Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Subscribe to the Big Brother Live Feeds
Photo

Russell Hantz suspected of revealing spoilers

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
Article is too long to post (it's 3 pages), so here is the link

http://www.thedailyb...-as-his-source/

Fan spoiler being sued by CBS and Mark Burnett is naming Russell as his source... interesting read

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,787 posts
I split this into its own thread, since it's actually big news and could turn into a really big deal, since e-mails have now been provided as evidence and hard drives seized. Looks like the Survivor contract includes a clause which specifies that any contestant revealing spoiler information about who gets voted off or who wins competitions can be fined up to $5 million dollars.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
OUCH!!!

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
I remain skeptical about this until we see some more major entertainment news sources confirm that Mark Burnett is suing Russel Hantz. I not a huge fan of Russel, but I think Russel is smart enough to keep his mouth shut because Survivor now and in the future has been good to him ($$$$). It makes no sense that the would leak info to some blogger fan.

Also, hasn't there been leaks for many years. Its my impression that its pretty easy to find out who won before the start of each season, but only if a person searches on the internet; major news sources don't ruin it for everyone by announcing the winner even if they can verify it. I have watched every season since season 1 and never once have known who won before it was revealed on the show, so I find it pretty easy to avoid finding out; simply don't search for survivor leaks.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I am not skeptical at all. Lol. Stupid Russell

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
When some more credible Entertainment news sites start fallowing the story, then there is a reasonable chance its true. Even the link provided doesn't state that Hantz was being sued, just that the it the fan was accusing Hantz of being his source. Other than the fan accusing Hantz, there was no other sources indicating that the production company believe the fan and is suing Hantz. And a lot of this happened months ago.

If it is true, pretty good chance Hantz won't be at the season final live reunion show. Kind of doubt if they are suing him for 5 million, that they would be on good terms about him having any further involvement with Survivor.

Canopus

Canopus

• Pip
  • 210 posts
Russel is Survivor. If it wasn't for him, Survivor would have already been canceled, and CBS would be out tens of millions of dollars. If anything, CBS should be giving him 5 million dollars, not suing him for it. He saved their ass.

I predict CBS won't touch Russell. They need him for future shows. Besides, Russell would fight this, and CBS would never win in court. Just because there's a "don't tell" clause in the contract, doesn't make it legal. It's just there to scare contestants, but CBS won't try to enforce it because if it's declared invalid then they have nothing left to scare people with.

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 3,002 posts

Russel is Survivor. If it wasn't for him, Survivor would have already been canceled, and CBS would be out tens of millions of dollars. If anything, CBS should be giving him 5 million dollars, not suing him for it. He saved their ass.

I predict CBS won't touch Russell. They need him for future shows. Besides, Russell would fight this, and CBS would never win in court. Just because there's a "don't tell" clause in the contract, doesn't make it legal. It's just there to scare contestants, but CBS won't try to enforce it because if it's declared invalid then they have nothing left to scare people with.

I totally disagree with your post. But everyone has the right to a opinion.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts

Even when that opinion is totally and completely wrong Posted Image

Thing is, IF, and it's a big IF, CBS decides to pursue going after Russell for this, it won't be until this season is over.... then we'll see

Dang I just had a terrible thought, I might have to watch the Survivor finale from my room on my Disney Cruise....or I might miss it altogether.... EEK!!!!!!

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 3,002 posts

Pinkie my friend are you disagreeing with me.... :rolleyes: LOL I love it!

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts

Pinkie my friend are you disagreeing with me.... Posted Image LOL I love it!

No actually I was agreeing with you, you said that people have a right to their opinion and i agreed that they were even when they were completely wrong

Slowpoke

Slowpoke

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 7,525 posts
Ladies, ladies, ladies .........

Sheesh - did you see the video Dade posted in Survivor Redemption Island Media thread ?

Russell says right out that he did NOT leak anything.
BUT - then - I recall some presidents have even lied ^_^

Wonder if we'll ever find out if he was the one.... ????

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
Each episode is limited to about 42 minutes. If Hantz leaked info and they are suing him, they could also practically edit him out of this entire season and\or make him look like a bumbling idoit by selecting nonthing but his worst moments. Even if he goes very far into the game, they still could limit his air time to practically nothing. If all is cool between him and the producers, he will once again be in the audueinces faces a lot until he gets voted out. The truth will be obvious either way without them having to make a lot public news statements.

6Borders

6Borders

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 4,052 posts
I don't think Russell is smart enough to keep his mouth shut, I think his mile-wide ego makes him think that CBS won't do anything more than slap him on the wrist. The guy totally made me want to puke the first time (which is one reason I just couldn't get into Survivor) and now I want to turn it off until he's voted off. I hope he goes tonite.

Canopus

Canopus

• Pip
  • 210 posts
Other than Jeff, Russell is probably the biggest draw Survivor has ever had. He's crucial to the show. Even if he's leaking stuff, CBS would never chop down their money tree. CBS needs Russell. Russell doesn't need CBS.

Here's a crazy thought... if Jeff leaves after this season, what about Russell taking over as the show's host? It might not work, but crazier things have happened! I, for one, would love it! Russell could point out all the dumb moves people are making, with the full knowledge of what's really going on. He'd make a more active host, which might be a refreshing change for a reality show.

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
I can't really agree.I don't like the guy at all...lol
He gets under my skin so quickly. I wouldnt care if I ever saw him on survivor or any other show myself.

pinkie

pinkie

• Pip
  • 4,046 posts
I'm starting to think that canopus is Russell, no one thinks that highly of Russell but Russell himself

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
:animated_rotfl:

jenw_72

jenw_72

• Pip
  • 1,451 posts
lol I agree

echo

echo

• Pip
  • 2,320 posts
I think people's hatred for Russel make them want to believe he's dumb enough to cut off CBS & survivor because some fan feeds his ego. Personally I think CBS and the producers feed his ego far more any single fan (or group of fans) ever could. Russel is good for Survivor TV ratings, and for the CBS and the producers of Survivor, that is the bottom line. And no doubt in my mind that both Russel and Rob are getting bonus money to appear this season. Wouldn't surprise of they have signed contracts that garrented them over 100,000 each. Much like an appearance fee. I's more likely beleive this rumor if sex were involved, and some babe seduced him into having sex and he ended up telling her insider info, but I am just not buying it (yet) that he is stupid enough to ruin his reality TV future with Survivor and other shows (ie Amazing Race) because some fan was stroked is ego via email\phone. Naw... at the moment I think this rumor is 90% BS. Other than feeding his ego, leaking info gains him nothing, and Russel is about about making sure he is on the winning side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users