They're certainly not skimping on the athletes this season! Ward joins the cast as one of three professional athletes competing for the famed discoball trophy. The onetime Super Bowl MVP currently plays wide receiver for the Pittsburgh Steelers and was born in Seoul, South Korea. In September of last year, President Barack Obama appointed him a member of the President's Advisory Commission on Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

Petra Nemcova
This Czechoslovakian beauty is a supermodel with a big heart. The 31-year-old was one of hundreds of thousands of people caught in the devastating South Asian tsunami in 2004, which killed 250,000 people in 14 countries, including Nemcova's boyfriend at the time, Simon Atlee. When Nemcova visited the site of the tsunami several months later, she was unsatisfied with the structure of how charitable donations benefit those living in states of emergency, so she created the Happy Hearts Fund to help children in post-disaster areas in eight countries: Haiti, India, Indonesia, Mexico, Peru, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Hurricane Katrina-affected areas of the United States.

Mike Catherwood
While most TV watchers are familiar with Dr. Drew from his various VH1 shows, his "Loveline" radio partner, Mike Catherwood, might not be as well-known. Catherwood, also known as Psycho Mike, has co-hosted the syndicated radio show for a year now, following Adam Carolla's exit back in 2005. The muscly radio host -- who also works on Los Angeles' "Kevin & Bean Show" -- recently made a memorable appearance filling in for Regis Philbin on "Live With Regis & Kelly." We'll see if his smooth-talking skills and time in the gym translate to a successful "DWTS" run.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Yup other than Ralph Macchi I couldn't care less about any of them... and the only real trainwreck could be Kirstie Alley

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,118 posts
I'm "Team Macchio" all the way!!! Hope none of his competitors "sweeps the leg".

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,872 posts
I have only ever heard of 4 of these people. I really like Kirsty Alley. I love her sense of humor. I hope she is a good dancer...

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 2,987 posts
Not thrilled with the people whao will be on the show this season....I do like Kristy!

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,872 posts
I just read that Kirsty is 60 years old. Wow... I didn't know she was older then me. She looks good.

bboop

bboop

• Pip
  • 125 posts
Don't know most of these people, yuk. Just hope Maxsim is dancing this time or I won't be wanting to watch too much. Darn, I like to see more than 2 that I at least know.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,492 posts
Rumor is that Maks is dancing with Kirstie, boop.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts

They've got their partners. Now, they just have to learn the moves!

Following the cast announcement on Monday, ABC on Wednesday unveiled the celebrity-dancer pairings for the new season of Dancing with the Stars, premiering March 21.

The couples are as follows: Kendra Wilkinson and Louis van Amstel; Chelsea Kane and Mark Ballas; Wendy Williams and Tony Dovolani; Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy; Petra Nemcova and Dimitry Chaplin; Chris Jericho and Cheryl Burke; Romeo and Chelsie Hightower; Mike Catherwood and Lacey Schwimmer; Sugar Ray Leonard and Anna Trebunskaya; Hines Ward and Kym Johnson; and Ralph Macchio and Karina Smirnoff.

The stars have three weeks to prepare for the premiere, and Alley, 60, said the pressure is on.

"My partner [Maksim Chmerkovskiy] is calling me 'G' for Grandma," she said at Monday's press conference. "He says I'm too slow. I call him 'M' for mean."

bboop

bboop

• Pip
  • 125 posts
Yes...you're right sugar, Maks is there, I'm watchin', should be a hoot with Kirstie. Thanks

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,118 posts
I don't see it being a hoot. I predict Maks losing his patience, major fights, and lots of smiling for the camera and pretending we're getting along fine.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I'm kind of pissed off..... with Derek gone this season they had the perfect opportunity to get a good partner so he had a hope of winning.... but nooooooooo they saddle him with Kirstie Alley....

bboop

bboop

• Pip
  • 125 posts
You are probably right Jersey, might not be so great for us, but still might be good tv watching. I do wish he would have someone who he could win with, for a change. Lets hope we will be surprized, at least he's on the screen for however much time he has, and that will be good.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,872 posts
So you guys really like Makim? I am all over him. I picture Kirstie getting on his nerves and her not giving a crap but having a good time.

I am looking forward to Ralph Macchio and Kendra. I really don't know anyone else but I like those 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users