Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Margie and Luke

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Posted Image

Margie and Luke

Name (Age): Margie Adams (53)
Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.
Connection to your Teammate: Mother
Current Occupation: RN, BSN, Clinical Research Associate
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/3rd place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: Not drinking enough water and becoming dehydrated in Thailand. I fainted.

Most memorable moment from your first Race: Finishing in first place for the first leg of the Race.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Thailand, it was number one on my wish list for Season 14 so getting to go to both Bangkok and Phuket was fantastic.

Why do you want to run the Race again? It was one of the most exciting and best experiences of my life. I am looking forward to all the new places we will go.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I am more confident and more willing to try new things.

What are you passionate about? People being kind and accepting of each other

People would be surprised to learn: Nothing, I'm pretty boring.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Ireland, my grandparents are from there and I would love to see the country.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Some of the challenges require you to be able to listen/hear/sign and when those challenges come up we have to pick the other challenge since Luke is completely deaf. He cannot hear or use oral language.

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): Getting to spend time one-on-one with Luke

Pet peeve about your teammate: He is a very loud eater.

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Retire a few years earlier than planned.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: We need to be more careful about reading the clues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name (Age): Luke Adams (25)
Hometown: Colorado Springs, Colo.
Connection to your Teammate: Son
Current Occupation: Motivational Speaker
Previous Season/Result: Season 14/3rd place

Biggest mistake you made in your previous season: My biggest mistake was not being able to figure out what the last surfboard was during the final challenge!

Most memorable moment from your first Race: The hilarious cheese hill task and the underwear marathon.

Favorite place you visited on your first season: Thailand because the country and culture are just so beautiful. I would love to go there again someday.

Why do you want to run the Race again? To win The Amazing Race! I want to make up for my big blunder in the final leg of the last race.

How have you changed since the last time you competed? I stop more when I am traveling now to enjoy the scenery. I try not to rush things.

What are you passionate about? Travel, my family and friends.

People would be surprised to learn: I'm afraid of flying. I always have to suck it up whenever I'm on planes.

One location that you hope to go on this adventure: Ireland, because it would be awesome to see where my family came from.

Biggest challenge you and your teammate will face on the Race together: Being sleep deprived!

What do you hope to accomplish by running the Race again (other than winning one million dollars): It would be cool if we could visit five continents, avoid being u-turned and be the first team to make it to the final three twice!

Pet peeve about your teammate: Nothing -- she is an awesome teammate and mom!

What would you do if you won the million dollars? Invest.

Any strategic changes you will make heading into this Race: I don't think I will change anything since our strategy from last time worked well. Hopefully it will bring us to the final three again and we can win this time!

CBS

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
LOVE! So pumped they are back, they are my dibs team!

KingOfRealityTV

KingOfRealityTV

• Pip
  • 7,647 posts
Ukeotine

:giljotiini:

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
They kinda bothered me a little bit.
everything always came back to him being deaf. the mom always thought they were making fun of him, when they werent.

iloverobandamber

iloverobandamber

• Pip
  • 86 posts

LOVE! So pumped they are back, they are my dibs team!

i like them too,i'm so glad there back

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,146 posts
I'll be rooting for this team as well. I liked this team last time. Luke's deafness, in my opinion, wasn't addressed anymore than some of the gay teams advocating their cause or Myrna & Charla trying to prove the capability of little people.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
I am rooting for them 100%. I would love if they won!

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts
Glad to see they have more fans than haters at least on here. I am cheering for them too (as I did the first time around)!

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
Ok, I so they have somewhat redeemed themselves for me in this first episode.. I wouldnt say im rooting for them to win, because im not, and i still dont like them...but i would actually like to see them make it further than i originally thought i would..

KingOfRealityTV

KingOfRealityTV

• Pip
  • 7,647 posts
It seemed the same old thing to me, him being a drama queen and momma bear doing all the work...

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
welp, glad they are gone. see ya later crybaby.

bboop

bboop

• Pip
  • 125 posts
that was horrible, glad they are gone too. Really, why put yourself on a show like this.

SugarB

SugarB

• Pip
  • 9,493 posts

that was horrible, glad they are gone too. Really, why put yourself on a show like this.

The same reason anyone else goes on a show like this!

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
I won't miss them and glad they were Philiminated...there is just something I did not like about their approach to the race and the other racers.

jersey721

jersey721

• Pip
  • 3,146 posts
Yes, Luke was a big cry baby at the tea challenge, but I'm still sorry they were eliminated. I don't know who to root for now. Maybe Gary & Mallory.

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
I think part of my issue with Luke and Margie is how much I am liking other returning teams over their return.

Greg & Mallory
I actually was not sure exactly why Greg and Mallory earned a redemption spot but have recently come to enjoy Mallory's exuberance for the race. I like the way the father and daughter work together (unlike Ron & Christina); i like the joy for the cultural differences and countries; I like their positive support/interactions with other team members.

Zev & Justin
My favorite returning team...I have been worried about them the last couple weeks but I really like this team and how they work together. I am frequently in awe over how Zev overcomes his challenges with Asperger's way more than how Luke has dealt with any challenges due to lack of hearing.

Globe Trotters
This team is fun to watch and I like that they are showing respect to other teams for competition.

Cowboys
They appear to be fumblers but they are moving up my tote board of fan allegiance

Team Goth
Really like them...a team that seems to embrace and respect the difference in cultures. Looks like them find a bit of who they are in each place that they go.

erinjs

erinjs

• Pip
  • 13,891 posts
Sad

Zev and Justin for the win now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users